Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Robbie Keane wins MLS 2014 MVP Award

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

That New England coach looks a bit like Keane.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,302 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Mars Bar wrote: »
    He has scored what is likely to be the winner in the MLS Cup in "overtime"!

Good time to score, he will be on time and a half for that one.

Ah jesus, get Donovan a box to stand on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

That New England coach looks a bit like Keane.

To be honest I thought it was him for a few seconds.

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭Chrissybhoy

There's a show on sky sports every Friday called fantasy football. They invite a guest each week to pick the best 11 players they played with anyone that played with Robbie Keane had him in their team. Think that says it all.

Think that says it all.
    Yeah, hes played in a load of **** teams. :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭Absoluvely

Keane has also scored the most international goals (65) of all current international players.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_footballers_with_50_or_more_international_goals

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

The best striker to ever come out of this island.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭galwaylad14

A class act. The league isn't top quality but it's not bad all the same and he's absolutley tearing it up out there.

There's a few Premiership clubs down the wrong end of the table that could do worse than take a chance on him on a short term loan deal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,999 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Gringo180 wrote: »
    The best striker to ever come out of this island.

Their will never be a better striker come out of here what he has done for Ireland will never be matched.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭population

Well done Robbie. I suppose my only disappointment is that he went there too early in his career. It is not like say Del Piero who waited till he was practically 40 before he went to play in an easier league. I do think if he had stayed on in England for a couple of years more or even taken a chance in Spain or Italy, we would have had a sharper Robbie Keane leading the line for Ireland. That is not to denigrate his scoring record but he has looked like a player with a lack of top flight football over the last few years when one assesses his 90 minutes in a green shirt. Will always be an Irish legend and I understand it was his choice to make, but I felt at the time he had more to offer the very best leagues.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭digzy

He never seems to get the accolades from the media deserves. I honestly think he's the greatest irish player. He must look after himself pretty well. Deserves everything he's been awarded. If he'd a plummy or a Culchie accent he'd be a media darling.

I say that as a Culchie!

• Just saw his winner on rte news, fair play to Robbie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

Congrats Robbie Keane :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement