Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Street Fighter V: Despite all his ragé he's still just a rat in a Kage

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

Doyler01 wrote: »
    Is that the weirdest super in SF history then? Double stink face.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭2gen

ayjayirl wrote: »

ffs.... *FailFish

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭Constant Markievicz

commiserations, Ben

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

blag wrote: »
    In the build they had in Birmingham most of the above listed changes were in place and Bison's st rh caused crush counters too. I played him for hours against decent opponents (besides my time with the beta) and thought he was anything but weak.

The E3 build Bison felt weak, I really like the changes they've given him
    Nutrient wrote: »
    I'll remember this 1 year from now
    Ramza wrote: »
    weakest character at the minute

Just in case you decide to take me out of context in a year :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

The E3 build Bison felt weak, I really like the changes they've given him

Just in case you decide to take me out of context in a year :pac:

Heres the context: prior the gamecon build, Bison was not the weakest character in the game, easy af and sick pressure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,721 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

tumblr_ntqzk0ItQh1scncwdo1_540.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

A wrestling character that hypes up the crowd to power up their attacks? Never seen that before!

http://shoryuken.com/2015/01/14/get-hype-mike-z-demonstrates-beowulfs-unique-crowd-excitement-mechanic-in-skullgirls-encore/

Mika looks fun though! Those tag attacks are nuts.

It's pretty impressive how they managed to make her costume even wo... actually I don't even know if it's worse or not. Kinda hard to tell with Mika.
    I think I'm gonna fall on the costume actually being better despite still being terrible.

UHejf4c.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Macal

2gen wrote: »
    ffs.... *FailFish

They should've made El Fuerte her tag partner and kissed his Mexican ass goodbye to any chance of him being in SFV.

I would've paid money to see Ben's reaction to that.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Sairus wrote: »
    A wrestling character that hypes up the crowd to power up their attacks? Never seen that before!

http://shoryuken.com/2015/01/14/get-hype-mike-z-demonstrates-beowulfs-unique-crowd-excitement-mechanic-in-skullgirls-encore/

Mika looks fun though! Those tag attacks are nuts.

It's pretty impressive how they managed to make her costume even wo... actually I don't even know if it's worse or not. Kinda hard to tell with Mika.
    I think I'm gonna fall on the costume actually being better despite still being terrible.

UHejf4c.png

I actually think her assist character looks much better than she does.

Fortunately the WAIFU types will probably instantly start demanding her and make her a FAN FAVOURITE so she'll probably be in V this time next year...

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

Is it too late to take up Marvel?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,721 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

I actually think her assist character looks much better than she does.

Fortunately the WAIFU types will probably instantly start demanding her and make her a FAN FAVOURITE so she'll probably be in V this time next year...
    Doom confirmed Grumpy Old Man.

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Azza wrote: »
    Is it too late to take up Marvel?

You and Ben could play it at casuals! Role reversal :D

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Ben, your main is here to preach the good word!

CMgA39T.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Blarg. The more I look at that costume the more I hate it. **** it's bad.

She looks like a super fun character though gameplay wise. When's first alt-costume pack?
    (Also, I kinda hope they make a costume that swaps Mika with her tag partner)

20694221539_ee826e359a_b.jpg

Nadeshiko has been floating around in R.Mika art since she was first revealed in Alpha 3... back in 1997. Man it's been a while since Mika's had a proper new game!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Macal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

I'm with Hawk on this one. :pac:

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

MIKA LOOKS AMAZING.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭ayjayirl

Well. Y'all will get to play her in just about a week

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

Noice one.

I think she looks the best realised character so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭Rob2D

Got to play some Vega and Ken today in Hong Kong.

Vega seems disjointed, it's hard to know what to do with him, but on the other hand Ken is great craic. Gonna head back in a while and see if I can get some hands on with Necalli.

Said hi to Infiltration too, he's a real nice guy. MOV, Dakou, Hungbee, Humanbomb, Jiewa and Zhi all here too. Esports in real life is crazy, feckin' sounds and lights goin' off all over the shop! :pac:

• Advertisement

There's some interesting Bison changes in the current build; Inferno is now a motion input but is now -4/6 on block at best apparently. Not really a good trade off IMO. It was a really great pressure tool, but was hard to use properly because of charge times. Making it a command input but nerfing the heck out of it's frame advantage makes no sense. DF+HP is now one hit but a CC, good buff. Same with CR HP and ST HK. Overall I like these changes, his slide being his only CC was pointless.

SK also got nerfed hard, it's now cr jab punishable at certain ranges (meaning its -3?). Weird nerf. -1 would have been fine but -3 seems overkill. It was +1 before I believe. This nerf would be fine as ending combos/pressure in psycho blast is a great option too, but it has such a flimsy hitbox and it misses half the time on crouchers :( Overall I don't understand why they nerfed it so hard

He plays very different in this version, but he's fun to use and I've been using him the most at the minute on the Beta.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭2gen

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    Ben, your main is here to preach the good word!

