Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DJI Phantom FC40 Quadcopter

Options
  • 05-12-2014 11:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭

Hi
    After doing much research (on something I don't know anything about), I have chosen this as a present. I just want to know if anyone has anything to say about them, good or bad. Is it a good choice? Its for a person who has never had one before, so I think he will enjoy it.
    I'm a bit concerned about all the reviews of fly-aways, its an expensive piece of kit to just lose!

Any feedback of any type would be much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭mrbig

mel123 wrote: »
    Hi
    After doing much research (on something I don't know anything about), I have chosen this as a present. I just want to know if anyone has anything to say about them, good or bad. Is it a good choice? Its for a person who has never had one before, so I think he will enjoy it.
    I'm a bit concerned about all the reviews of fly-aways, its an expensive piece of kit to just lose!

Any feedback of any type would be much appreciated.

Mel,

I would say an excellent choice, My wife has purchased the FC40 for me for Christmas based on research by my 10 yo son and some prompting from me.
    I have had two AR-Drones which flew away and crashed respectively.
    They are expensive and there is always a risk of loosing it.
    The FC40 has a return to home using GPS but it will only work if its setup properly and it does depend on conditions, i.e. if it flys into a tree or tall structure on the way back, although I think it flys at 30M on return failsafe.
    I would think the FC40 is the best value for money as it is superior to the like of ARdrone with build in GPS and can fly higher and further.
    Its less likely to fly away than the ARdrone also.
    The next option the Phantom 2 vision is double the price modest improvement in flight time, 10 min FC40 15 min Phantom2, Phantom 2 has 1080p camera.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭mel123

thank you for the reply, its very helpful. think I will bite the bullet and go for it

Advertisement