Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Street Fighter V: Despite all his ragé he's still just a rat in a Kage

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

ShaneU wrote: »
    Seems like the beta was a complete waste of time, servers are DOA. Would be annoyed if I bought this

I have given up on it for the day after over 3 hours of not being able to get a match online.

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

DLC Price Listing is out.

Characters are 100,000 FM or 600 Zeny
    Story Costumes are 40,000 FM
    Premium Costumes are 400 Zeny

100 Zeny = $1 which I imagine will translate to €1 over here.

Have completed story mode which is a requirement to unlock the story costumes and having done 2 beginner trails and one normal trail plus about 5 matches total online I have about 186,000 FM, which pretty much means 2 free characters at this point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Yeah, the characters are remarkably low priced. You'll easily never have to pay extra for DLC characters if you don't want any of the costumes and play even semi regularly until the last character is released .
    I wonder what the ratio of zenny-only content to general Fight Money content will be when the store launches.

They've actually totally pulled down the servers for a few hours right now to try and fix the matchmaking. Hopefully it'll be properly sorted by the time y'all log in tomorrow.

Also, most importantly: R.Mika Buttslap Fix Mod

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Priorities! :P

I just cleared all the stories and Easy Survivor tiers (plus Normal with Mika) and ended with 26500 Fight Money. That's not counting any FM I got from ranked matches.
    Earning enough for at least most of the DLC characters should be no problem, especially when they roll out the daily challenges and ****.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭Rob2D

I just can't do survival. I got as far as HELL 27 with Ken and I can honestly say I never want to see that mode again. I'm pretty p****d off they locked all the colours behind Hard survival. Hopefully you'll be able to purchase them at some stage.

That DLC pricing isn't too bad at all. But I'll probably just get the season pass and keep my fight money for costumes and stuff.

Shame about the servers. That coupled with the lack of content clearly shows they should have held on to this for another few months. I reckon it's because the end of the their fiscal year is nearly here and they needed the game out to give themselves a bit of a boost.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Its working ok for me now.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭blag

Where do I enter my CC details to get blue Bison, I'm never sitting through 50 AI matches.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,021 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

I did 29 matches in Normal mode yesterday with braindead AI and then match 30 is Bison with good AI.

I lost.

So frustrating.

Aye, the way it switches from totally stupid AI to actually not awful AI for the last few games of survival is mad annoying. You've been playing on complete auto pilot for 20 minutes and then suddenly need to switch to kinda actually playing.

• Advertisement

I have a feeling the AI starts to learn your patterns. I know there were some racing games that did that before with ghosts. It'd be interesting if that was the case.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Amazon were playing silly buggers with delivery happening the 26th of Feb!!

So I cancelled and picked it up in Argos for €55 today.

Really looking forward to getting home and playing it a few hours.

Doesn't sound like I missed much yesterday with server issues etc..

Never really got into 4. Not even sure what it was but it never grabbed me for long.

Loved the beta for V though so hope I can really get stuck in.

... Just home put it in and I forgot about the ****ing update!!

God damn it when will a game come ready to ****ing go!!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Error 21009. Happy days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

Dont understand why it needs to connect to server at the very start - what if your internet is down
    also kicked me out of training saying lost connection from servers....

i dont even have fight request on

Update finally downloaded and now error.

I can play offline but won't earn fight money so nearly thinking what's the point other than wanting to play of course!

Pain in the hole

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Placebo wrote: »
    Dont understand why it needs to connect to server at the very start - what if your internet is down

You will get kicked out of any mode if you lose connection with the servers.

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭ladnopoka

Probably the most unfinished game I've ever played in my life. But gameplay is fun. Now lets see how it's played in tournaments :D

ladnopoka wrote: »
    Probably the most unfinished game I've ever played in my life. But gameplay is fun. Now lets see how it's played in tournaments :D

Destiny begs to differ.

Got logged in eventually.

When the servers aren't being an ass it is just beautiful to look at and buttery smooooth

Anyway to change your flag? I set mine to ivory coast by accident :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Ken B

Bought this yesterday and decided to bring my Vega out of retirement (and give FANG a spin)....after 3hrs of trying to get a fight online in vain I thought 'WTF???'

I'm beginning to regret choosing the PS4 (for this) over the Xbox One (Halo 5), there's a great game in there somewhere...but God knows, they don't seem to have found it yet...:(

I would have actually hoped for more from the Beta(which I avoided).

Anyways, hope all you guys are good!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭ladnopoka

I think there are more Ivory Coast flags than Irish online atm?

