Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Street Fighter V: Despite all his ragé he's still just a rat in a Kage

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

bush wrote: »
    Games poo

I'm actually waiting to hear from this forum before shelling out. I haven't played any beta and want to know is it worth it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,721 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

FutureGuy wrote: »
    I'm actually waiting to hear from this forum before shelling out. I haven't played any beta and want to know is it worth it.

That's Bush's reaction to everything :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

60 in Smyth's

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Online servers are down for most people. Its driving all the twitch lads mad. :P

I don't really mind as my new controller hasn't arrived yet so. I'm playing the waiting game! Playing with the ps4 pad is just....weird. A lot of people are grinding out the single player for fight money. The A.I. is set to super easy by default. They just stand there as you combo them. :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

bush wrote: »
    Games poo

its not for folks that started playing street fighter when 4 was first released

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Servers are a nightmare at the moment!

My new fightstick has been delayed by Amazon as well!

Servers are a nightmare at the moment!

My new fightstick has been delayed by Amazon as well!

Why did I bother with the half hour round trip to Smyth's?

p21Vpdx.jpg

Venom stick raring to go... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Speedhaak

Disappointing start, so then?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Has anyone checked the price in store in Argos, usually Ps4 games get a price cut for the the first 3 days, strange that it's 69.99 on the site.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Anyone else notice the input shortcuts have been tightened up in the final version?

I'm noticing supers only coming out when I actually do the correct motion and that makes me happy.

EDIT: Tested a bit with Cammy there, DP inputs are unfortunately still lenient but at least the buffer doesn't seem to hold the inputs nearly as long as before so it should rarely be a problem.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,450 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Played for a few hours last night. the ps4 controller is definitely not comfortable to use. plenty of inputs not being picked up, partially me I'm sure but i'm at the point of considering buying a stick.

Single player is very very sparse. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

22 fights in to survival, disconnect.

Sigh.

22 fights in to survival, disconnect.

Sigh.

Seems like the norm, just chalking it up hopefully to it being day one and the servers being hammered, got up to 20 and the same thing happened.

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

RedXIV wrote: »
    Played for a few hours last night. the ps4 controller is definitely not comfortable to use. plenty of inputs not being picked up, partially me I'm sure but i'm at the point of considering buying a stick.

Single player is very very sparse. :(

Plenty of great players are pad warriors. Don't blame the tools, practise more.

I'm a pad guy but hes right on the money with the ps4 pad. To be honest I have no idea how Hound does it.

Kirby wrote: »
    I'm a pad guy but hes right on the money with the ps4 pad. To be honest I have no idea how Hound does it.

I tried the PS4 pad on the most recent beta, I nearly flung it at the wall... :) - its fine for FPS and general games though I find...

Are you gonna go with a hori pad?

Actually could anyone recommend a good fight stick for around E100 or less preferably?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,721 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Xenji wrote: »
    Actually could anyone recommend a good fight stick for around E100 or less preferably?

Venom stick, then save up for Sanwa buttons.

Alt suggestion: your existing stick + Brook converter.

Fieldog wrote: »
    I tried the PS4 pad on the most recent beta, I nearly flung it at the wall... :) - its fine for FPS and general games though I find...

Are you gonna go with a hori pad?

I have a new madcatz fightpad ordered. Should be arriving tomorrow. If I like it, that's what ill use. if I don't like it, ill get a hori alright.

I have a new madcatz fightpad ordered. Should be arriving tomorrow. If I like it, that's what ill use. if I don't like it, ill get a hori alright.

Just had a look there on the madcatz site, looks decent alright, the Hori one seems like it would lack the extra 2 buttons on the face of the pad so you probably made the right decision going with the madcatz...

• Advertisement

Nono, the hori commander 4 has the same amount of face buttons. see?

main_f.jpg

Nono, the hori commander 4 has the same amount of face buttons. see?

main_f.jpg

Oh cool, I was looking at a different one!

Looks good also... :)

Anyway, just logged in for first time, did the intro thingy, started story mode, did a one round fight with Ryu, the game went to load Birdie and then :

PPirygy.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭J0hnick

Street Fighter 5 rage quitters are just as bad now as SF4 was in 2009, as in there's no penalty for it! (yet). Beat 12 guys in a row but only showed a 9 win streak cause 3 rage quit (all PS4 players), finally lost against a good player in my 13th match but was denied the 10 win streak achievement :( . Need to sort this out soon, still, great game though :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 531 ✭✭✭BanjoB

Can anyone confirm that the day one patch allows us to use existing PS3 fight sticks??

Anyone else not able to get an online match, been nearly an hour now and nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

**** survival mode.

That is all.

Really enjoying it, really shaping up to be a true successor to Street Fighter 2 and not that slow muck sf4 ;)

BanjoB wrote: »
    Can anyone confirm that the day one patch allows us to use existing PS3 fight sticks??
    there is an option in the settings

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Placebo wrote: »
    Really enjoying it, really shaping up to be a true successor to Street Fighter 2 and not that slow muck sf4 ;)

Game is going to play significantly slower than sf4 by the looks of thing, not sure what game you're playing!

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    Game is going to play significantly slower than sf4 by the looks of thing, not sure what game you're playing!

I've only played as chun :pac:
    Block stun's dont seem as bad as SF4. It feels more responsive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,857 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Seems like the beta was a complete waste of time, servers are DOA. Would be annoyed if I bought this

Advertisement