Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Street Fighter V: Despite all his ragé he's still just a rat in a Kage

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

PPC wrote: »

From the description:
    In case you were wondering, I was officially deemed unworthy of the BETA and after applying to take part, I didn't get a code to download it. I'm playing this at the house of hadoshrooms.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭Rob2D

It's OK you guys, a Tekken player managed to make it in :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Macal

Rob2D wrote: »

because only Tekken players deserve to play the beta.

Mwahaha.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 96 ✭✭EmSixTeen

That's a sick overlay! Really awesome. Not like I wanted to see any moves anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

They tested the US servers last night. I happened to stay up and try it out since I also have a US beta. No luck getting in. Capcom were updating the server status regularly and a LOT more people happened to get in but unfortunately I wasn't lucky enough. Oh well ;_;

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭J0hnick

Ramza wrote: »
    They tested the US servers last night. I happened to stay up and try it out since I also have a US beta. No luck getting in. Capcom were updating the server status regularly and a LOT more people happened to get in but unfortunately I wasn't lucky enough. Oh well ;_;

PSN can still Geo Block you even if your using a US PSN account and a US version of the Beta. Happened to me with the Uncharted 3 multiplayer beta on PS3.

Then again, if your successful, please let me know :)

Looks like capcom are retrying again now and last night's semi-success. If all goes well they will then proceed to test for EU. No beta time is being lost for this so I'm fine with Capcom working out whatever kinks they need to!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

Yo, check out this sick Chun-Li combo:

Managed to finally get in on my US beta account tonight for little over an hour before getting booted.

The game feels quite clunky and slow overall. The hitstop on block for notmals feels odd too. Damage is crazy high. Bison can do 60% and crazy stun for 2 bars in v trigger. His bnb also does great damage. He is slow and has mediocre pokes so maybe its fair?

Feels like neutral game is more rewarding. I played about 8 games online and it was pretty damn good. Birdie is the strongest character at the minute by a mile. His normals are insane, they control and cover so many angles. His damage is mad and his ability to control neutral with pokes and v skill variants is really op feeling. I have no doubts this will change but just my 2 cents.

Charlie is really fun, his zoning game is fantastic. His jab fireball is the fastest travelling projectile which takes a while to get used to as its pretty counter intuitive. They all behave differently. Fierce is the slowest travelling boom but has no recovery and slow startup. Jab has quick startup and quick recovery and Mp is a middle ground. His normals are again pretty mediocre but his zoning and combos are very good. Great damage and his v trigger and super are really versatile tools.

The stages and graphics all look great. New Zealand stage looks fantastic and overall I have great expectations for the game. The clunky feeling and overall slowness kind of surprised me but cant really judge this early. Also combos are super easy now. Like crazy easy. Anyway idk what else to say so gonna try to get back in again

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭J0hnick

Ramza wrote: »
    Managed to finally get in on my US beta account tonight for little over an hour before getting booted.

How long where you trying for ?, after hours of watching stuff on my iPad while pressing X on my PS4 pad, I finally got past the title screen all the way to training mode before getting booted immediately after the word "Fight" appeared on the training stage :-(. I just gave up in sheer frustration after that, what I wouldn't have given for an auto fire pad pacman.gif.

Admittedly, I was on a NAT 3 wifi connection, normally use Ethernet but was banished to the spare room for the night as the misses had to be up early the next day.

• Advertisement

J0hnick wrote: »
    How long where you trying for ?, after hours of watching stuff on my iPad while pressing X on my PS4 pad, I finally got past the title screen all the way to training mode before getting booted immediately after the word "Fight" appeared on the training stage :-(. I just gave up in sheer frustration after that, what I wouldn't have given for an auto fire pad pacman.gif.

Admittedly, I was on a NAT 3 wifi connection, normally use Ethernet but was banished to the spare room for the night as the misses had to be up early the next day.

