Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Street Fighter V: Despite all his ragé he's still just a rat in a Kage

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

Steam name?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Anyone getting a game?

I'm stuck at "waiting for your opponent".

Tried rebooting but no go.

Watching lads play on twitch so the servers are up right?

Just sent a tweet to capcom. Some people having issues seemingly

...so half hour or hour later i'm getting games now.

Coincidence or did capcom sort whatever issue I was having?

.... A lot of talk of rmika recently for the butt slap but seriously Laura's character is eh not that wholesome either capcom.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,721 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

.... A lot of talk of rmika recently for the butt slap but seriously Laura's character is eh not that wholesome either capcom.

Don't you fúcking dare! :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Don't you fúcking dare! :eek:

Lol

Personally I couldn't care less what the characters look like, sexual or not, once it plays well.

That said I think it's a pretty big upgrade from IV.

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Simon_K

Ken still has the multidp combo :D

https://www.facebook.com/MBAGoukifafa/videos/10156233428235167/

Interesting tech coming out!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ud-widsPuI

And Gief with the full screen grab
    http://webm.host/ef52f/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,021 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Poor Dhalsim.

Played this for a few hours yesterday, racked up a lot of wins fighting with honor.

All my losses where down to my opponents using cheap characters with tactics I don't understand. Karin high low mix up.....f**k off!:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭ladnopoka

Game is lacking some bingoes... game is good apart from that :P

Coolest thing I've seen so far is gief air grabbing shoryukens, can't wait to do plenty of those :P

I find the game really good....when I'm winning.

Terrible game when I'm loosing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭Rob2D

Simon_K wrote: »

He's using the crack though. Could that be an older version of Ken? He couldn't even do that stuff in v trigger over the weekend.
    ladnopoka wrote: »
    Coolest thing I've seen so far is gief air grabbing shoryukens, can't wait to do plenty of those :P

That's so hilarious. I wasn't having any of it though. HK and B+HK with Ryu and just lame it out all day. Seems like Gief has no real good way in if you just have patience. He'll miss that green hand for sure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

Got a chance to hop on during the last day of the beta, had lots of GGs. Game feels more polished. Connections were also all brilliant. I played about 200+ games with Karin and can easily say she is one of the most simple chars in the game at the minute design wise but very solid. Ground game is fantastic, great walk speed and pokes etc. Players with heavy footsie style will dominate with this character. Maybe she'll get the nerf bat? I can't see anything overly OP about her, but she is solid. Who knows, she was already nerfed before so I doubt it. Definitely planning on maining her

Also I wish they would buff Laura, I used her a bit too and was underwhelmed. Design wise she's a cool character and has potential to be good but she's lacking so much. Very fun to use and needs more love, so I would like to see Capcom buff her a little soon

General balance felt good but hard to say since most of my fights were against Chuns, Nash and Ryus! Was hoping to see more variety but maybe I just got unlucky with who I was matched up against. Overall the game feels good, liking the V system, footsies feel v rewarding in this game and the CC system is great. Looking forward to seeing how the game pans out in the future.

Anyone else feel like the soundtrack got better? A lot of the newer stage themes really sounded great to me, and the character themes are good too. Newer stages also looked great, Karin's stage is sick.
    Azza wrote: »
    Karin high low mix up.....f**k off!:pac:

git gud :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

Ramza wrote: »

Also I wish they would buff Laura
    git gud :cool:

Shes getting nerfed m8, check the tech vids, shes great

Nutrient wrote: »
    Shes getting nerfed m8, check the tech vids, shes great

stay free :pac:

stay free :pac:

Bison still poo too?:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

@Ramza

Hands off Karin!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Some of the hitboxes and hurtboxes for Dhalsims limbs are really, really strange. Sometimes the limb will just go straight through your opponent.

tumblr_nzm4tu6Qms1usrgjso1_400.gif

Fergus_ wrote: »
    @Ramza

Hands off Karin!!!

you're late to the party m8 :cool:

Heres a tier from top players, subject to change but probably not drastically by SFV release:
    No Order, Top
    Nash, Chun, Cammy, Gief.

No Order, lower
    Birdie
    Karin
    Laura

Overall I found the game balance was hard to tell apart, everybody is very capable

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Macal

Heres a tier from top players, subject to change but probably not drastically by SFV release:
    No Order, Top
    Nash, Chun, Cammy, Gief.

No Order, lower
    Birdie
    Karin
    Laura

Overall I found the game balance was hard to tell apart, everybody is very capable

And the other eight characters are mid tier, is what you're saying?

Macal wrote: »
    And the other eight characters are mid tier, is what you're saying?

No, the other 8 characters weren't mentioned throughout most tier lists which mainly referred to Top and low, these are the combined aggregate of characters which were in common with other lists.

Out of every list Chun, Nash, cammy and gief were present top while latter the same.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

MMWs they'll make guile more complicated than SF4

I'd be surprised if they didn't make a drastic change to his projectile game, Arc sonic booms :pac:

or.......

no Sonic Booms at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,021 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

MMWs they'll make guile more complicated than SF4

I'd be surprised if they didn't make a drastic change to his game.

Three special moves???!!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭Rob2D

Three special moves???!!!!!!!

He get's one more in V Trigger.

When's Sagat?

Apparently Capcom's release model for DLC characters will be one new character every two months. A major balance update to the cast will also only occur on a yearly basis, so as not to frustrate players with frequent patches (ie. "we ain't going to do that MKX nonsense"). All sounds good to me, and the sooner I can get my hands on a particular blonde Manhattan wrestler, the better.

Also: Hitbox Data from the 3rd Beta:

https://watissf.dantarion.com%2Fsf5%2Fboxdox%2F%23null&redir_token=ms5v5oxtx7rVYzlDEaKQfZ8wUEB8MTQ1MTg0MjkzOEAxNDUxNzU2NTM4

And a walk speed chart;
    http://shoryuken.com/2015/12/28/early-street-fighter-v-data-confirms-vega-is-a-speed-demon/

When's Sagat?

They said something along the line of he wouldn't fit the game

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Misty Chaos

So, how is everyone going about pre-ordering this? Is there going to be any deals going around?

I'm only asking because I'd like to put my pre-order in ASAP at this point.

• Advertisement

So, how is everyone going about pre-ordering this? Is there going to be any deals going around?

I'm only asking because I'd like to put my pre-order in ASAP at this point.

Amazon undercuts everyone from what i've seen unless you browse for discounted PC version, sometimes you get it a day or 2 early

Advertisement