Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Digitiser!

Options
  • 05-12-2014 1:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭

Anybody else remember Digitiser, the old Channel4 Teletext videogame thing?

Back when I were a lad, I used to read it religiously every morning before school. In hindsight, it was absolutely mental stuff, amazing how it made it onto the airwaves at all.

vv.php?format=0&gal=Digitiser125&page=DT071197.TTX&offset=15360&height=24

Anyway, it turns out Mr. Biffo is now on Twitter, and has sort-of relaunched Digitiser as a blog: http://www.digitiser2000.com/

Is anyone else excited by that?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,352 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I remember it well. It had a great style about it, very happy go lucky and loads of fun. It was one of the best places to get gaming news and reviews and I checked it everyday and was very sad when it had to close down. They got some great writers in for the opinion pieces, Tony Mott from edge, Violet Berlin, Mr Biffo and then Stuart Campbell having his once a week rant.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,430 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Great to see it back, was a bit late to the party but always enjoyed it and Biffo's columns in Edge. The sort of colourful, idiosyncratic yet biting games writing that's still a rarity. Would happily throw a few euro their way when their crowd funding campaign comes to fruition.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

Mr Biffo was a screenwriter for East Enders and then left to write for games. The only one I know of that he's done was Future Tactics on the Gamecube (which I bought because it was him! Never played it)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,430 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

He also wrote a comedy pilot for BBC Three. It wasn't picked up, but watching this (absolutely brilliant) sketch you can see why :pac:

Advertisement