Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Street Fighter V: Despite all his ragé he's still just a rat in a Kage

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Not long to Feb 16th release date now.
    How's everyone getting this?

€55 on the hut.com
    €56 when converted from sterling on Amazon.
    €69 on ps store

I'd love a digital copy of this as its one I'll dip in and out of and a physical copy will be a pain but I really don't want to spend €69!! Sony robbing feckers.

As it stands I'll probably go Amazon as I don't know what the hut are like on delivery.

Anyone else any ideas?

Maybe wait till release to check what Argos put it up for?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

Sure wouldn't ya want a physical copy of a FG more than any other kind of game? Lets you bring it around to friends places or events/tournaments etc. Unless it has to install in the end anyway... and even then there's probably going to be tons of updates... and then DLC characters or ones locked to your save...

Uh yeah... actually thinking about it a physical copy doesn't seem so hot anymore for its usual advantages.

Sure wouldn't ya want a physical copy of a FG more than any other kind of game? Lets you bring it around to friends places or events/tournaments etc. Unless it has to install in the end anyway... and even then there's probably going to be tons of updates... and then DLC characters or ones locked to your save...

Uh yeah... actually thinking about it a physical copy doesn't seem so hot anymore for its usual advantages.

Friends house thing doesn't affect me.

I won't be at tournaments.

The more I think of it though the more I think the physical copy wouldn't be the end of the world as I'll have to hook up the arcade stick each time as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

What are Amazon like with regards to shipping games and having them arrive on release day? I'm guessing they ship 1-2 days in advance? Considering getting it from them but don't want to be left stuck on the day with no game :o

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Conc_juice

Ramza wrote: »
    What are Amazon like with regards to shipping games and having them arrive on release day? I'm guessing they ship 1-2 days in advance? Considering getting it from them but don't want to be left stuck on the day with no game :o

Depends on the delivery options you pick they don't ship before street date anymore at least the amazon uk that is so depends how much you wanna drop

• Advertisement

Conc_juice wrote: »
    Depends on the delivery options you pick they don't ship before street date anymore at least the amazon uk that is so depends how much you wanna drop

Looks like digital it is then :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Macal

I'm getting a physical copy because A) I have a Gamestop voucher and B) Capcom games tend to have a lot more data on them for whatever reason, and take ages to download.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭ayjayirl

I've heard a rumour that if you buy at player1, you will most likely have it the day before.

As a TO - physical disks are a must but the DLC will present new challenges

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭chunkis

I can`t believe you guys are hype for this game, it`s ****ing **** and at 70 euros your being robed.

chunkis wrote: »
    I can`t believe you guys are hype for this game, it`s ****ing **** and at 70 euros your being robed.

Bagsey this robe

af1b_deluxe_jedi_robe.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    Cool.

Bout time I was robed

Now I can be just like wizard rolento

Also

"SF4 focus and set up play hurts footsies, **** game"

"SFV goes back to the fundamentals, **** game"

Chunkis plz

Nutrient wrote: »

"SF4 focus and set up play hurts footsies, **** game"

"SFV goes back to the fundamentals, **** game"

Chunkis plz

GAME X not SF2, **** game

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

ayjayirl wrote: »
    GAME X not SF2, **** game

Pretty much this, although he liked the Alpha games as well.

He's yet to give a reason why its ****.

a2gvk.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭chunkis

My first impressions of the game were that it was extremely slow, klunky and felt unresponsive, it just wasn`t smooth. I've played a lot of fighting games at the beta stage and it had to be one of the worst yet. It`s right at the bottom with SVC and Capcom Fighting Jam. Overall I am extremely disappointed at how the game turned out, i really thought it could have been something special. But when i played it, i was let down by almost everything. Now i know it`s only the beta, but in my experience most games don`t change that much between the beta and the final version, so i don`t think its going to improve enough to make me want to play it and i feel the price tag at 70 euros is a bit much!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,021 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

I thought it was very clunky in the first online beta, but the dev kit build that was at CT was much more responsive.

I agree the game did feel clunky at first (and was one of my main concerns with the game when I played Beta1), but I feel Capcom did a great job changing the game since (at least it felt better to me when I played Beta3). Overall I think SF5 is/will be a good game, it has a lot going for it . Time will tell but I am looking forward to SF5. It's a breath of fresh air and I think it definitely improves over IV in a lot of areas. I think hating on a new SF game/praising previous games as being better is just a thing in the FGC, knee jerk reactions etc. But everyone is entitled to their opinion I suppose!

