Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Street Fighter V: Despite all his ragé he's still just a rat in a Kage

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭Rob2D

So, did it go up? I'll be stuck in work for another while UGHHHHHH :(

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭J0hnick

If the beta is limited to Europe, does this mean I can still play with a US beta ?.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Played 2 online matches so far.

I got completed smashed by some American playing as Cammy BUT I won my second match against a German also playing as Cammy.

Third game just got disconnected at 1 bout each and I was winning the decider.

Damn server error now.

I never really got into SF4 for some reason but this very enjoyable. Maybe the new arcade stick is helping my fun. (And beer)

Back in now to training mode.

And a fight is coming my way in the form of Guile from France! ... That did not end well. Lol.

And yeah beaten again handsomely by a Brit this time playing as ryu.

Narrowly beaten by another ryu there on the second round.

Head handed to me in the second round against birdie. Seriously the graphics are seriously good on birdie. I was watching him instead of playing half the time!

And eh yeah again by Cammy again and beginning to think the one win was a fluke or a somehow less experienced player than me.

Tried playing as Nash which was not s good idea. Couldn't even manage a flash kick. Got hammered by birdie

Very very narrow loss to Birdie this time.

Ok so I'm finished for the night. Just lost at the end of round three to bison. So close all the way through then he hits me with a special and just about kills me.

Part of me longs for the non special days of SF2 but I get the idea of them and possibilities that they bring.

Anywhos that's me for the night. Be interested to see what ye are making of it so far.

I think it feels really nice. I thought at the beginning you could see the specials coming way too easy but i was so wrong. It seems to me that they need to be disguised with an attack, part of a combo etc

Ps... Why has Cammy got a Lego piece on here hand in the pre fight part???

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭J0hnick

Ryuland has turned into Cammyland since she became playable and open to Europe.

Got a lot of games in, netcode is much better against other Europeans. Capcom seem to be much more punctual tonight, servers went down at bang on 12.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

Azza wrote: »
    Its hardly worse than ST impact freeze?

No, definitely not. But it's still too high.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭Rob2D

Managed to stay until 12:30 myself.

Connections were overall pretty terrible tonight. Hopefully it's better tomorrow.

Connections were good since EU people were mostly on. I think oki on wakeup has been severely nerfed in this game, which is in no way a complaint, definitely a welcome change. Crossing people up/jumping on people on wakeup feels very unrewarding, pressuring from the ground is the way to go, at least for now.

Cammy is very fun, I played her the most tonight on the beta. I used everyone but used her the most. Her AAs are fantastic. her b+fierce is essentially Cody's b+MP, but a heavy; it's very fast and has an amazing hitbox, I didn't trade once with any jump in all day using it. Can special cancel too, so b+hp xx spiral arrow is great for getting out of the corner, or for creating space, etc. Her st rh is also very useful, as I thought it looked terrible during the E3 videos. Another great AA. Hits at a nice high angle above her head, and will crush counter people who jump most of the time. Can juggle DP after and the crush counter is easy to confirm. ST rh AA crush counter to DP does great damage and like 35% stun, looking like it will be her go to AA option. Ending combos in DP is the way to go IMO, more stun and exact same damage as spiral arrow, whereas ending in spiral arrow nets you no oki advantage, so may aswell take the stun.

Cannon strike pressure on wakeup feels bad now, I tried it a few times but the rollback recovery just doesn't make it worth it. Like I said in my earlier post, oki feels weaker now, going for cannon strike on people's wakeup just doesn't work as well anymore, which is a welcomed change. EX on block will actually cause Cammy to cross herself up/corner herself, and on hit she gets a juggle after, so at best a DP. I'm liking her ground game, st mk feels a little bit slower than it did in SF4 but the range is fantastic. Great at keeping people out and poking. Cr HP is another great poke, hits far, has great reach but is pretty slow, but still solid. Can confirm a combo from it on crush counter. Her V Skill also feels really hard to use, a lot of startup and feels like you can't raw react to a fb unless you're very close, in which case you would just use your pokes. Her V Trigger also feels underwhelming, probably the worst so far out of all the cast. Overall I think she's still solid, very fun to use. She has some weaknesses and I can see her struggling in certain MUs ; Charlie seems to give her a very hard time, as does Birdie. Time will tell I suppose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Pity the European stress test are over. Really enjoyed the last two nights playing.

Thanks to ayjayirl for posting that they were on.
    I wouldn't have known otherwise.

Roll on the Beta!

On a side note the Hori real arcade pro has gone back up to £144 sterling!

