Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Street Fighter V: Despite all his ragé he's still just a rat in a Kage

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Misty Chaos

The Street Fighter 2 themes are probably some of the most well known songs in the history of video games. One has a massive meme that spun out of it.

Capcom would be insane not to include them, they're a memorable part of a valuable IP.

Fair point, I should have been clearer in that it was understandable from a business point of view and the remixes themselves are are actually quite good - I was more of the stand point that given the risks Capcom are taking with some of the character redesigns ( especially Ken ) I just felt they could taken the risk with the actual character themes as well.

Also, people seem to forget Crumbling Laboratory from SF4 as well - The track is epic and suiting of a final boss level and SFxT for the crap it gets, had some good tracks as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

SFxT for the crap it gets, had some good tracks as well.

To be fair though most of the best music in SFxT was remixed from older music as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

I personally don't rate the soundtrack of 4. While it does have some great tunes here and there, overall I found it to be very mediocre. Nothing comes close to CVS2/Alpha/SF3 soundtracks, those games had amazing ones. SF2 is a given of course. Honorable mentions to Marvel 2 and the EX series for having sick music too.

As far as SF5 goes with remixing SF2 music, I have no gripe with it. SF2 music is great. Charlie's Alpha 2 remix theme sounded great from what I heard. So far the stage themes of SF5 are quite good. I hope they bring back Jazzy NYC for Ken stage.

Ramza wrote: »
    I hope they bring back Jazzy NYC for Ken Alex stage.

Fixed that for you. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 531 ✭✭✭BanjoB

So hype for this!!. It's been too long since I've picked up a stick for usf4.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭airmax87

If they did themes like this that weren't remixes but you know who it was for straight away, that would be cool for SFV.

(ex series and 2i have the best ost's)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

For those who missed all the SF5 panel stuff:
    https://imgur.com/a/X4oHJ

Basic jist of new stuff:
    There will be no separate release of Super SF5. It'll be handled like Killer Instinct where you buy the core game with 16 and then new characters and balance will be applied to that forever.
    Balance and gameplay additions will be free.
    Characters will be released singularly periodically instead of in batches.
    Characters can be bought using free ingame currency (Fight Money) which you earn via play over time, or you can buy premium currency (Zenny) with real money.
    No word on how much any of this unlocking will cost. They'll be using the betas to help balance the economy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

Here's the video of the EVO Panel

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Moveset looks really cool, not a fan of the wacky hair at all but I'd take him over the likes of Blanka any day.

Someone at Capcom a Finn Balor fan perhaps?

Edit: Some context...

• Advertisement

Dive kick and command grab. Oh boy!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

sjnO02L.jpg

BRB, renaming thread

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭blag

For anyone who applied for the beta:

https://twitter.com/Envisager_/status/623841582484209664

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Doyler01

Game is looking great. Who do ya'll think you'll use?

For me its Ryu and Ken surprise surprise but hoping for some elf juri elena and guy I just think they're so fun.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,021 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Doyler01 wrote: »
    Game is looking great. Who do ya'll think you'll use?

For me its Ryu and Ken surprise surprise but hoping for some elf juri elena and guy I just think they're so fun.

Hound sheds a tear...

Seriously though, Juri could work quite well with FSE as her V-Trigger and her teleport parry as her V-Skill.

Be surprised if Capcom don't return to Ingrid at some point.

If you happen to not get a code for the EU beta (I signed up with 7 different accounts so I'll be gutted if I don't get in), there's a loophole via amazon.com to ensure you definitely get a code, albeit for the US beta. Pre-ordering on Amazon doesn't cost anything until the game is shipped/released, so it wont take money from your card/bank account. Once you get your code and install the beta just cancel the preorder. You'll likely need a US PSN for this but that takes ~5 mins to setup. Worked fine for me.

Matchmaking will be vs US players but the training mode should work fine (given you can cancel fight reqs. in training stage). It's a crappy option but as a last resort if you don't get chosen for the EU one there's always this I guess.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭Rob2D

Codes going out at 3pm tomorrow apparently.

Here's hoping.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭airmax87

Ramza wrote: »
    If you happen to not get a code for the EU beta (I signed up with 7 different accounts so I'll be gutted if I don't get in), there's a loophole via amazon.com to ensure you definitely get a code, albeit for the US beta. Pre-ordering on Amazon doesn't cost anything until the game is shipped/released, so it wont take money from your card/bank account. Once you get your code and install the beta just cancel the preorder. You'll likely need a US PSN for this but that takes ~5 mins to setup. Worked fine for me.

Matchmaking will be vs US players but the training mode should work fine (given you can cancel fight reqs. in training stage). It's a crappy option but as a last resort if you don't get chosen for the EU one there's always this I guess.

Is there local multiplayer?

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

Nope.

• Advertisement

Got my beta code from Amazon and set up a US PSN account in about 10 minutes. Beta downloaded on pS4 on my US account as a backup incase I don't get into the EU one but here's to hoping :o

I Cancelled the order there with no issues. Seems they only take payment when the item is released/shipped, so there's a loophole you can abuse. Can also redeem a free 14 day PS PLus trial on the new US PSN account by adding a credit card and removing it straight after. Lets you keep the 14 days. FU Sony + Amazon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

Why FU Sony and Amazon? FU for being a greedy git and signing up 7 times and ruining everyone else's chances.

Placebo wrote: »
    Why FU Sony and Amazon? FU for being a greedy git and signing up 7 times and ruining everyone else's chances.

TIL there's only 8 people in the world :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    BRB, renaming thread
    Cue everyone seeing the thread title then excitedly opening the thread to see the news of Sean being confirmed.

I use 'excited' very loosely.

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Currently accepting Necalli themed thread titles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,721 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Sairus wrote: »
    Cue everyone seeing the thread title then excitedly opening the thread to see the news of Sean being confirmed.

I use 'excited' very loosely.

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    Currently accepting Necalli themed thread titles.

"Street Fighter V: At least it wasn't Blanka"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Macal

correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Sean top tier in 2nd Impact?

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭blag

Got my beta code, from looking online it would seem basically anyone who applied is in. Can check here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭PPC

I got a PR mail from Capcom saying:
    Today, the lucky European fans who have obtained a place in the Street Fighter V beta, through signing up on the Street Fighter website, will be receiving their codes via email to their registered PSN accounts. These players will be amongst the first to try the latest title in the legendary fighting franchise when the beta goes live at 02:00 BST / 03:00 CET this Friday 24th July.

The online* beta will give players a chance to select a fighter and compete in versus matches with other players who are in the beta, allowing them to experience the latest features and developments in the game. The beta will begin with four immediately playable characters; Ryu, Chun Li, M. Bison and Nash, who stand poised and ready to fight. Birdie and Cammy will be added on Sunday 26th July, in order to test the new content delivery system. Players will fight against each other, resulting in either ultimate victory or crushing defeat.

The beta will be ending at around midnight on Wednesday 29th July across European territories so get those punches in quickly! The path to greatness begins here: RISE UP!

Advertisement