Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Street Fighter V: Despite all his ragé he's still just a rat in a Kage

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,021 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Vega looks sick.

Now to wait for Dhalsim with stretchy limbs only in V-trigger.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

I expect guile and Sagat to return

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭Rob2D

Nutrient wrote: »
    I expect guile and Sagat to return

As DLC I'd say. The few remaining spaces for returning characters had better be what the people are screaming for. Any more SFII characters and Capcom will have a riot on their hands.

I don't care either way. The characters that came back so far might as well be completely new from the way Capcom are changing it up. To echo what Doom said I'm loving it. People just need to sit back and enjoy it all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

Rob2D wrote: »
    His air throw is back and apparently he is a MOTION character.

I don't like this at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭blag

Any more SFII characters and Capcom will have a riot on their hands.

I don't care either way. The characters that came back so far might as well be completely new from the way Capcom are changing it up. To echo what Doom said I'm loving it. People just need to sit back and enjoy it all.

:pac::p

Anyway, Vega looks great and I'm glad to see him there in the vanilla line up and looking more like the pre-SFIV Vega , I'd love to see Balrog added next in a semi ST incarnation (v-skill can be tick throw grab loops, everyone loves that :pac:)

• Advertisement

blag wrote: »
    :pac::p

Yeah I know, FGC.

Ono needs to be more like Kamiya and just tell everyone to f**k off all the time.

Vega confirmed 100% motion.....

I don't know about this one. I'd keep him charge if it was up to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

Vega confirmed 100% motion.....

I don't know about this one. I'd keep him charge if it was up to me.

Why? Vega' special moves are terrible when just thrown out randomly, it's probably more of a choice of making his damage output better for eliminating charge in combos. I think it's great

Ramza wrote: »
    Why? Vega' special moves are terrible when just thrown out randomly, it's probably more of a choice of making his damage output better for eliminating charge in combos. I think it's great

Well he can't be the poke monster he always was before then. Shur he'd be unstoppable if he could just walk forward and combo from any stray hit he gets.

His damage output was low previously because he got damage from well placed buttons and smart space control. Sure he has some serious combos in 4 but they're tight links and consume a lot of meter accordingly.

The new form means he's essentially a new character which will be very strange for me and other Vega mains. Obviously we'd like to have what we know back, just improved rather than overhauled.

I'm still looking forward to him and as a Gen player hopefully the changes won't be too much of a shock. I just hope Capcom are sure they've made the right choice here. It'd be sad to see charge becoming a lost art.
    Ramza wrote: »
    Vega' special moves are terrible when just thrown out randomly

Ramza you big lunatic. Don't ever change :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

I'm starting to get a feeling there will be no pure charge characters or grapplers for "accessibility".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,721 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Why 360 when you can HCF?

Abel has shown Capcom the way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Macal

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Why 360 when you can HCF?

Abel has shown Capcom the way.

*Alex.

Macal wrote: »
    *Alex.

Alex SA1 is a 360 Super.

Also he has charge specials.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Nah I'm with Ramza on this- it's not like SF4 Vega was the unassailable mountain ST Vega was. I'm looking forward to seeing what they're doing with him.

It's just like Charlie- he would have been insane if they'd just changed his specials from charge to motion but they didn't, they also changed all their properties.

I just don't want them to lose the run of themselves is all. Would you be happy to see Guile back with new offensive style motion moves?

I just don't want them to lose the run of themselves is all. Would you be happy to see Guile back with new offensive style motion moves?

I pretty much have, he's called Nash, and I'm ok with it actually :) I'm as fond of Charlie as I am Guile, and at the moment, it would seem that's exactly what's happened to the character I'm most likely to play.

Initially I was a little upset but then I thought do I really want another 7 years of playing pretty much exactly the same? It'll be fun exploring them. Might even rename myself Rushdoom if I'm any good at it.

I pretty much have, he's called Nash, and I'm ok with it actually :) I'm as fond of Charlie as I am Guile, and at the moment, it would seem that's exactly what's happened to the character I'm most likely to play.

Initially I was a little upset but then I thought do I really want another 7 years of playing pretty much exactly the same? It'll be fun exploring them. Might even rename myself Rushdoom if I'm any good at it.

@Rob

Regarding Vega''s special moves, in 4, he has ; (not. 100% sure on move names) Crystal rolling flash, the flip kick, and then the wall jumpy moves. Do you really think any of these moves are any good outside of specific set ups/situations and combos? Cuz they really aren't. Doing them randomly in the neutral game is terrible with Vega, will net you nothing and likely get you punished. Rolling flash is decent albeit very slow. Overall Vega has pretty ****ty specials. That's his character design. He has great buttons and reach for a reason.

I like what Capcom are doing with him, its great. He's likely gonna still have amazing buttons and reach. They're revamping certain characters and trying new things, hats off to capcom. He looks like a really versatile character. I cant see why a Vega main from 4 would be displeased with his design in 5, he looks like a Vega players wetdream in 5

I played Charlie for a long time for the few hours I had on the beta and hes really fun. He's still Charlie with the sick zoning but it's whole new breath of fresh air with how they handled the character. Capcom are doing a good job so far keeping the old characters true to their core style etc but kinda deviating a little, and that's a good thing, trust me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

My Hori Kai arcade stick arrived today for the PS4.
    Played a bit of injustice with it.
    I like injustice but it's no street fighter!!

In case anyone's interested in the stick for a beginner like me who's only other stick experience is from an actual arcade or my namco old yellow one from the mid nineties I found it nice.

Buttons slightly different I what I'm used to but no reason for me to change them.

Stick has a bit of a line in the middle of it as if it's two halves glued together albeit very precisely.
    You can feel a small bit of a line horizontally around the middle of the ball if you know what i mean.

You don't notice it after a while but its a new one on me. Maybe it's cause it's new and it'll fade over time.

All in all I'm happy with it for the £93 sterling I paid on Amazon.

Now back on topic. Seriously roll on the Street Fighter V beta!!!!!!!!

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Long SFV set here

• Advertisement

Latest bit of eventscrubs comment genius:

oscuro said on August 7, 2015 at 1:18 p.m.
    Street fighter should have a checkbox for advanced mode or noob mode. Advanced mode makes the game like sf 4 and noob mode is much simpler inputs and removes all the hard stuff.

See lads? SFIV is experts only now. Because it's older see, that's the way it works.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,021 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

F**king '16ers!

"Removes all the hard stuff" > "Well basically, I'd like to beat people without having to put in any effort at all."

Poor Capcom who have to listen to all this shite

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    "Removes all the hard stuff" > "Well basically, I'd like to beat people without having to put in any effort at all."

I just read that in Triple H's voice...

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

Ahhhhh......so that's why they put Elena into USF4!

Let's hope she's in SFV, how else would I win?

Let's hope she's in SFV, how else would I win?

With honor.

Azza wrote: »
    With honor.

That'll be untrodden ground for the both of us.

• Advertisement

Lies. I have the most honor in the IFGC!

Advertisement