Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Street Fighter V: Despite all his ragé he's still just a rat in a Kage

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

So I somehow (don't know how) managed a 4 in a row streak.

... Nearly a full bottle of wine in me too!

Then I got hamster by a German playing as cammy. He was on a 7 in a row streak. 8 now. Lol

There are some crazy good players online.

I mean I have had my head handed to me on more than a few occasions now.
    One particular guy just toyed with me before putting me away.

Still having fun though. Haven't come up against any Irish this evening and I've been in a few hours now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

Way too much dead time between games, this needs to be fixed. Not even a loading time issue.

What's with the favorite character thing? Why is there no char select screen for me to pick. Making me choose my character in options beforehand and having to change it in there before matches is dumb.

CC sweep needs to be removed ASAP, it's completely ridiculous, very annoying and goes against what Capcom's design choice was for this game.

Connection settings to 5 is setting me up vs opponents from around the world. Wut

inb4 "its just a beta". The game is out in a little over two weeks with this being the 4th beta, these issues should at least be fixed or be ready for a hotfix with a day 1 patch.

Other than that, I'm enjoying SF5 a lot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭Rob2D

Ramza wrote: »
    Way too much dead time between games, this needs to be fixed. Not even a loading time issue.

They put out a tweet advising to change your connection setting to 3-5 to get the fastest turnaround on matches. Some bug or something, they didn't elaborate.

Rob2D wrote: »
    They put out a tweet advising to change your connection setting to 3-5 to get the fastest turnaround on matches. Some bug or something, they didn't elaborate.

I was getting matches every 30 seconds or so. I thought that was pretty good tbh.

Sometimes it was longer in fairness but I thought the matchmaking was quite fast.

I got noticeable lag against pc players in particular which was a pain and it froze twice on me where I had to reboot.

But all of that said it is a beta.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,021 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

We had it set to five bar only and PS4 players only, we were on a 4G mobile data hotspot from my phone and still got matched up with Americans and PC players aplenty.

Think those settings are just for show right now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Misty Chaos

95% of my matches have been pretty solid this weekend though there I have had to put up with a few clip shows in there but there were the exception really.

To be quite honest, I haven't really noticed anything different with Laura between this beta and the last beta. I get a nagging sense her walk speed might be slightly faster but I can't be sure on that.

Fighting Zangief is a f***ing nightmare. That is all.

R. Mika is a pain too and while Karin can be a pain to deal with, I can see that she depends a lot on gimmicks which is something a lot of people will learn to deal with over time ( same can be said for everyone really. )

The fact that FANG isn't in this beta isn't surprising BUT it does leave me concerned that when we do finally get our hands on him in two weeks, he is going to be utterly broken / unbalanced as he's had no real time in the wild beforehand ( I already accept that he is probably going to be infuriating to play against, at least at first. Perfect character for Bush, really. :pac: )

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Flashdan

Hi, Sorry new around here.

Did anyone notice an imbalance in what characters were being played over the last beta?

I found I was mostly playing against Necalli. I think I saw Birdie once and Nash twice. Considering that Mike Ross did really well with Birdie and people like Infiltration and Tokido are playing Nash I was surprised not to see more of them. Most of all I did not see more of Ken! Except me getting murdered by everyone lol.

What did other people notice?

It's not an issue of finding matches, but an issue of having to go through so much unnecessary loading screens and dead time between games. Pre game loading time is too long, post game where it shows points/fight money etc still takes way too long, then ANOTHER loading screen just to put you back into training? And again, and again. It's a bit excessive. It's way too much unneeded dead time.

It's a bit excessive. It's way too much unneeded dead time.

Yeah a rematch button would be nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭J0hnick

Netplay is mostly good but when its bad, the rollback is insane. fought a Karin player earlier and I thought they gave her a teleport :eek:

• Advertisement

J0hnick wrote: »
    Netplay is mostly good but when its bad, the rollback is insane. fought a Karin player earlier and I thought they gave her a teleport :eek:

Karin is the worst in lag. It always seems to skip the frames of her dash so it does look like a teleport. And if she has v-trigger on, forget about it :pac:

Fought a pretty good Irish Laura earlier, name of Zenith. That character is scary :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭J0hnick

Karin is the worst in lag. It always seems to skip the frames of her dash so it does look like a teleport. And if she has v-trigger on, forget about it :pac:

Fought a pretty good Irish Laura earlier, name of Zenith. That character is scary :eek:

Speaking of Laura

SF5_Saggy_zpsu819qrdu.jpg

When Boob Physics go wrong! :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Fought him as well, he was good! That mixup on your wakeup with her projectile was tough to deal with.