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

My first impressions of the game were that it was extremely slow, klunky and felt unresponsive, it just wasn`t smooth. I've played a lot of fighting games at the beta stage and it had to be one of the worst yet. It`s right at the bottom with SVC and Capcom Fighting Jam. Overall I am extremely disappointed at how the game turned out, i really thought it could have been something special. But when i played it, i was let down by almost everything. Now i know it`s only the beta, but in my experience most games don`t change that much between the beta and the final version, so i don`t think its going to improve enough to make me want to play it and i feel the price tag at 70 euros is a bit much!

Slow and klunky is completely subjective. It for sure feels different to early 2D fighting games, the impact stun, reel animations, impact sound effects etc make the game feel different, but whether its better than worse is just a matter of personal taste. It does run slower sure but the older games like ST and the Alpha games used a frame skipping algorithm to speed up the games beyond 60fps. This is actually pretty terrible idea as the game randomly discards frames, meaning some of your inputs can get swallowed up and no moves come out.

As for responsiveness, are you playing on an LCD or CRT?. If your playing on a LCD its automatically going to feel slower than a CRT arcade machine in terms of input lag. Even though there is low input lag LCD monitors and while modern games may have more input lag in general its nothing a committed player can't adapt too.

Your calling a game **** based on whats very subjective concept "how it feels", which of course your entitled too but that's along way from meaning the game is actually ****. That's normally judged on whether the game has good mechanics, depth and balance and whether its technically not a buggy mess. Its too early to tell on all of those accounts. There is plenty of dumb mechanics and bad balance in some of the classic 2D fighters as well.

€70 is the price of console games now. But shop around or wait for a sale and you will get it somewhat cheaper. On PC I picked it up for €46. How much money have you spent in arcades over the years?

Azza wrote: »
    Slow and klunky is completely subjective. It for sure feels different to early 2D fighting games, the impact stun, reel animations, impact sound effects etc make the game feel different, but whether its better than worse is just a matter of personal taste. It does run slower sure but the older games like ST and the Alpha games used a frame skipping algorithm to speed up the games beyond 60fps. This is actually pretty terrible idea as the game randomly discards frames, meaning some of your inputs can get swallowed up and no moves come out.

As for responsiveness, are you playing on an LCD or CRT?. If your playing on a LCD its automatically going to feel slower than a CRT arcade machine in terms of input lag. Even though there is low input lag LCD monitors and while modern games may have more input lag in general its nothing a committed player can't adapt too.

Your calling a game **** based on whats very subjective concept "how it feels", which of course your entitled too but that's along way from meaning the game is actually ****. That's normally judged on whether the game has good mechanics, depth and balance and whether its technically not a buggy mess. Its too early to tell on all of those accounts. There is plenty of dumb mechanics and bad balance in some of the classic 2D fighters as well.

€70 is the price of console games now. But shop around or wait for a sale and you will get it somewhat cheaper. On PC I picked it up for €46. How much money have you spent in arcades over the years?

What specs will be needed to run it on a pc/laptop out of curiousity.

I have a laptop with specs that can run the likes of skyrim at ok pace.

I'm considering buying a 2nd to for the house just so I can play this more regularly.

Having only the one to really limits game time. Damn wife and kids and their programs. Lol.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭Rob2D

What specs will be needed to run it on a pc/laptop out of curiousity.

I have a laptop with specs that can run the likes of skyrim at ok pace.

I'm considering buying a 2nd to for the house just so I can play this more regularly.

Having only the one to really limits game time. Damn wife and kids and their programs. Lol.

You'll pay and arm and a leg for a gaming laptop. Best just to build a little pc with a second hand graphics card.

SFV won't be all that demanding.

Rob2D wrote: »
    You'll pay and arm and a leg for a gaming laptop. Best just to build a little pc with a second hand graphics card.

SFV won't be all that demanding.

I take it my own laptop won't run it then.

Probably just stick to ps4 and maybe get a 2nd tv

I take it my own laptop won't run it then.

Probably just stick to ps4 and maybe get a 2nd tv

http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/204974/pc-beta-specs-thread-post-your-specs-settings-and-performance-results-here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,721 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭blag

K.O.Kiki wrote: »

Painful viewing.

Rob2D wrote: »

Will check it out further but the laptop might cope by the sounds of that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

I've only played training mode a bit, but I didn't like the feel of the game either. Mostly agree with chunkis. I'll give it a chance when it comes out though.

Apparently the beta got an update recently, wouldn't be surprised if Capcom hold an open beta weekend or something to give their servers one more stress test before launch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

LoL you're joking right? You were a Third strike player so SF4 was 100% more clunky and very very slow, in comparison.
    These comments always surface when new iteration of a series comes out.
    It's not fair to compare SF5 to Ultra either, compare it to SF4 Vanilla.

SF4 was awfully slow. If it wasnt for FADC mechanism it would have died very quickly.

Advertisement