Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

J1 in Canada?

Options
  • 04-12-2014 10:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Myself and my mates are planning on a J1 this Summer. There's going to be quite a lot of us, atleast over 10 lads and then however many of the girls also, which I think is too many to people to do a J1 with due to the fact that you want to meet new people etc etc.
    It seems like Vancouver is going to be the destination, has anyone done one there, if so how was it? In terms of getting jobs, etc. Also any tips/advice? Is that too many people to do a J1 with?

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

A J1 refers to a visa issued by the United States. There is no such thing in Canada. The only option you have is to apply for a 2 year Working Holiday Visa. Once you've been issued the visa, it becomes active from the date you enter Canada, so it's a total waste to only use it for 3 of 24 months.

Advertisement