CMgA39T.jpg

Good guy El Fuerte is a fan of her skills in the ring... not the weeaboo type who beats his meat to her boobs and ass....

There's some interesting Bison changes in the current build; Inferno is now a motion input but is now -4/6 on block at best apparently. Not really a good trade off IMO. It was a really great pressure tool, but was hard to use properly because of charge times. Making it a command input but nerfing the heck out of it's frame advantage makes no sense. DF+HP is now one hit but a CC, good buff. Same with CR HP and ST HK. Overall I like these changes, his slide being his only CC was pointless.

SK also got nerfed hard, it's now cr jab punishable at certain ranges (meaning its -3?). Weird nerf. -1 would have been fine but -3 seems overkill. It was +1 before I believe. This nerf would be fine as ending combos/pressure in psycho blast is a great option too, but it has such a flimsy hitbox and it misses half the time on crouchers :( Overall I don't understand why they nerfed it so hard

He plays very different in this version, but he's fun to use and I've been using him the most at the minute on the Beta.

I've read a huge amount of moaning about beta Bison on several forums and comments sections. Lots of complaints that his corner pressure was too strong, no pushback on block on his moves, very hard to interrupt his pressure strings.

He did seem strong in the various video's I watched.

I've read a huge amount of moaning about beta Bison on several forums and comments sections. Lots of complaints that his corner pressure was too strong, no pushback on block on his moves, very hard to interrupt his pressure strings.

He did seem strong in the various video's I watched.

His Inferno pressure was great, I think they nerfed it too hard, though. It may have been too strong for sure. I don't get why they nerfed SK though, it seemed fine as is.

Don't worry as soon as Urien is announced the whining will start and Aegis will be made minus on hit!

To be honest I don't want overwhelming offense to be the dominate tactic in SF V. I can't imagine a worse game if in many match ups you felt as utterly helpless under pressure as you did versus say Yun in SF4AE. Constantly blocking with the odds overwhelming stacked in the attackers favor.

I like what I see about SFV but if I have any reservation is that's its too offensive orientated. Beta Bison's corner pressure looked like immense fun but pretty shallow in the long run.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,021 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Alpha Counters help out on the defensive end though, so we hopefully won't see that level of safe pressure.

Hopefully. I hope there is also a strong neutral game and a fireball zoning game as well. I want a balance of all styles.

Fireball zoning is amazing in some MUs, in some its not (just at certain ranges). It's hard, if not impossible, to react V Skill a fireball as Bison/Charlie/Ryu at mid/close range, so it kinda balances out. Parrying that close usually ends up leaving yourself open to attacks. Just can't lob them full screen as you'll just be feeding them V meter. Charlie's booms are really versatile in that he can throw the slow one and move behind it to counter v skill's absorbing it. I think fireball zoning is perfectly viable in this game and in a good place. Neutral game also feels nice in this game.

I hope your right Ramza. But didn't parry destroy fireball zoning in 3S. Do V-Skills have a start up time or are they instant?

• Advertisement

I hope your right Ramza. But didn't parry destroy fireball zoning in 3S. Do V-Skills have a start up time or are they instant?

It did, but parry in SF3 is much different to how V Skill works in this game. V Skills have startup, definitely aren't instant. There's of course recovery on the end so you can't really parry stuff up close/mid range without sacrificing ground or leaving yourself open. IMO it feels fine and I'm having/seeing great success using Ryu/Charlie's fireballs. I honestly hope fireballs don't end up being totally useless but from what time I've had on the beta they still feel great at the right ranges. Also you can't parry EX fireballs, FWIW. Will have to see how the meta evolves but for now I'm very optimistic.

As far as parrys go, Bison's one feels the best at the minute, it leaves him wide open if he tries to parry a slow fireball that someone advances behind, but its versatile, I really like it. You can maintain charge while parrying (V Skill can be done while on DB), and firing it back seems to have good recovery. Although it's pointless to fire it back vs Ryu as he will parry both hits and end up gaining twice as much V gauge as Bison did.

I haven't found it to be OP or messy at all, it just deters people from fireballing full screen, once they walk up and start to engage in neutral the parry becomes next to useless. Even if you try and AA parry or something, it won't work. It's designed well although like I said, I'm still interested to see how it pans out in the long run.

While on the topic of Bison, I'm surprised at how bad the range on his normals are. St.MK is abysmal, the range feels like it's been cut in half. He has no real go to footsie button now. Cr mp is decent, but that's it really. His lights are quick but of course can't be used in a neutral situation. Most of the time I'm sitting back waiting for them to jump so I can AA and get some momentum going with SKs. His dash is very good so I can see where they intentionally wanted to switch up the character design/play style, maybe toning down his footsies for better pressure as a balancing act. But when did Bison ever not have pressure?

Advertisement