Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Phone

Options
  • 05-12-2014 7:15am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭

Hi quick question i have a Lumia 630 with O2 but want to ditch the Windows OS. If i had buy a Moto G sim free can i just put the old sim in my new phone and carry on? I know the Nokia is locked to O2 cause i haven't topped up a certain amount. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭bryaner

You can indeed once they are the same sim type, i.e standard, micro.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭Oasis1974

bryaner wrote: »
    You can indeed once they are the same sim type, i.e standard, micro.

Thanks buddy another question the mother has an old brick phone with O2 would i be able to give her my old Lumia like move her sim to it. Its got a bigger sim card going back years but you can cut those down no? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 16,670 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Oasis1974 wrote: »
    Thanks buddy another question the mother has an old brick phone with O2 would i be able to give her my old Lumia like move her sim to it. Its got a bigger sim card going back years but you can cut those down no? Thanks
    You don't even need to cut them down. Tell your mother to bring the SIM into a phone shop and they can transfer the her number to the smaller SIM.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭Oasis1974

You don't even need to cut them down. Tell your mother to bring the SIM into a phone shop and they can transfer the her number to the smaller SIM.

Your a gentleman Thank you.

Advertisement