Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Feckin Crows!!

Options
  • 05-12-2014 3:05am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 879 ✭✭✭

Went out for a bit of practice the other day, doing a bit of distance control with a 7 iron. I hit up a few balls and next thing a big feckin grey crow lands, strolls over to one of my pro v1s picks it up and flies off. I roared and shouted to no avail.
    With all my roaring and balling I didn't think he'd be back, but 2 minutes later (I swear t'was the same crow) he came back and took another. I had enough and packed up.

I went out again yesterday playing the course practice on my own. Hit my second shot on the par 5 into a water hazzard (More like a little drain with a stream) that was grand played another and lost it out right; And while casually walking down to the point of entry, theres me man on the red stake (he said hi t'is me again).
    He hops down to the edge of the stream and picks the ball and flies off. I was raging but I had another ball to look for plus it was only a topflite. Found a nike in the water further down so I dropped it and took the 52 rotex out and landed it no more than couple of feet from the pin, happy days.
    I had a quick look for the second ball I lost but no such luck so I dragged the cart over the bridge to the front of the green.
    Wheres the feckin ball???
    It was gone no where to be seen!

Whats going on... Is this normal this time of the year?

I bought a 3 pack of yellow balls hopefully this will attract less attention. I might even put purple spots on them so they look poisonous.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭gman127

My back yard has been cleared of balls thanks to crows!

They do seem to go in order of quality first though:
    • The Pro V was the first to go
    • Then went the maxfli / top flites
    • Finally cleared out the old range balls
    So, if the're hassling you on the course your going to have to drive a pro v or similar in a different direction and continue to play the hole out with a lower quality ball!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭mike12

Went out for a bit of practice the other day, doing a bit of distance control with a 7 iron. I hit up a few balls and next thing a big feckin grey crow lands, strolls over to one of my pro v1s picks it up and flies off. I roared and shouted to no avail.
    With all my roaring and balling I didn't think he'd be back, but 2 minutes later (I swear t'was the same crow) he came back and took another. I had enough and packed up.

I went out again yesterday playing the course practice on my own. Hit my second shot on the par 5 into a water hazzard (More like a little drain with a stream) that was grand played another and lost it out right; And while casually walking down to the point of entry, theres me man on the red stake (he said hi t'is me again).
    He hops down to the edge of the stream and picks the ball and flies off. I was raging but I had another ball to look for plus it was only a topflite. Found a nike in the water further down so I dropped it and took the 52 rotex out and landed it no more than couple of feet from the pin, happy days.
    I had a quick look for the second ball I lost but no such luck so I dragged the cart over the bridge to the front of the green.
    Wheres the feckin ball???
    It was gone no where to be seen!

Whats going on... Is this normal this time of the year?

I bought a 3 pack of yellow balls hopefully this will attract less attention. I might even put purple spots on them so they look poisonous.

You need to get your range finder out and follow him he must have 100's of balls stores some where.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Kevinmarkham

FFS! It's Kruger National Park. Poor croc out there minding its own business when someone sticks a nice juicy bit of live meat in the water... what's the croc supposed to do. And he ends up being killed for it.
    Another entry for the Darwin awards.

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭Freemount09

gman127 wrote: »
    My back yard has been cleared of balls thanks to crows!

They do seem to go in order of quality first though:
    • The Pro V was the first to go
    • Then went the maxfli / top flites
    • Finally cleared out the old range balls
    So, if the're hassling you on the course your going to have to drive a pro v or similar in a different direction and continue to play the hole out with a lower quality ball!!

So you're the culprit taking the balls from the range ! :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

I'd pay a visit to the airsoft forum. You can then brag about shooting 10 birdies during your last round.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Montgolfier

Senna wrote: »
    I'd pay a visit to the airsoft forum. You can then brag about shooting 10 birdies during your last round.

I did think about putting a shotgun in the bag but I'd have to drop the wedge, 14 clubs and all

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Dealerz

Did he try sell the golf balls back to you in the car park?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭stockdam

Thanks for posting as it confirms that the crow I have been training takes balls as expected. However he must be dropping them somewhere as he hasn't brought them back to me. Maybe I'll have to tie a bag around him so he can drop the balls into that and bring them home.

Advertisement