Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Emobile and phone repair

Options
  • 04-12-2014 11:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭

I am hoping that a eircom/emobile representative can help me. 

I bought a Samsung S4 last November on a 24 month contract with emobile. The phone was delivered on 26/11/2013. 

The phone had been acting up since September. However, I need my mobile for work both in terms of making calls and for my data and I was reluctant to hand it in for repair. The phone is often unresponsive. It can take up to 10 minutes to send a message. Turning it off is often the only way to get it working. There is a lag in pressing the screen and the text appearing and the phone turns itself off when it still has battery life. 

I finally handed it in on the 24th of November as I was aware the one year mark was approaching. However, an emobile employee has informed me it has a two year warranty. 

I was notified yesterday that the phone had been fixed and I collected it. The member of staff who I had been dealing with was very helpful and he advised that it was a software issue. The phone was working perfectly last night. However, after using it briefly today I went to check my messages and it had turned itself off again. This time when I went to power it up the screen saying "Samsung Galaxy" would come on and then it would turn off again. This had never happened before.

I returned to the shop again today and the guy I was dealing asked if I could leave it for 5 or 10 minutes to see if it would power up. This was fine by me and I left it although I don't think this is an appropriate solution given that one would not always have access to a charger and it is not a reliable method of "fixing" the phone. 

I returned later and dealt with a very unhelpful lady who told me that the phone appeared to be working fine now as if I should be happy with this. This is not acceptable. The phone had only been returned from repair less than 24 hours prior to this and it should of course have been working fine. She said the only option was to return it for repair again and that shop staff could offer me no other alternative. Again, I do not think this is acceptable however I agreed as her attitude was not very helpful. I am once again without my phone having being without it for 9 days already. 

I am paying for a service which I cannot use as the phone I am using as a replacement does not have internet. I have also been without a phone for the entire day as I have misplaced by SIM card converter. As someone who travels a lot for work this is very inconvenient. I am also paying as part of my contract for a phone which I do not have. 

When I handed in my phone I just wanted it repaired. However, now that it has been returned to me and there are still issues I am not satisfied with this. Who is to say that it when it is returned to me again that the same issue will not re-occur. The phone is obviously faulty and I believe I am within my rights at this stage to request a replacement. 

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Daisy03 wrote: »
    I am hoping that a eircom/emobile representative can help me. 

I bought a Samsung S4 last November on a 24 month contract with emobile. The phone was delivered on 26/11/2013. 

The phone had been acting up since September. However, I need my mobile for work both in terms of making calls and for my data and I was reluctant to hand it in for repair. The phone is often unresponsive. It can take up to 10 minutes to send a message. Turning it off is often the only way to get it working. There is a lag in pressing the screen and the text appearing and the phone turns itself off when it still has battery life. 

I finally handed it in on the 24th of November as I was aware the one year mark was approaching. However, an emobile employee has informed me it has a two year warranty. 

I was notified yesterday that the phone had been fixed and I collected it. The member of staff who I had been dealing with was very helpful and he advised that it was a software issue. The phone was working perfectly last night. However, after using it briefly today I went to check my messages and it had turned itself off again. This time when I went to power it up the screen saying "Samsung Galaxy" would come on and then it would turn off again. This had never happened before.

I returned to the shop again today and the guy I was dealing asked if I could leave it for 5 or 10 minutes to see if it would power up. This was fine by me and I left it although I don't think this is an appropriate solution given that one would not always have access to a charger and it is not a reliable method of "fixing" the phone. 

I returned later and dealt with a very unhelpful lady who told me that the phone appeared to be working fine now as if I should be happy with this. This is not acceptable. The phone had only been returned from repair less than 24 hours prior to this and it should of course have been working fine. She said the only option was to return it for repair again and that shop staff could offer me no other alternative. Again, I do not think this is acceptable however I agreed as her attitude was not very helpful. I am once again without my phone having being without it for 9 days already. 

I am paying for a service which I cannot use as the phone I am using as a replacement does not have internet. I have also been without a phone for the entire day as I have misplaced by SIM card converter. As someone who travels a lot for work this is very inconvenient. I am also paying as part of my contract for a phone which I do not have. 

When I handed in my phone I just wanted it repaired. However, now that it has been returned to me and there are still issues I am not satisfied with this. Who is to say that it when it is returned to me again that the same issue will not re-occur. The phone is obviously faulty and I believe I am within my rights at this stage to request a replacement. 
    Hi there Daisy03

Thank you so much for getting in touch with me here.

Apologies for the delay in responding.  I would like to do the best to get this sorted for you as soon as possible. If you can send me a private message with the following information, I will get onto that.

Can you please send me the following....

1. Number
    2. Pin
    3. What store you were dealing with (with names if possible)?
    4. Is this the same issue as the first time you handed it in?
    5. When it turned off, was the phone battery fully charged?
    6. When you turned on the phone, how much battery life was on this?
    7. When you turned on the phone, could it turn on by itself without the charger?

Once I have all this, I will do as much as I can for you from here.

-Al

Advertisement