Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E-fiber all around me but not a drop to drink........

Options
  • 04-12-2014 10:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭

Hi. 
    I'm living in a brand new house. I got eircom to install line etc. The technician that came to install the line said that we should get e-fiber, as it was available to most if not all of the other houses in our estate. I have since found that I am the only house around here that can't get e-fiber.
    Both houses next to me are able to get it. One of these houses was connected AFTER me. I have rang eircom, but no one is able to tell me why I can't get e-fiber. There is a big difference between 8mb and 100mb.
    Two reasons I went with eircom were:
    1. There was a good deal on it. As it stands, I'm now paying more per month for less speed.
    2. I had planned on getting e-vision added in the near future.
    Had I known that I wouldn't be able to get e-fiber, I would have looked at other options and providers. I'm not long off the phone to customer support, where I was cut off for a finish, why I'm not sure.
    To date, I've had massive problems getting connected and mix ups with engineers and exchanges. 
    I would like to know the exact reason why I don't have e-fiber, what I have to do or what has to be done to get me onto it, and why everyone else around me has it and I don't.
    The cabinet that  I'm connected to is quite close to me, as is the exchange.
    Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

tacklemore wrote: »
    Hi. 
    I'm living in a brand new house. I got eircom to install line etc. The technician that came to install the line said that we should get e-fiber, as it was available to most if not all of the other houses in our estate. I have since found that I am the only house around here that can't get e-fiber.
    Both houses next to me are able to get it. One of these houses was connected AFTER me. I have rang eircom, but no one is able to tell me why I can't get e-fiber. There is a big difference between 8mb and 100mb.
    Two reasons I went with eircom were:
    1. There was a good deal on it. As it stands, I'm now paying more per month for less speed.
    2. I had planned on getting e-vision added in the near future.
    Had I known that I wouldn't be able to get e-fiber, I would have looked at other options and providers. I'm not long off the phone to customer support, where I was cut off for a finish, why I'm not sure.
    To date, I've had massive problems getting connected and mix ups with engineers and exchanges. 
    I would like to know the exact reason why I don't have e-fiber, what I have to do or what has to be done to get me onto it, and why everyone else around me has it and I don't.
    The cabinet that  I'm connected to is quite close to me, as is the exchange.
    Thanks
    Hi tacklemore

I'm sorry to hear of the difficulties obtaining clarification on this, please do feel free to PM me your eircom account number and I'll look in to this further for you.

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭tacklemore

Thanks Al. I've sent you a PM

Thank you tacklemore

I'll need to request clarification from efibre operations but as soon as they get back to me I'll get back to you right away.

Thanks
    Al

Thank you tacklemore

I'll need to request clarification from efibre operations but as soon as they get back to me I'll get back to you right away.

Thanks
    Al
    Thanks for that.

Thank you tacklemore

Thanks
    Al
    Thanks for that.
    No worries tacklemore

Just to note - it will most likely be Monday before I have any further information

Thanks
    Al

• Advertisement

No worries tacklemore

Just to note - it will most likely be Monday before I have any further information

Thanks
    Al

Thats fine. No problem at all.
    Talk Monday.

No worries tacklemore

Thanks
    Al

Hi Alan,

Any update on my query?

Thanks

Advertisement