Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Large Map of the world

Options
  • 04-12-2014 11:26pm
    Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,223 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi guys,

Looking to pick up a large map of the world to hang up on the wall.

Anyone know whereabouts in the city centre I could pick one up?

Cheers.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

How big?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Got one in Easons years ago for the kids.

L1.8m x H1m

Wasnt expensive either.

Probably try them again! Cant think of anywhere else doing one that size off hand.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,223 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

jimmii wrote: »
    How big?
    Large is a rather ambiguous term isn't it :p

Looking online, about 1360mm x 840mm would be the ballpark, but I'm not set on that. It's a present and want to get a decent look at it before deciding.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

Large is a rather ambiguous term isn't it :p

Looking online, about 1360mm x 840mm would be the ballpark, but I'm not set on that. It's a present and want to get a decent look at it before deciding.

That might even qualify as huge! Might be tricky finding a nice one easons might have a basic laminated roll up one.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Good shout bit of a push calling that city centre though!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,213 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Easons would be my guess. In the school books part or possibly the children's section.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

Good shout bit of a push calling that city centre though!

Its literally 30 mins max on the bus. I

hfallada wrote: »
    Its literally 30 mins max on the bus. I

OP was looking for city centre IKEA is about an hour and a half round trip on average and definitely not half hour max I get the 140 and sometimes its half an hour to glasnevin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

OP was looking for city centre IKEA is about an hour and a half round trip on average and definitely not half hour max I get the 140 and sometimes its half an hour to glasnevin.

Probably wouldn't get it on the bus anyway.

dan1895 wrote: »
    Probably wouldn't get it on the bus anyway.

Sure you see people bringing massive stuff back on the bus no idea how they do it some times!! I would imagine it wouldn't be too big in a tube might be a bit tricky framed though!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭VandC

have you considered online shopping? unless you need it straight away....

I'm not able to post links yet,just remove the spaces

www. allposters . ie/gallery.asp?aid= 479482692&c=c&search=56386&DestType=12&VTP=Start&NetWorkType=g&PAdCopyId=5011300862 &ClickPos=1t1&VTP=End&KWID=262262937&gclid=CjwKEAiA74&KWID=262262937&gclid=CjwKEAiA74 qkBRCdrM-6or7U73QSJABCDL9pcWwjkQa4mzPAB2LXFEARxy9qus6JcmSRWtQk4ciBIhoC_PTw_wcB

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

Sure you see people bringing massive stuff back on the bus no idea how they do it some times!! I would imagine it wouldn't be too big in a tube might be a bit tricky framed though!!

Comes in a long narrow box nearly two meters long. Very tricky and inconsiderate of other passengers. Not that anyone is actually going to do that.

dan1895 wrote: »
    Comes in a long narrow box nearly two meters long. Very tricky and inconsiderate of other passengers. Not that anyone is actually going to do that.

That does sound like fun to take on a bus!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,571 ✭✭✭newmug

Typical Dub! Its so close you could walk it if you really had to. Is there no way, in your wildest imagination, you could organise someone to help you if you really hadn't the hour and a half to spare?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭Mesrine65

newmug wrote: »
    Typical Dub!
    Hater :mad: :p

Advertisement