Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

O'tooles/supervalu car park

Options
  • 05-12-2014 12:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭

Whats the story ? New road open this eve

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31,889 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

It's open? Jaysus! Those boys work fast.

They're "reinstating" the old road.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭red bull

I thought the road had to be reinstated as old road was ? whats open this eve just connects halfway down the new road. By the way some brilliant stonework has been done a big crew from stonecon

The new road across the back is staying. From what I can gather by walking past it they are just putting it back as it was up to the new road.

Yeah the stonework is fantastic.

10425103_799124346815969_7677831352071162791_n.jpg?oh=fac887790d1cc029fe2f52488e5c325f&oe=551325D3&__gda__=1427577573_fd56c5a8e4fb5de25377d64a80afff25

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭bagels

Crossroads aren't allowable anymore, all junctions must be offset, therefore the reinstated route can't link up directly with the bridge to form a crossroads. A pedestrian route will continue along the old route and will be directly opposite the bridge. It'll comprise of a little peaceful oasis as a replacement, more or less, for the green area with the bench that was removed from beside the river. Kind of the best of both worlds.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Trying to find a parking space is a pain in the hole though.

ScumLord wrote: »
    Trying to find a parking space is a pain in the hole though.

I've told my mother to go back to delivery or we go later at night. Absolute arse getting a parking space. You'll get one by Garvey's mill if you're lucky on a good day.

I'm so glad that the bend at the Gaelscoil is closed up now. I wanted to key every car that parked there illegally and essentially made it a one lane road.

Advertisement