Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Postgrad options after DIT Degree

Options
  • 05-12-2014 3:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭

Is it possible to do a Master's in Trinity or UCD after doing a degree in DIT or would it not be considered as it is not a university degree, does anyone know?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

What matters is the FETAC level. You must have a level 8 (Honours degree) to apply for a level 9 (Masters). Where you got your level 8 is largely irrelevant.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Dude240502

Would it be more difficult if your undergrad degree was from DIT than a university, did anyone ever do it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭CrabRevolution

I havent done it myself, but in my area (physics) I know of several people who did a masters in Trinity/NUIG after getting their Level 8 degree in DIT.

Did anyone who did it find it difficult, I'd appreciate any replies from anyone who did it?

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭jrmb

Dude240502 wrote: »
    Did anyone who did it find it difficult, I'd appreciate any replies from anyone who did it?
    Universities and ITs issue equal qualifications. What counts is the HETAC accreditation, which universities, the DIT and the regional ITs all have.

• Advertisement

Does the prestige of the name of the college not count for anything, a degree from Trinity must look better when applying than a degree from a small IT, is it not any more difficult if applying with a degree from DIT than UCD or Trinity?

Did anyone else ever do it or know anyone who did, I'd appreciate to hear other's opinions?

Dude240502 wrote: »
    Does the prestige of the name of the college not count for anything, a degree from Trinity must look better when applying than a degree from a small IT, is it not any more difficult if applying with a degree from DIT than UCD or Trinity?

Can anyone answer this question for me?

Advertisement