Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Street Fighter V: Despite all his ragé he's still just a rat in a Kage

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,721 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Combofiend highlights:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

For a friggin Day -100 tournament they were really busting out some cool stuff at that event.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

I doubt there's any chance of Abel being in the game, which makes me sad.

But Nash is looking pretty cool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 105 ✭✭shane9fingers

I think Abel's style would be a perfect fit, cancelling and grabbing from the air, and all his normal map scars. Might not be any place for his little doggy though :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

ed_james wrote: »
    I think Abel's style would be a perfect fit, cancelling and grabbing from the air, and all his normal map scars. Might not be any place for his little doggy though :(

Having a character for players that cant hit confirm would be a treat indeed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

Half the SF4 cast likely wont make it, and good, half the SF4 cast are retards (fuerte, viper, abel, seth, rolento etc) Real chars only plz

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭Merces

My choice of sixteen characters I want to see in the roster: Ryu, Ken, Akuma, Nash, Birdie, Cammy, M. Bison, Chun Li, Dudley, Alex, Honda, Gen, Makoto, Guy, Oro and Sagat. Them and eight new characters. I really hope characters don't have to share stages also.

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

I wouldn't lose sleep if the new characters from 4 never showed up in any Street Fighter game again....ever. Also Yun and speaking on behalf of Hound, Ibuki.

Have a feeling Juri might show up. She's probably the most tolerable of the new characters.

Azza wrote: »
    I wouldn't lose sleep if the new characters from 4 never showed up in any Street Fighter game again....ever. Also Yun and speaking on behalf of Hound, Ibuki.

Have a feeling Juri might show up. She's probably the most tolerable of the new characters.

Ye twins are nonsense, Ibuki too.

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

Yang's somewhat more bearable than Yun.

• Advertisement

Ramza wrote: »
    Half the SF4 cast likely wont make it, and good, half the SF4 cast are retards (fuerte, viper, abel, seth, rolento etc) Real chars only plz

Ramza pls

Take a shower

To wash off all that SALT

maxresdefault.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 800 ✭✭✭The Hound

Merces wrote: »
    My choice of sixteen characters I want to see in the roster: Ryu, Ken, Akuma, Nash, Birdie, Cammy, M. Bison, Chun Li, Dudley, Alex, Honda, Gen, Makoto, Guy, Oro and Sagat. Them and eight new characters. I really hope characters don't have to share stages also.
    :mad::mad::mad: Go suck a lemon

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

... I'm starting to think Guile might show up at this point. Charlie's been so changed from what he was, and we have him, Bipson, and Chun... it's like the gang's all there, except for Bill.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭Rob2D

Some people were talking about a supposed "leak" of:

Ryu
    Charlie
    Birdie
    Cammy
    Chun Li

+

Alex
    Urien
    Juri
    Ken
    Dhalsim
    Karin
    Zangief
    R.Mika

You could probably add Oro and Akuma to that. Oro because of the figures being made and I remember Ono tweeting before that Akuma has to show up in every game. Ken and Juri are dead certs I'd say.

Of course that list is more than likely bogus :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭airmax87

I kind of want Ingrid in to see peoples reaction to her

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

Why is he now fat and breathing fire?

birdie-altcolor-stance.gif

He turned Red for his Supers in Alpha IIRC. Him being fat is not unrealistic. He's not a Martial Artist, Soldier, Cop or anything that requires him to constantly in peak physical condition. He's a big bar brawler.

I would love to see more SF1 characters make a comeback. Most of the SF2 characters have had their day and or storylines resolved by now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Rob2D wrote: »
    Some people were talking about a supposed "leak" of:

Ryu
    Charlie
    Birdie
    Cammy
    Chun Li

+

Alex
    Urien
    Juri
    Ken
    Dhalsim
    Karin
    Zangief
    R.Mika

You could probably add Oro and Akuma to that. Oro because of the figures being made and I remember Ono tweeting before that Akuma has to show up in every game. Ken and Juri are dead certs I'd say.

Of course that list is more than likely bogus :pac:

List is poo

Akuma should make it, he's been in every game since his first appearance afaik? Same story with Ken, deffo a cert

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

Ramza wrote: »
    Akuma should make it, he's been in every game since his first appearance afaik? Same story with Ken, deffo a cert

**** these characters

When is Shin Sagat!?

Nutrient wrote: »
    **** these characters

When is Shin Sagat!?

Never, Sagat's balls have officially been removed gg capcom

• Advertisement

From eventscrubs:
    With its heavy dosage of tight links, Street Fighter 4 has some of the longest, and most difficult combos in franchise history. Developers for SF5 are trying to veer away from longer, more technical combos, and make the game more about outwitting your opponent in the neutral.

I see SF4 has begun the transition from "easy mode new game only scrubs play" to "old game that only legends can handle, why don't Capcom make them like that any more."

I can't wait for the "Super EX ultra hyper SF5 lol" jokes and the "screw Capcom for rebalancing/ adding new characters" posts.

Yeah, but... we'll play it anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭airmax87

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Yeah, but... we'll play it anyway.

We dont have a choice :)

Street Fighter 4 has some of the longest, and most difficult combos in franchise history

d2Q0E.jpg

But on that note, it's how everything comes full circle. Personally not the biggest fan of 4 but I still enjoy playing, my opinion of the game hasn't changed since day 1 so I don't see why it would need to change in hindsight when SF5 is out.

They're the longest if you include the 10 second Ultra animations! :pac:

It's just hit me this is SF4's last Evo.

Good night, sweet prince.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,021 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

It'll almost certainly still be there next year, but SFV will be the main game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Macal

I'd say that'll depend on whether Sony/Capcom will continue funding CPT for USFIV. But then again if there are two Smash this year games there as main games, all the game needs is a strong turnout to keep going from 2015 onwards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 96 ✭✭EmSixTeen

Ultra will stay a lot stronger than Marvel though, ye not think?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Remember when SFxT was gonna replace SF4? Good times.

Advertisement