Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Street Fighter V: Despite all his ragé he's still just a rat in a Kage

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭Rob2D

Yeah Justin was saying on his twitter that you can meaty jab then throw punish v reversals. But to be fair, most people aren't going to have the reads/reactions for it.

Not saying it shouldn't be fixed of course.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Rob2D wrote: »
    Yeah Justin was saying on his twitter that you can meaty jab then throw punish v reversals. But to be fair, most people aren't going to have the reads/reactions for it.

Not saying it shouldn't be fixed of course.

It's a big slow flash on the screen with a sound effect, you don't exactly need to be Daigo.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭blag

Bison can cancel cr mk in Canada Cup build and looks like inferno is motion again too. :)

Around 54 seconds:

Dreddybajs wrote: »
    It's a big slow flash on the screen with a sound effect, you don't exactly need to be Daigo.

Had a quick look in training mode there and I'd say you'd want to be fairly quick alright. Doable but not much time once that flash happens. I reckon you'd want to be either Psycho Mantis or KenBot anyway.

Although I'm sure Justin knows something I don't :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

They censored the buttslap

Final change is grand, this one however ruins it, looks so unnatural

1m28s

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭GorySnake

Character has been ruined. Cancelling my pre-order

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

GorySnake wrote: »
    Character has been ruined. Cancelling my pre-order

They even changed the camera angle of Cammy's entrance too.

http://shoryuken.com/2015/11/08/capcom-alters-some-of-street-fighter-vs-more-risque-cinematics/

I hope there is a valid explanation for the changes and not just Capcom caving to the PC police. I hate when companies cave to these crybabies that may not even have any intentions of buying their products no matter what.

I believe it was the ESRB.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,721 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Guess I'll buy it on PC and mod it back in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

I hate the character and the move and the change still bugs me.

It's more how lazily implemented and awkward it looks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Eh. I preferred the Mika ones as they were before, but **** it. Had they just released the game like this in the first place I wouldn't have noticed.
    It's a very minor thing that doesn't actually affect anything.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Doesn't effect a single thing. People upset for the sake of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭ladnopoka

It affects anime fighters because when they see R.Mika slap herself on the butt they get a boost and they start to play better. :D

Cobelcog cameo in LiangHu's latest video:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

Sairus wrote: »
    Eh. I preferred the Mika ones as they were before, but **** it. Had they just released the game like this in the first place I wouldn't have noticed.
    It's a very minor thing that doesn't actually affect anything.

If they cover up Laura I will find Ono and I will bludgeon his Blanka collection with my Hammers of Justice. :D:D

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Cobelcog cameo in LiangHu's latest video:

1.42 for those too lazy. And it's well worth going to it!

I like it though. I respect the uppercut game :pac:

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    1.42 for those too lazy. And it's well worth going to it!

I just watched the video, he's using unpatched ryu footage, cant st mp>cr hp anymore

He got changed, Wow, its almost as if...its a beta, where...stay with me here..changes do occur, for better or worse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Cobelcog got some sick wakeup strats.
    JohnMc1 wrote: »
    If they cover up Laura I will find Ono and I will bludgeon his Blanka collection with my Hammers of Justice.
    They should just give everyone C.Viper's mono chest. http://kayin.moe/?p=975

"Guile looks like he kinda has down syndrome"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,721 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

FURCFzV.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    tumblr_inline_ntrls5F92s1rf56fj_1280.jpg

You know, I actually want Capcom to release this as DLC just for the reaction it would get.

^ Offensive to muslims. Must censor it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

Seriously though, I've got to agree with DooM here.

If they changed the camera angle (because that's literally all that's happening here) on, for example, Ryu's super, no-one would bat an eyelid.

However, once the ~sexual objectification of a female character~ is at stake, OH MY GOD THIS IS THE GREATEST INJUSTICE IN THE HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE SCREW YOU CRAPCOM

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

I'd agree with about 10 of them to be fair, putting them in a matrix doesn't make them untrue :)

We're saying her visual aesthetic is juvenile.
    sexual and emotional maturity of a twelve year old
    Yreval wrote: »
    If they changed the camera angle (because that's literally all that's happening here)
    Yreval wrote: »
    OH MY GOD THIS IS THE GREATEST INJUSTICE IN THE HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE SCREW YOU CRAPCOM
    Can we not aspire and hope for our game to be better than that?

liA7h4d.png
    I'd agree with about 10 of them to be fair, putting them in a matrix doesn't make them untrue :)

Looks like you have a BINGO then, Doc. Putting them in a matrix doesn't make them untrue for sure... they're still censorship apologist quotes inside or outside a table.

For the example if the camera was panned away from Ryu nobody would care. Well, what did it pan away from? Him giving you the finger? Doing some kind of sign? Something that would actually effect the presentation of one of his moves? And why was it changed... just so the animation didn't look like it was glitching? That's a fix. Maybe it just wasn't what they thought it would be? Artistic reason, fine. Changing it so it doesn't upset X category of people, whether it be for business reasons or social pressure on the artist....is still censorship. And it's a slippery slope from there.

And if Ryu flexed his muscles but updated the camera to hide him doing that later on I garauntee you people would notice, especially if it was a flashy, taunting part of the move like the one in question is.

Censorship is never a good idea no matter if you like the content or not. If the original was doing a peace sign but got changed by demand of publisher, gamers, critics, whoever... to be a butt spank because a peace sign offended someone (literally people who think it's racist)... I think people should and would be equally as concerned. It's not about about what gets censored it's that anything gets censored for polltiical correctness or such issues at all. It was obviously their original intent... they didn't even change it the camera is literally just avoiding looking in the same places. The animation seems pretty damn similar.

I think Tom from XSEED says it best
    . Highly suggest reading through that and some of the replies (good and bad). Ironically he is banned from speaking there anymore. :rolleyes:

Nobody can say they're mature if they celebrate censorship because butt spanking triggers them.

But you're right... it doesn't really matter. it's a small change. So why change it? If you can live with it, live with it. If it was serious to you(lol), don't support the game. If it's not, don't introduce censorship over pixel butts. It's never good for art or people... look through history. There's big talk about making this medium mature and bringing it to new heights. Maybe we can start by not making it have to go through all the BS that every other medium has had to.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭airmax87

tldr

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

censorship

This isn't censorship. At worst you could call it self-censorship. In reality it's change by a company for whatever reason and the cries of censorship make that side of the argument seem ridiculous.

• Advertisement

Orim wrote: »
    This isn't censorship. At worst you could call it self-censorship. In reality it's change by a company for whatever reason and the cries of censorship make that side of the argument seem ridiculous.

sY3sOiW.png
    At worst you could call it self-censorship.

The most common kind in this part of the world.

https://www.wordnik.com/words/self-censorship
    Orim wrote: »
    In reality it's change by a company for whatever reason

Oh jeez, I wonder what it could be. We need Sherlock Holmes on this one.

Advertisement