Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Street Fighter V: Despite all his ragé he's still just a rat in a Kage

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

People will want to play Karin right up till the moment they play their first game with her.

I'm a huge Karin fan and even I knew I was never going to be able to play her the moment I tried her out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

Rob2D wrote: »
    Still have to agree with Doom and Sairus.

We were making a broader observation on capcom and perhaps gaming in general. We didn't condemn Laura at all. My own feelings on her are kinda neutral tbh.

It's just that things seem to be approaching a DOA/Mai Shiranui level. Can we not aspire and hope for our game to be better than that? I don't think there's anything wrong with such a view as ours.

And saying that the men having big ridiculous muscles is just as bad is totally not the same thing. I feel this penny arcade comic is VERY relevant to this thread right now:

http://art.penny-arcade.com/photos/i-svhrTpg/0/1050x10000/i-svhrTpg-1050x10000.jpg

dick =/= boob. If you want giant dick&balls in games then expect the women to have large vulvas and gigantic clotirises.

The whole conversation is insane anyway. You can smell the kotaku.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Just got an email to say the beta has gone live again!

Maximilion is on twitch playing as we speak.

I'll be on later around 7pm or so if anyone fancies kicking my ass.

Psn.. murphyebass

Edit...

Got one match in there online and actually won in 3 rounds against a French dude. Probably be my only win of the beta but it felt goood.

Seriously sfv just feels soooo fluid.

I wish I could spend more time with it this weekend but I'll be off and on I'm sure like most.

Roll on the full release!!

.... Haha lost the second match, in 3 rounds though and right in fairness.

Edit edit..

Only issue other than being terrible is the rate at which matches come through.
    Started out ok every 5 mins or so but now it's a while.
    I tried resetting the game but still taking ages to be matched up.

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭J0hnick

Was gettin matches fine earlier, keep getting errors now since about 9:30, anyone else ?.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

Beta stopped at 10pm, will continue at 10am

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

Karin will get the nerf stick for sure very soon, shes really strong. Ground game is crazy and great meterless damage and CC potential. Her V trigger and skill are somewhat underwhelming (unsafe rekka with bad range) but other than that shes fantastic, hits like a truck and has buttons for days.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭airmax87

Just my two cents on the whole "scrubs wanting characters they cant play thing" ; Even if we can't play said characters, it's still really cool to watch them. For example, I can't play viper at all but she is my favorite character ever to watch when high level players are using her.
    I think with flashy characters more randomers will stay on the twitch stream or whatever and even go onto actually getting into the game.

just brings the aul "HYPE"

maybe im just talking shyte though

Yeah, I should clarify that I actually love Karin even if I'll never play her. It's not bad that low level players won't be able to use her, it's just going to be a slap of water in their faces when they try. Plenty of others are gonna pick up her reins.

Get Rekted CobelCog

6aac935d3cb31900443b330905abd6af.png

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭Cobelcog

Save the best for last innit

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭Rob2D

Wow, ryu got hit with the nerf stick hard. Like, holy s**t.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭wayne040576

Simon_K wrote: »
    For those able to play on PC, beta continues :) Just tested, and it works. No Karin or Rashid, but everyone else is there :D Not sure if this is the latest patch (Doubt it), but that doesnt REALLY matter ;)

https://www.reddit.com/r/Kappa/comments/3q6cgf/skidrow_released_a_crack_for_the_sfv_beta_which/

Edit. Nevermind. I should read posts before trying. It's a crack from a dodgy site.

For those able to play on PC, beta continues :) Just tested, and it works. No Karin or Rashid, but everyone else is there :D Not sure if this is the latest patch (Doubt it), but that doesnt REALLY matter ;)

https://www.reddit.com/r/Kappa/comments/3q6cgf/skidrow_released_a_crack_for_the_sfv_beta_which/

Thanks for the heads up, I got it working! Infinite training mode boyz:pac:

No Karin or Rashid even though it has Ryu, Nash etc. I wonder how that is?

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Simon_K

its pre-latest-patch, dunno about the karin/rashid, but we got the rest of the cast so I'm content :D

its pre-latest-patch, dunno about the karin/rashid, but we got the rest of the cast so I'm content :D

Yeah but Karin and Rashid came before the phase 1 crowd??? Doesn't make sense.

I wonder if we could mix and match the character files? Add them ourselves.

EDIT:

OK I managed to unlock Karin, Rashid and Kanzuki estate; takes some work but it's quite doable. Hurray for master race :pac:

gupOsWal.jpg

That didn't take long

OK I managed to unlock Karin, Rashid and Kanzuki estate; takes some work but it's quite doable. Hurray for master race :pac:
    Can you select all the characters from the char select, or do you have to swap out a character from the game files?

Also, here's some themes:

Sairus wrote: »
    Can you select all the characters from the char select, or do you have to swap out a character from the game files?

No they just fill the empty spaces.

If you want to mess around with a hex editor you have access to everyone's alt colours. Gonna try that later.

Hopefully bearded Ryu is in there! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭Constant Markievicz

https://twitter.com/Yoshi_OnoChin/status/658964608980537344

Too obvious to be Dhalsim or not? I can't decide anymore

https://twitter.com/Yoshi_OnoChin/status/658964608980537344

Too obvious to be Dhalsim or not? I can't decide anymore

If its not Dhalsim I'll take up smash

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭Constant Markievicz

Apparently Eurogamer just leaked confirmation of Dhalsim, along with a February 16th release date and 6 DLC characters scheduled over the course of 2016. The article's been taken down already.

http://shoryuken.com/2015/10/27/street-fighter-v-to-launch-on-february-16-six-additional-characters-coming-in-2016/

Sony's conference at PGW is in an hour or so, so there may be confirmation by the end of the day.

You beat me to it! Anyway, here's the trailer:

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Those projectiles are glorious looking. Another bit of Omega testing at play here with the arching fireball.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭2gen

Nutrient wrote: »
    If its not Dhalsim I'll take up smash

Damn... now that Sim has been confirmed we'll never see that happen :(

J7qJN6b.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Yoga!

:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭airmax87

J7qJN6b.jpg
    oh god please

1465413-capsnk2maki.png

I reckon it's safe to say Ibuki at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭ladnopoka

How do I get beta for ps4?

• Advertisement

Advertisement