Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Where did you meet your gf/partner/oh etc

2»

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,996 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Loughc wrote: »
    Was working in a remote part of Canada where all there was to do in the evening was go to the on site gym and spend the evening on the Internet.

Was checking out some random weight loss vlogs I randomly clicked on one and it was a a vlog belong to a complete cutie. Noticed she had an irish accent and a link to her boards thread in the comments.

As I was returning back to Ireland i said I'd send her a message on boards. Starting messaging back and forward and we arranged to meet up. 3 years later we're still together :)

So thank you boards.

I should update I met my fiancée through boards now, as I proposed to her on the weekend and she said yes! So double thank you boards!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Congrats Loughc!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭johndaman66

eve38 wrote: »
    I am on 2 dating websites but find them a disaster.. any suggestions gentlemen..

I live between Louth and Meath so my question is where do I go to meet nice men with the hopes of finding a partner? It seem a impossibility but the ex was quick enough to move on! Suggestions please!

johndaman66 - see mod post above on this page please regarding responding to this post

PM sent

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭BO-JANGLES

At a bus stop in Hearts corner Dublin. happily Married 17 years now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭Mesrine65

Met my OH when she was doing a tandem jump for charity.

I was the jump coach taking her on her first jump :D

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Cheese Wagstaff

Mesrine65 wrote: »

Looks like you were both willing to...

*takes off sunglasses*

...take the plunge.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,996 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Mesrine65 wrote: »

So technically you can always say the first time you met your OH you took her from behind... :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,606 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

D'Agger wrote: »
    *Mod Note*

eve38 - not looking to make you feel unwelcome here but this thread is for discussion of where people met partners, rather than where to meet partners.

To that end I'd ask other posters here not to respond as online dating discussion goes against the charter of this forum. With that said, I have put some links below and I feel you may find topics of conversation more in line with what you're looking for here:

Personal Issues
    Relationship Issues
    Online Dating group - for this you can contact one or all of the moderators of the group to look for access: knucklehead6, miamee, and Coleman Slawski - if you search for their usernames on this site you'll see them in the results.

If you have any queries, feel free to PM for clarification.

Coleman Slawski is going by Business Cat these days.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Coleman Slawski is going by Business Cat these days.

He ain't a mod of that forum anymore.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Met early February on a cold, snow-swept Saturday morning in the wilds of Coventry when I travelled over for an airsoft event thingy. I loaned her the use of my fleece gloves and she shot me in the @rse. The rest is history as they say :D

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,336 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

On Boards, been married over two years now. God bless BGRH. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10 eve38

Lovely stories folks... give me hope :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

Met the current girl I'm seeing at a nightclub of all places! I just decided to go out for the craic, was bored at home. She didn't want to go but her friend convinced her to go. A friend of mine was with his brother (who is her friends' OH) and we got chatting and hit it off. Exchanged numbers, been seeing each other since!

It's going quite well, been about a month now and we are getting on great! It's nice!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭JPF82

Met on holiday in Ibiza in June 2009. Going back to get married there in June 2016.

I wouldn't have even been on that holiday only for running into a friend randomly a few weeks before they went and I decided to go on the spot. The rest is history.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭Photo-Sniper

Was in college one morning and a girl came upto me and asked me could she borrow a lighter for her cigarette.

Fast forward a few years and me and that same girl have moved abroad and plan to get married.

Mad world.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Boards Athletics/Running beers after the Frank Duffy 10 Mile in August 2010. We were just friends for 16 months before getting together, I moved to London a year and a half ago to move in with him and we're getting married in May. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

In my teenage years I joined the fan forum of a band I was obsessed with. They announced a Dublin show. Bunch of us were going solo to the gig so agreed to queue up together. One of the girls couldn't make it in to later so I told her I would hold a spot for her. I did. We ended up spending the whole concert together and began constantly texting each other. Last week we celebrated our 5 year anniversary! Celebrated that by going to a Slipknot concert. Shes a keeper

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,028 ✭✭✭H3llR4iser

It just dawned on me that both my significant exes were met in "non-standard" condition; One through online dating and one at a singles event. Quite interesting.

Advertisement