Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Street Fighter V: Despite all his ragé he's still just a rat in a Kage

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭Cobelcog

i'm finding ps4 pad okay, get some unwanted jumps and bad inputs but i've had no real problems with it

Been streaming the beta on www.twitch.tv/cobelcog if anyone is interested in watching. I've been playing mostly Cammy but playing Chun-Li atm

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Nice to see everyone getting their excuses ready for scrubbing out on SFV at Celtic Throwdown already with this "PS4 pad is just so darned hard to use" talk.

Also, re: the story not making sense to introduce Alex before SF3 and have Ken's fight style be all weird. Remember when they explained that Gouken was asleep since pre SF1?
    I enjoy SF's loose story quite a lot, but let's not worry about retcons and inconsistencies :P

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Sairus wrote: »
    Nice to see everyone getting their excuses ready for scrubbing out on SFV at Celtic Throwdown already with this "PS4 pad is just so darned hard to use" talk.

Also, re: the story not making sense to introduce Alex before SF3 and have Ken's fight style be all weird. Remember when they explained that Gouken was asleep since pre SF1?
    I enjoy SF's loose story quite a lot, but let's not worry about retcons and inconsistencies :P

Yeah they'll introduce whatever to make the plot work- I just wanted to hear what happens after 3S though, because I enjoy the canon and discussing it :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Bugger that I was hoping they'd bring a couple PS4 sticks, pad is jokes. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭ayjayirl

We will have 4 fightsticks and 6 ps4 pads to distribute amongst the 6 SFV setups.

Madcatz TE2 FightSticks afaik ;)

Had gas craic last night watching poor AJ come to grips with the PS4 pad.

Pad itself is ok so I would say going from xbox pad to ps4 pad would be easy enough but I use 6 face buttons and have no training on using triggers for normals..... That was the hardest thing.

Sooner the better madcatz release their sick looking fightpads.

I really hope they just **** off with this nonsense and patch in the PS3 compatibility drivers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,021 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

I really hope they just **** off with this nonsense and patch in the PS3 compatibility drivers.

Correctly, so that you don't need to use a DS4 too.

The Xbox One accepted all 360 wired controllers right up until launch too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭airmax87

PS4 pad is great imo, been using it for fightcade.

PSX > PS4 > ds1/2 > PS3 (too f'n light and the r2 is so mushy)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

What's the chances of some SF V tourney action?

Even something like a single elimination exhibition?

Now to figure out some way of stunning the opponent long enough to land R.Mika's full V.Skill/Taunt

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

ayjayirl wrote: »
    We will have 4 fightsticks and 6 ps4 pads to distribute amongst the 6 SFV setups.

Madcatz TE2 FightSticks afaik ;)

Hard luck Naphiel

What's the chances of some SF V tourney action?

Even something like a single elimination exhibition?

Dynamic decisions like that will be best done on the day in conjunction with Capcom representatives :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Misty Chaos

Would have loved to have being able to come to CT for this but live pre-open training sessions has made it impossible for me now. I hope to see plenty of thoughts about the build and videos as well!

Green Man Gaming has 23% off SFV for PC right now: http://www.dealzon.com/deals/street-fighter-v

This particular preorder gets you the Chun-Li costume.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Macal

Really crap quality footage, but we have ourselves a new character.

Shaheen with tornados. Reminds me of El Fuerte in a few ways.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

ctJiYHy.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

I think the question on everyone's mind is "WHY DOES HE HAVE A SCOUTER?" :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Macal

Let's see... energetic, smiley persona. Lot's of mobility options with wall jumps, dodging projectiles and running all over the place.

Yep, it's Elf 2.0. Say hello to your new main, Ben.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,721 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

I think the question on everyone's mind is "WHY DOES HE HAVE A SCOUTER?" :pac:

Didn't Bison use scouters in the old SF movies to ascertain Ryu's potential?

"His fighting potential, it's over 3000!"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭2gen

Macal wrote: »

Let's see... energetic, smiley persona. Lot's of mobility options with wall jumps, dodging projectiles and running all over the place.

Yep, it's Elf 2.0. Say hello to your new main, Ben.

Who said that I'd be playing this game?

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

Emm...what game are you going to play if not this?

Its likely USF4 will die off when this is released and there isn't any sign of a Marvel resurrection.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭2gen

Azza wrote: »
    Emm...what game are you going to play if not this?

Its likely USF4 will die off when this is released and there isn't any sign of a Marvel resurrection.

I don't know about you but them "wombo combos" in Smash is getting me hype :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭Rob2D

COpV6xuXAAAy1ax.jpg

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Some very short footage.

I'm liking the look of this guy.

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Character breakdown here, I'll post it here anyway
    Another New Challenger Has Arrived in Street Fighter V!

Hey everyone, I’d like to introduce the second all-new character to Street Fighter V: Rashid!

This character was announced by Ono-san at the Games 15 event in Dubai, and we have all of the details to share with you now.

Hailing from the Middle East, Rashid is a fun, easy going individual who has an affinity for technology. Although his fighting style is casual, it’s anything but laid back! Using the power of wind, Rashid is definitely one of the more difficult characters to catch.

Players can look forward to parkour inspired, fast-paced attacks, which will leave opponents scratching their heads and wondering what’s coming next!

V-Skill 1 (MP+MK) – Front Flip

Rashid performs a high flying flip over the opponent. Pressing kick during the Front Flip results in Rashid performing a divekick.

V-Skill 2 (Down+MP+MK) – Rolling Assault

Rashid closes the gap between himself and the opponent with a quick front roll. Pressing kick during Rolling Assault results in Rashid kicking upward at the opponent.

V-Trigger (HP+HK) – Ysaar

Rashid throws out a slow moving whirlwind that closes in on the opponent and causes damage to them if they touch it. While the whirlwind is out, Rashid can use it to increase his movement on any attack that propels him forward.

Get ready to soar to new heights with Rashid and leave the competition in the dust! We still have many more characters left to reveal, so stay tuned for more information in the near future. Until next time!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,721 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

2gen wrote: »
    I don't know about you but them "wombo combos" in Smash is getting me hype :pac:

s96Cvhu.jpg

:pac:

Advertisement