Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Street Fighter V: Despite all his ragé he's still just a rat in a Kage

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

Sairus wrote: »
    FANG is actually a pretty cool looking guy, except for that stupid flying super thing at the end. The rest of his weird movements are actually fine.

What's everyone's opinion on the $30 season pass? 6 characters plus 1 Premium Costume each, plus a PS4 theme.
    Apparently characters will be $6 by themselves. $6 x 6 = $36, so you're getting one character plus the costumes free I guess.

Zenny breakdown was given as this:

100 Zenny = Purchase for $0.99 / €0.99 / £0.79
    550 Zenny = Purchase for $4.99/€4.99/£3.99 (receive a 50 Zenny bonus)
    1200 Zenny = Purchase for $9.99/€9.99/£7.99 (receive a 200 Zenny bonus)
    4000 Zenny = Purchase for $29.99/ €29.99/£24.99 (receive a 1000 Zenny bonus)

I'm guessing that means each character is 600 zenny.

There's still no announcement of how much zenny = fight money, or how fast you earn fight money, so it's hard to gauge how good this season pass actually is.

I'm guessing the Premium Costumes mean you will not be able to buy them with Fight Money though, and will need to put real money down on them regardless.

You're only saying that because he's purple :pac:

Think 600 sounds right, they haven't talked about how much you earn per match, if any of the current ftp models are anything to go by we'll be looking at dozens if not hundreds of hours worth of matchs to earn 1-2 characters

My concern is what can you actually purchase wit Zenny aside from characters?

30 quid for season pass seems reasonable considering its sorta like Super extension with added cast.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭Rob2D

We will all buy it and we all know it :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Yeah, as Kiki says i imagine it will take more than the lifetime of the game to earn all characters with in game money, even at the absurd amount of hours we will likely put in.
    I'm going to hold off getting the season pass until I see what the economy is like for Fight Money, but yeah, I'll probably end up getting it anyway.

I'm guessing there's going to be tons of stuff like stages and non-premium costumes that will only be available to unlock via zenny/fight money that won't be included in the season pass too. :/

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Simon_K

If they make it too hard to earn zennies, then we'll likely see a lot of bots. Happens in every online game that has grinding.

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

I'll be bringing my PS4 to casuals twice a week for that sweet sweet fight money

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,721 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Sairus wrote: »
    Yeah, as Kiki says i imagine it will take more than the lifetime of the game to earn all characters with in game money, even at the absurd amount of hours we will likely put in.
    I'm going to hold off getting the season pass until I see what the economy is like for Fight Money, but yeah, I'll probably end up getting it anyway.

I'm guessing there's going to be tons of stuff like stages and non-premium costumes that will only be available to unlock via zenny/fight money that won't be included in the season pass too. :/

Um... I didn't say anything yet :confused::pac:

tumblr_nz0bzmSmPD1sc60y6o1_1280.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 34 daltronica

Hi lads. Just got a ps4 and pre ordered Sfv. I've enrolled in the Beta but no word since. What are the chances of getting into next beta on the 28th. Slim I'm thinking.

daltronica wrote: »
    Hi lads. Just got a ps4 and pre ordered Sfv. I've enrolled in the Beta but no word since. What are the chances of getting into next beta on the 28th. Slim I'm thinking.

Next beta is the 18th?

Your invite might not come until a day or two before.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 daltronica

Rob2D wrote: »
    Next beta is the 18th?

Your invite might not come until a day or two before.

cheers man. Meant to say 18th.
    Not many folks moved up to ps4 for Ultra btw? Seems quiet on there. I presume cos it means buying a new stick. Going back to pad with Abel don't fly.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

daltronica wrote: »
    cheers man. Meant to say 18th.
    Not many folks moved up to ps4 for Ultra btw? Seems quiet on there. I presume cos it means buying a new stick. Going back to pad with Abel don't fly.

There's a few of us, I just don't play as much as I used to personally. To be expect in the run in to SFV really :)

Source: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=188478050&postcount=851
    Regarding the discussion about feminism in videogames and the way the heroines are portrayed in them, “Street Fighter V” has been criticized because of two characters seen as extremely sexualized – including the Brazilian Laura.

In an interview for UOL Jogos, the producer of the fighting game series Yoshinori Ono guaranteed that Capcom wants to erase that notion so that their game doesn’t disturb the female audience. “Our objective with ‘Street Fighter V’ is to start over from zero”, explains Ono. “We want the professional players and the casual fans of the series to return, but we also want to reach those who have never even touched a fighting game. So we can’t have something in the game that makes people think, ‘This is not acceptable’”.

Originally, the fighter Rainbow Mika slapped her butt during one attack sequence, but the action was removed. That led some fans to question if some kind of ‘censorship’ had occurred. “We didn’t make any change because of external influences”, reassures Ono. “Those changes came up internally. We decided to remove that because we want the biggest possible number of people to play, and we don’t want to have something in the game that might make someone uncomfortable”.

The objective, according the producer, is to have characters that people like, and not put them off the game. “Probably we won’t be able to remove everything that could offend someone. But our goal is, at least, to reduce that number as much as possible so that they think ‘Ok, there is this issue here, but it is within the limits’. We want that everyone can play and enjoy without worrying about anything else”, he says.

“Street Fighter V” will be launched for PlayStation 4 and PC on the February 16, 2016.

*The journalist travelled at the invitation of Sony.

09_hotpackage01.jpg

Mom-covering-eyes-of-child-at-laptop1.jpg

In fairness though, that's some good box art!

You know, considering the damage output in SFV, rounds last roughly 20-30 seconds, even if it goes to 3 rounds, and one runs long, finishing someone in 2 minutes isn't that impressive.

You know, considering the damage output in SFV, rounds last roughly 20-30 seconds, even if it goes to 3 rounds, and one runs long, finishing someone in 2 minutes isn't that impressive.

3S matches can be over before you count to 30.

K.O.Kiki wrote: »

Think you may be missing my point Kiki- how does FANG threaten you?

its F.A.W.N

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

K.O.Kiki wrote: »

45 seconds including character introductions and round transitions.
    :cool:

FANG's design has legitimately freaked me out.
    slenderman-800.jpg
    2spooky4me

30 Mins of FANG and ComboRoss banter here. Sick

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Macal

he's also confirmed by Combofiend to have charge inputs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

tumblr_nv3j1wGd5p1scncwdo1_540.gif

Priority normals confirmed in V

Going a bit overboard with the "feck lights" thing I think!

Going a bit overboard with the "feck lights" thing I think!

I disagree.

Meaties/frame trap buttons shouldn't lose to mashing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

I think it's cool, it leads to a cleaner frametrap game (don't have to have such exact timing on traps) and feels very satisfying (in 3s anyway). Looking forward to trying it out.

edit: It'll still lose to mashing if you're doing a slow frametrap Kiki. And meaties never lost to mashing in the first place in SF4.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

I think thats excellent. It really benefits the guys who know the frame data for lots of characters (I certainly dont).

It will certainly simplify the frame trap game. Really, the guy doing the frame trap has one more frame to do it basically. You've still got to time it reasonably well.

Were people having huge problems with people mashing lights in frame traps? I'm hardly desk but it was never really an issue for me, that fool was getting a counter hit hard punch.

I think what it does is cleans up the Frametrap game or makes it easier to perform frame traps.

It does give attackers with pixel health a chance for a clean counter instead of losing to trades with lower priority buttons

The overall reaction seems positive from players, it certainly rewards players that know their data.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

So fireball zoning and defense are out.

Doom I think its time you and I moved to Tekken. :pac:

Advertisement