Placebo wrote: »

It wants you to connect because it tracks all your fight money and **** online only. Having an option to just go straight to offline for those not planning to do any Fight Money modes would be a great thing though.
    Just some toggle in the options menu that you can set to auto login or ask for a prompt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

Sairus wrote: »
    It wants you to connect because it tracks all your fight money and **** online only. Having an option to just go straight to offline for those not planning to do any Fight Money modes would be a great thing though.
    Just some toggle in the options menu that you can set to auto login or ask for a prompt.

i think technology has come far and beyond - even web apps can work in offline now. It can store your progress in a session and upload it on connection. Cannot really ask you to be online all the time, thats ridiculous !

What about tournaments? EVO? all those machines on 1 wifi?

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Speedhaak

Destiny begs to differ.

Got logged in eventually.

When the servers aren't being an ass it is just beautiful to look at and buttery smooooth

No, this is way worse. Haven't managed more than two or three games currently, due to connection issues, lag, getting disconnected, the game freezing ect ect..

Speedhaak wrote: »
    No, this is way worse. Haven't managed more than two or three games currently, due to connection issues, lag, getting disconnected, the game freezing ect ect..

Yeah look it's not good and believe me I was very frustrated not getting to play a lot last night but let's hope it's just teething problems and will be sorted out soon.

As for Destiny I don't know did you play it a lot but as someone who has played around 250 hours of it believe me it had issues from the get go. Servers, lag, disconnects, etc... Some of that long after release date too! So damn addictive though I forgave it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Havent been really following Street Fighter for the last few years. A friend had it on their yesterday. Whats the story with 5? How come so many characters are missing?

No Blanca, E.Honda, Guile!? Loads missing and some of the ones they have in, I've never even heard of.

Also can anyone explain the PS4 and PC exclusivity? Seems odd to have it on PC but not Xbox?

joe123 wrote: »
    Havent been really following Street Fighter for the last few years. A friend had it on their yesterday. Whats the story with 5? How come so many characters are missing?

No Blanca, E.Honda, Guile!? Loads missing and some of the ones they have in, I've never even heard of.

Also can anyone explain the PS4 and PC exclusivity? Seems odd to have it on PC but not Xbox?

Characters will be purchasable with fight money earned by playing the game or with real money.

They will be released as dlc in the coming months. No definates on characters but some of the older ones will most likely happen.

Xbox1 doesn't get it because it's poo.

Kidding. Money talks I suppose is the bottom line here. Sony paid the bucks to make it a system seller.

Will be interesting to see does it actually sell units. It would have for me if I didn't already own one but I'm not sure for others in particular casual fans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Characters will be purchasable with fight money earned by playing the game or with real money.

They will be released as dlc in the coming months. No definates on characters but some of the older ones will most likely happen.

Xbox1 doesn't get it because it's poo.

Kidding. Money talks I suppose is the bottom line here. Sony paid the bucks to make it a system seller.

Will be interesting to see does it actually sell units. It would have for me if I didn't already own one but I'm not sure for others in particular casual fans.

Thanks for the reply. I wouldn't call myself a die hard fan but would always have an interest in the series. Last one I owned was Street Fighter 4. I couldnt get over how empty the game looked when I was watching it yesterday.

Really disappointed with the lack of characters and especially the originals. It felt like a season pass or download only type game. Not a full price purchase.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,721 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

joe123 wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply. I wouldn't call myself a die hard fan but would always have an interest in the series. Last one I owned was Street Fighter 4. I couldnt get over how empty the game looked when I was watching it yesterday.

Really disappointed with the lack of characters and especially the originals. It felt like a season pass or download only type game. Not a full price purchase.

Street Fighter V lauched with more characters than Street Fighter II, Street Fighter Alpha, or Street Fighter III did.

Also the characters are very diverse.

p.s. fúck Blanka

• Advertisement

K.O.Kiki wrote: »

Also the characters are very diverse.

p.s. fúck Blanka

Yeah the little I've seen I quite like the new roster. Played a couple of matches with necalli last night. Cool character, looking forward to giving him more of a go later.

And I think I'll be using rashid a good bit. Some very strong moves and nimble too.

I was always a ryu/ken player till now (more ken now as I like his move set over ryu) so it's nice to be looking at new characters.

And poor blanka. Lovable green divil. What did he ever do to you?!

Also I hear people saying its bare bones but is it just me or is it not about getting online and playing 1 v 1?

All I really care about is the servers working and no lag so I can have a decent match up against another human being.

There's more than enough characters to warrant a full price release imo once the servers etc work which they will soon.

Advertisement