The stress tests must have pushed demand up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭ayjayirl

Thanks to ayjayirl for posting that they were on.
    I wouldn't have known otherwise.

np - If you have not already - join the group here on FB https://www.facebook.com/groups/irishfgc/

Updates from people usually get posted there regularly when something is on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Macal

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,721 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Macal wrote: »

I'm ok with this.

It's a pretty illogical bug/exploit.

More interesting, Light-to-Medium combos are gone too.
    IMHO, this means players now have to commit much more to their combo, and should mean the removal of big rewards from low-risk attacks.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

K.O.Kiki wrote: »

IMHO, this means players now have to commit much more to their combo, and should mean the removal of big rewards from low-risk attacks.

It's probably very much in the spirit of how they seem to want to develop things, I was braindead landing lp mp x hp x hk with Ryu on day one. I'd stop the string at mp if it didn't land.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,021 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

K.O.Kiki wrote: »

Anyone know how they are implementing this?

Is it just no light to medium target combos?

No light attack being more than +3 on hit?

A frame delay if you press a medium button after a light?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

Anyone know how they are implementing this?

Is it just no light to medium target combos?

No light attack being more than +3 on hit?

A frame delay if you press a medium button after a light?

Probably an override in the system that prevents mediums from linking

Ryu and Cammy have hit confirms to mediums from lights. Lights are still decent in this game (Birdie currently has the best ones; amazing range and hit confirmable to Bull Head), but overall as confirms there's now much better combo paths and the meta game will change a lot because of this.

Edit : Oops nevermind, just read the eventhubs link. Intetesting. It seems like they are putting emphasis on damage through confirms using mediums as starters now. You can still do lights to specials but its very situational. Smart idea on Capcom's part to overall make the game flow faster.

The Dictator buffs are welcomed in my opinion, hes the weakest character in the game at the minute easily. Flame being qcf is a huge buff to his pressure, and his cr Hp being a CC is now amazing. Crush Counter AA happens so much in this game so I believe thats the idea behind its design. It gives you a free juggle point on CC, so when people jump they REALLY get punished hard in this game now. Really think its a cool idea that seems balanced across the board, every character has a staple CC heavy Aa normal so far.

Also, whiff reversals being cc state on recovery? Holy shiet, capcom are really making a statement against rago play being punished hard. I love that change, but its wishful thinking believing that it will stay intact, i'll bet money that it will be removed down the line. :(

Also Ken's target combo knocking down?! Dumb nerf

Lol at buffing birdie. Capcom plz

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

Ramza wrote: »

The Dictator buffs are welcomed in my opinion, hes the weakest character in the game at the minute easily.

I'll remember this 1 year from now

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭blag

Nutrient wrote: »
    I'll remember this 1 year from now

In the build they had in Birmingham most of the above listed changes were in place and Bison's st rh caused crush counters too. I played him for hours against decent opponents (besides my time with the beta) and thought he was anything but weak.

Can't link to gaming sites in work, but R. Mika is apparently confirmed and maybe Karin too.

CNbFZ1kWcAAQgzS.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭ayjayirl

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭ladnopoka

ayjayirl wrote: »

Fap material for Cobelcog

Page turn stealing my thunder...

20880964265_f92ecc77dbqpou.jpg

Is that Guy and Haggar poster always in the background of that stage?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Looks... interesting.

Neve played Alpha, how does she play? 360 grappler?

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭blag

Looks... interesting.

Neve played Alpha, how does she play? 360 grappler?

She was a 360 grappler but I think it's safe to assume she'll be changed up a bit. She had qcb+p/k moves so I guess she'll have hcf +p/k for grabs now or some change up to avoid overlaps.

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Okay, I never thought I'd say this, and I'm saying this about a lot of characters in SFV, but she looks extremely different and extremely cool (minus her usual terrible outfit).

She does a stone clod stunner for god's sake!!

dYJjcxB.jpg

Looks like her Vskill is her buddy coming in to help her, probably directional like Birdie's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,721 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

New main GET.

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Doyler01

Arse Mika

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    Looks like her Vskill is her buddy coming in to help her, probably directional like Birdie's.
    The wrestler’s V-Skill, for instance, let’s her add a little more hype to the match by delivering a blistering promo. The longer the buttons are held down, the stronger she becomes, and a single layer of armor gives her a chance to build up some serious damage.

Activating V-Trigger, on the other hand, allows R. Mika to call on tag-team partner Nadeshiko. Depending on the direction held, Nadeshiko assists with one of three different attacks, setting up “sneaky attacks and punishing command grab mix-ups” that R. Mika can capitalize on.

http://shoryuken.com/2015/08/27/r-mika-suplexes-her-way-into-street-fighter-v/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Doyler01

Is that the weirdest super in SF history then? Double stink face.

Advertisement