I tried for about 30 mins. Capcom Unity was constantly being updated with server status/reports, and they were letting more people in. They reset it a few times to give people a fair chance to log in. I got in for about 20 mins first, then kicked. Then 20 mins again, then kicked. Then the third time I was in there for about 2 hours and played a good few games. Was great. Then they shut the server off and everyone got booted. It's down for today until they begin further maintenance, but hopefully they sort out kinks soon and begin fixing other regions too. This isn't taking away from the 5 days of beta time so I'm fine with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Birdie is totally fine.

(Yes I know this combo is mega impractical: (Stun half full, V-Trigger, full meter, counter st.HK).)

His damage surprised me when I used him for a few games online. His buttons are all fantastic, I struggled to find one that really seemed like it had little to no use. Amazing range and damage on his heavies Even his lights are fantastic. His st mp hitbox is amazing and can be OS buffered into MP bull head from crazy ranges. His chain move is also great at keeping people honest, as well as his HCB + K CMD grab for grabbing obvious fireballs. His V Skill is really versatile for a grappler, and coupled with his normals/specials, he has amazing tools a grappler really shouldn't have, which is why I feel like he's so strong. He also has the highest health and damage at the minute too, so there's that.

So this is going to be at VS Fighting 5 now. Ken will also be playable. Gonna be there.

Sick, huh? One of the first Irish lads to play SFV offline is a Tekken player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Beta was a complete and utter failure, can't believe Capcom dared to even try this. Totally unacceptable. SFV is gonna be the worst game ever, totally for casuals. Blah blah blah.

Twitter has some right mongs, doesn't it?

Is this getting an arcade release?

It has to, right?

Is this getting an arcade release?

It has to, right?

Nope, Capcom/Sony knows where the future for FGs lies...

Unlike SOME other companies... #whensT7already

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Vega announced, throwing roses around like he's tuxedo mask or something

WAT.

Really didn't think we'd see him this time around. Not in the vanilla line up anyway.

Well at least one of my mains makes it back in! :pac:

Character breakdown:

http://www.capcom-unity.com/combofiend/blog/2015/08/03/the-spanish-ninja-claws-his-way-into-street-fighter-v

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

WAT.

Really didn't think we'd see him this time around. Not in the vanilla line up anyway.

Well at least one of my mains makes it back in! :pac:

Once they announced Bison I was expecting the other Shadaloo bosses to show up.

• Advertisement

And he's a stance character!

It's like they made him just for me. Gay Wolverine is back people! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Misty Chaos

I wonder if he'll be bottom tier again? :P

I think I'm noticing a pattern with the choice of characters here. Every veteran character in the SFV so far has had some sort of involvement in the main storyline of Street Fighter, i.e some sort of ties to or beef with the Satsui No Hadou or Shadoloo. Characters who don't have any involvement in that (eg. Zangief, El Fuerte, Blanka) haven't been seen so far.

I wonder if he'll be bottom tier again? :P

If not then I'm sure they'll nerf him into the ground anyway.

So now he has a command grab AND projectiles?! Capcom going nuts this time around.

Claw looks great, like how they kept his signature moves intact while revamping him a little. Apparently once his mask comes off you cant pick it back up that round so that's interesting.

When's Sagat?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

I love all the little animation quirks he has now with all the dancing pirouettes. It really amps up his characterization.
    And agree with above: giving him a projectile and command grab is awesome and bonkers. I wonder if the grab is referring to his wall bounce grab he already has? Only letting him have that without the claw would be a fairly massive change.

Also, wow did this reveal come out of the blue. Of all the SF2 guys Vega was probably bottom 4 I expected to see again, at least in the opening lineup.

His air throw is back and apparently he is a MOTION character.

and apparently, Vega's not a charge character anymore...

EDIT:ROB 2D just beat me to it.

Maybe it'll be a mix. I mean the command grab has to be a motion so maybe that's where it's coming from.

It'd be really weird if he was full motion.

Matt trolling on the WSO stream. Wouldn't commit to saying if he's fully motion or not.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

What a weird projectile mechanic. I wonder if the rose is blocked, will he perform the move anyway, or will it behave like a normal one?

I'm really liking how Capcom are shaking up the characters. I'd love to see a variation on the traditional zoner at this point.

Advertisement