Fought him as well, he was good! That mixup on your wakeup with her projectile was tough to deal with.

EX uppercut deals with it pretty well I found :P:pac:

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

I was playing Laura for the little time I got last night, she is seriously fun. Her VTrigger is super interesting, I really like it. Feels like wave dashing!

App will be ready soon too :D

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    I was playing Laura for the little time I got last night, she is seriously fun. Her VTrigger is super interesting, I really like it. Feels like wave dashing!

App will be ready soon too :D

I don't know how to fight her at all. It's so exciting/ weird being back at that place :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 531 ✭✭✭BanjoB

Chun is beast in this game. So different to her sf4 iteration.

Really like Laura too. My fighting game enthusiasm has returned!.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

I think I'm going to have to buy a PS4. The hype from this thread is infectious.

A-Trak wrote: »
    I think I'm going to have to buy a PS4. The hype from this thread is infectious.

Don't forget an arcade stick for that authentic feel. :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Macal

Capcom themselves have confirmed that Alex is the first of the DLC characters.

One week left.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Macal

Capcom themselves have confirmed that Alex is the first of the DLC characters.

One week left.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Hoping I can find a character similar to Abel amongst the DLC crowd.

So Capcom announces PS3 stick support for PS4, pretty great news. I wonder will there be any slight input lag when using these, or if a DS4 still needs to be connected while using a PS3 controller. Will be interesting to see how it plays out. Brook converters (circa 1f lag, which means nothing especially in a game with a 2f buffer) are still a great alternative also for people such as myself with 360 sticks, and I'm guessing the majority of the scene owns 360 peripherals and not PS3 ones.

Regarding fight money to unlock characters, 100K seems really steep? IIRC, during the betas you received 50 per win, which would level out to about 2000 wins per DLC character :eek: Maybe the final version will tweak the amount you win per match, or allow us other ways to earn more fight money. 100K once every 2 months isn't so bad I suppose

Or else stop being a cheap git and just pay for them :o

Regarding fight money

Well, as I understand it, you can earn fight money by doing the other modes as well right?

And as you say we'll have to wait and see what the final numbers are. But it seems a bit steep right now if nothing changes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

It's been said there will be dailies a la various F2P games with ingame currency so we'll be how much of a bonus doing those nets you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

They've mentioned that just clearing all the story modes will get you close to enough to buy the first character. Getting all that stuff done first will give you a two month buffer to save up for the next character, plus all the other crap.

Just playing for free likely won't get you enough to buy all characters, costumes and stages, but I'd say if you play the game a LOT you will be able to at least buy most characters as they launch purely on accumulated FM.

Side note, here's the super boring main theme song for the game: http://picosong.com/8Ha9/#

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

They've mentioned that just clearing all the story modes will get you close to enough to buy the first character. Getting all that stuff done first will give you a two month buffer to save up for the next character, plus all the other crap.

Just playing for free likely won't get you enough to buy all characters, costumes and stages, but I'd say if you play the game a LOT you will be able to at least buy most characters as they launch purely on accumulated FM.

Side note, here's the super boring main theme song for the game: http://picosong.com/8Ha9/#

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Speedhaak

There are rumours doing the rounds that a day one patch enables old PS3 TEs to work with SFV :( Anyway, I've bought a Hori Kai and I have 450 bucks set aside for next Tuesday when I shall swoop into my local GameStop and purchase thyself a PS4 and a copy of SFV.

Hyped ta ****!

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Speedhaak

There are rumours doing the rounds that a day one patch enables old PS3 TEs to work with SFV :( Anyway, I've bought a Hori Kai and I have 450 bucks set aside for next Tuesday when I shall swoop into my local GameStop and purchase thyself a PS4 and a copy of SFV.

Hyped ta ****!

• Advertisement

Speedhaak wrote: »

Hyped ta ****!

Here here!! Hyped ta **** indeed.

Really looking forward to full release now.

The Beta was loads of fun but felt like I was being teased.

I'm just sick that I'll be away around the launch date so won't get to play it till the Sunday!! booooofreakinurns!!!!

Advertisement