Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Street Fighter V: Despite all his ragé he's still just a rat in a Kage

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Aye, the loading times are truly ridiculous going between modes on Battle Request. They're bad on my PC so I can only imagine them on the apparently much slower PS4 version :/

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭Constant Markievicz

Rob2D wrote: »
    OK I am so p****d off right now it's unbearable. I'm like a race car in the red. Every match I win, it fails to upload results to the server. But every one I lose, it takes my points no problem. WTF is going on?

Is it rage quitters or are the servers still s***ing themselves or what? I've been robbed of about 10 victories at this stage and it's not on.

I can't be the only one?

I've had the exact same thing happen to me- it's really frustrating. It seems to happen more on bad connections. I've also had matches where neither player's level or points appear. Sometimes I'll get points for the win on those, and sometimes I won't. I remember a similar problem happening during the betas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭Rob2D

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Solution: Forget about online points.
    Go to an offline casuals session :)

No scene in Clare I'm afraid.

But it's the fight money I'm being done out of as well.

Look's like we'll all have to play survival until the March patch :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Macal

correct me if I'm wrong, but has Alex been confirmed to be 100,000 Fight Money if you want to buy him from the in-game shop?

Just spent this morning doing all the individual character stories. Ugh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Solution: Forget about online points.
    Go to an offline casuals session :)
    Until winning ranked matches stops directly relating to being able to unlock stuff via Fight Money you can **** off with that Holier Than Thou attitude.

I've lost a ton of points from matches failing to record my wins. I don't care about my rank at all, but I know how frustrating it can be.
    Macal wrote: »
    correct me if I'm wrong, but has Alex been confirmed to be 100,000 Fight Money if you want to buy him from the in-game shop?
    Yup. 100k for characters, 40k for story mode costumes.

Side note re: loading times. Ever compare how much faster the game is when you go offline? There's far fewer dead black screens as you go in and out of modes. I've noticed the square loading icon is actually server stuff and the circle one is game loading stuff.
    Server updating seems to take an age, and I don't know why it's doing stuff even when I'm just popping in and out of training mode or whatever.

• Advertisement

So I'm reading the collector's guide right, and there's this little section in the back with unused character concepts. At one point in time Laura looked more like MK9 Mileena with all the bandages. And her skill was that she could remove items of clothing and the more exposed she was, the damage she'd do.

Capcom pls :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Entire day of error 40003. Bravo capcom

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Utter disaster for Capcom and especially Sony. Billed as the ultimate 1-on-1 experience, you can't even play the thing. It was being hyped as something everyone with a PS4 should buy but copies are now being traded back in in droves.

Inexcusable.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 daltronica

Sairus wrote: »

Side note re: loading times. Ever compare how much faster the game is when you go offline? There's far fewer dead black screens as you go in and out of modes. I've noticed the square loading icon is actually server stuff and the circle one is game loading stuff.
    Server updating seems to take an age, and I don't know why it's doing stuff even when I'm just popping in and out of training mode or whatever.

Yes, thanks for the tip. If you pop offline, you can jump in and out of training in 10 seconds. That's grand.

For the 95% of Irish owners who don't regularly attend offline casuals, I definitely see why they'd be pissed off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,721 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Sairus wrote: »
    Until winning ranked matches stops directly relating to being able to unlock stuff via Fight Money you can **** off with that Holier Than Thou attitude.

I've lost a ton of points from matches failing to record my wins. I don't care about my rank at all, but I know how frustrating it can be.

I confess, I've only played ~5 games online.

Because PC port only recognises one of my sticks.
    That I lent to someone else.
    :mad:

I confess, I've only played ~5 games online.

Because PC port only recognises one of my sticks.
    That I lent to someone else.
    :mad:

I use antimicro to map mine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Its going offline at 9 tonight for 3 hours

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

I felt bad that I couldn't buy this day 1 because I wouldn't have been able to play it.

But this topic is making me feel 100% happy to be a late adopter to the PC version at some point in the future.

Maybe....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

I felt bad that I couldn't buy this day 1 because I wouldn't have been able to play it.

But this topic is making me feel 100% happy to be a late adopter to the PC version at some point in the future.

Maybe....
    I'm happy with the game to be honest. I don't care about arcade mode or whatever and I've had virtually no lag in every match ive played.

