Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Please help with outdated Handset Rental Charge issue, thanks.

Options
  • 05-12-2014 11:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi All,

My parents haven't had Eircom service for at least 10 years now and are currently with Sky for b-band/phone services.
    Noticed on the bill a charge for 2.82 euro per month for a Handset Rental. Looking back through their older bills with Vodafone and others this charge has been going on for donkeys years - but they have owned their own phone/s during all this time!

Considering by now the phone has been paid for at least 10 times over is there any way to get this refunded, or at the very least stopped?

Any advice/help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Hi All,

My parents haven't had Eircom service for at least 10 years now and are currently with Sky for b-band/phone services.
    Noticed on the bill a charge for 2.82 euro per month for a Handset Rental. Looking back through their older bills with Vodafone and others this charge has been going on for donkeys years - but they have owned their own phone/s during all this time!

Considering by now the phone has been paid for at least 10 times over is there any way to get this refunded, or at the very least stopped?

Thank you.
    Hi bodbodbodbod

To have this charge removed you would need to contact your existing provider and they should arrange it's removal right away. Eircom will be unable to offer a refund for previous monthly bills as the charge advising the rental of the handset has appeared on each of the monthly bills.

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 3 bodbodbodbod

Hi All,

Thank you.
    Hi Al,

Thanks for the quick reply.

Existing provider says we need to send back the original handset to a D4 address. Tried to explain that we don't have the phone anymore but they reckon we can't get it (the handset rental charge) removed until we do, as it's not for them to be able to remove the charge. They then suggested just buying a cheap one and sending that in to this place in D4. Seems a bit crap that after all these years of paying for the rental that we now have to go out and buy another phone just to give away.

Any further advice or are we stuffed?

Cheers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭eezipc

My elderly mother has been paying the charge for years. She is still with Eircom but the phone has been changed many times since and that payment is obscene. I have requested a few times for it to be removed but I am told my father has to ring Eircom to get it removed. However, my father has died a while back.
    It's crazy that Eircom are still allowed to charge this.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 bodbodbodbod

eezipc wrote: »
    My elderly mother has been paying the charge for years. She is still with Eircom but the phone has been changed many times since and that payment is obscene. I have requested a few times for it to be removed but I am told my father has to ring Eircom to get it removed. However, my father has died a while back.
    Mate that's freaking awful!! Typical heartless crap from these big companies.
    I called Sky again and the lad told me just get any old phone and send it to the D4 address. So I got one from the local recycle centre, posting it tomorrow. Hopefully that works. Let me know if you want a PM with the address and details.

Hi All,

Thank you.
    Hi Al,

Thanks for the quick reply.

Existing provider says we need to send back the original handset to a D4 address. Tried to explain that we don't have the phone anymore but they reckon we can't get it (the handset rental charge) removed until we do, as it's not for them to be able to remove the charge. They then suggested just buying a cheap one and sending that in to this place in D4. Seems a bit crap that after all these years of paying for the rental that we now have to go out and buy another phone just to give away.

Any further advice or are we stuffed?

Cheers.
    Hi bodbodbodbod

Ultimately eircom will be unable to advise in this situation as it is appearing on your current providers bill and there are restriction in place where eircom have no controll on this - however I do highly recommend contacting comreg to log a case on this, I'm sure they will be able to establish a positive outcome.

Thanks
    AL

• Advertisement

eezipc wrote: »
    Sorry to hear of this eezipc

Please PM me the account number and I will arrange its removal right away.

Thanks
    Al

Advertisement