Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Is 4k a good price for this car?

• 04-12-2014 10:46pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 22

Is 4k a good price for this car?

2006 Toyota Avensis, Black
    150,000km
    Manual
    Has toebar
    Some slight body damage

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,478 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Elaborate on the body damage?

Doesn't sound like a bargain so far

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭YbFocus

Petrol or diesel?
    What's the damage exactly?
    Has it got any services due soon?
    Nct?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Simonigs1.0

There are decent looking examples on donedeal for that and less.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 22 Have a nice day

Petrol.

Damaged bumpers. Cracks and scrapes.

Taxed, not sure about NCT but I expect so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 Haxelrm

run away not good deal

Does a tow bar reduce the value?

Would 3k be a good offer?

Does the damage bother you? are you under pressure to get this particular car?

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Does the damage bother you? are you under pressure to get this particular car?

Not really on both accounts.

• Advertisement

My thoughts on it would be, I'd sooner have a really well minded 04 than a ratty 06.
    €4000 is far too much by the sounds of it.

If you're serious about the car, then nct, condition of tyres, service history are important.
    Not all cars with cosmetic damage are neglected, but mostly they go hand in hand

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭dav32cs

Far too much. There's loads of them around in decent condition for under the 3k mark and you could try knock a bit off them if you get the right seller to bargain with. From your description I'd say anyone who pays more than 2k for it would be mad but hard to say how mad without knowing the full extent of the damage. Plus if you're looking to keep the car long term,even for say 2 years, I'd expect a large depreciation on it with petrol,pre 08 tax etc

Thanks all, appreciate it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,297 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Car sounds like it's had a hard life. Plenty of these cars out there for sale so you can afford to be a bit fussy and patient.

bazz26 wrote: »
    Car sounds like it's had a hard life. Plenty of these cars out there for sale so you can afford to be a bit fussy and patient.

If the damage is on the back bumper at the edges, it could just be a case of whoever was towing with it, reverse-turning and not being diligent enough.

That said, a tow bar always turns me off a car (it wouldn't be make or break, but it isn't an attractive quality in a car, to me, personally). Also, any damage would wreck my head until I got it fixed (so best avoided in the first place).

That's just me though. Didn't realise the Avensis fetched so much in the first place to be honest, though.

Advertisement