Matchmaking takes too long....that's my complaint but apart from that its fine in my book so don't just go off the naysayers. Happy people are less likely to post.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Kirby wrote: »
    I'm happy with the game to be honest. I don't care about arcade mode or whatever and I've had virtually no lag in every match ive played.

Matchmaking takes too long....that's my complaint but apart from that its fine in my book so don't just go off the naysayers. Happy people are less likely to post.

Well aside from this topic, I don't know a single person who has bought it and is happy with the purchase/the game performance/etc.

I have other games to play. I'll get this in a sale later for cheap when they've fixed all these problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭blag

Well aside from this topic, I don't know a single person who has bought it and is happy with the purchase/the game performance/etc.

I have other games to play. I'll get this in a sale later for cheap when they've fixed all these problems.

I'm very happy with the game. I've played significantly more offline than online but the time I have spent online has been okay for me with the exception of waiting time between games.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Speedhaak

It is a shame the game has gotten off to such a bad start. Hopefully tonights maintenance will help with a lot of the issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 daltronica

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Utter disaster for Capcom and especially Sony. Billed as the ultimate 1-on-1 experience, you can't even play the thing. It was being hyped as something everyone with a PS4 should buy but copies are now being traded back in in droves.

Inexcusable.

I can only speak for myself, but this is the thing that most bothers me. Anyone picking up this game for the first time is going to have a bad first impression. I can deal with it, wait it out. I've played really disappointing first iterations of SF many times (Alpha was the right word for that game), but it feels like Capcom have shot themselves in the foot with a bazooka. Reminiscent of the botched WiiU launch, it's more in perception and marketing that the damage is done. It's a great game. Just hope this is all overblown? Are people trading this back in droves? Link below for sales. Makes sense seeing as it's ps4 only. Next few weeks will tell.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/call-of-duty-black-ops-3-sets-record-for-uk-sales-/1100-6434966/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,721 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

daltronica wrote: »
    I can only speak for myself, but this is the thing that most bothers me. Anyone picking up this game for the first time is going to have a bad first impression. I can deal with it, wait it out. I've played really disappointing first iterations of SF many times (Alpha was the right word for that game), but it feels like Capcom have shot themselves in the foot with a bazooka. Reminiscent of the botched WiiU launch, it's more in perception and marketing that the damage is done. It's a great game. Just hope this is all overblown? Are people trading this back in droves? Link below for sales. Makes sense seeing as it's ps4 only. Next few weeks will tell.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/call-of-duty-black-ops-3-sets-record-for-uk-sales-/1100-6434966/
    This table does not include digital sales data
    :pac:

Considering people pre-ordered for the Chun/Cammy costumes, I don't think this chart is indicative of anything.

Also, please find a valid source for "lots of people are trading in SFV" because that's just scare-mongering.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

daltronica wrote: »
    Are people trading this back in droves?
    Also, please find a valid source for "lots of people are trading in SFV" because that's just scare-mongering.

One of these things is not like the other. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,021 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

One of these things is not like the other. :pac:

He meant to quote FutureGuy who did say that people were trading it back in droves.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Flashdan

Cex doesn't seem to have too many. Only 5 in total.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭airmax87

Am I a scrub for not liking this game ? :)

Considering people pre-ordered for the Chun/Cammy costumes, I don't think this chart is indicative of anything.

A valid source. Friends in the games retail industry across the country. Will that do? So it is not scaremongering in the slightest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

bush wrote: »
    Its going offline at 9 tonight for 3 hours

FFS !!!!!!! SF5 killed my ps4, so i just got a new one today - downloading the 5GB update. Going offline means you cant even train? sort out the connection bollox when playing offline

Placebo wrote: »
    FFS !!!!!!! SF5 killed my ps4, so i just got a new one today - downloading the 5GB update. Going offline means you cant even train? sort out the connection bollox when playing offline

You can still do practice mode, versus mode, etc. offline. Good time to do the story mode, I suppose.

A valid source. Friends in the games retail industry across the country. Will that do? So it is not scaremongering in the slightest.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Redvii

Macal wrote: »
    You can still do practice mode, versus mode, etc. offline. Good time to do the story mode, I suppose.

I think you miss out on ~150,000 Fight Money doing story mode offline - so I'd stick to training or versus.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

pretty sure i got kicked out of training last time because it lost connection to servers

Advertisement