Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Street Fighter V: Despite all his ragé he's still just a rat in a Kage

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,021 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Placebo wrote: »
    pretty sure i got kicked out of training last time because it lost connection to servers

It kicks you out of any mode you're in, which should be patched.

If you start a mode in an offline state, you can play as long as you want, but you don't earn any FM or EXP, because they decided not to store your session details offline and upload when a connection is available.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Just about to get a third win in a row and boom go the servers!!

**** you Capcom!!!!!!!!

Only kidding.

Hope they sort it all out soon though as when it's working it's fantastic fun.

Ps .. I'm loving my Hori Kai. Only for you guys I'd never have bought that. Really helps the experience.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

any1 here want some games tonight? - wanna test my connection - all my matches have been teleport lag fest so far

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Macal

Placebo wrote: »
    any1 here want some games tonight? - wanna test my connection - all my matches have been teleport lag fest so far

Can possibly do some tonight around 10-12.

PSN:Irish-Akuma13
    CFN:ElNeilo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,450 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Should be on tonight also. First time back in about a week, I think I really need to get a stick to enjoy this, Dualshock 4 just isn't doing it for me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭BigStupidGuy

Do you guys agree with this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

So many high ranked rage quitters!

Servers are a lot better today. Small loading times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Do you guys agree with this?

Could you summarise his points for people who don't care to watch the vid?

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭BigStupidGuy

No I wont do that sorry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,450 ✭✭✭RedXIV

• It should have been a multi-console game
    • He approves of Sony allowing it to come to PC
    • He is talking about the divide in critic reviews and customer reviews
    • Doesn't believe professional reviewers are paid to review as it's got good mechanics
    • Compares the game to the Beta basically
    • Game is lacking and this is a trend in modern games
    • Compares SFV to MKX and Killer Instinct and points out the vast difference in content
    • At Launch "This game is Early Access, or a Beta" in a few months it will have the content to be a full game
    • Reviewers are reviewing it as "the game it will be" vs users reviewing it "as it is now"
    • Loves Street Fighter as a series but was let down by the game even though it's a robust foundation
    • A modern figher game needs all the additional modes to be successful,"It should have been the Street Fighter version of Mortal Kombat X"
    • The hardcore fans wanted a bigger game
    • This is an example of whats wrong with gaming today
    • Capcom as a publisher with a great legacy, sponsered by Sony should have ensured this game was full to the brim of features
    • pls comment on my video
    • If you're thinking of buying Street Fighter 5, just wait 3 months

Random notes while listening to video

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Danonino.

So many high ranked rage quitters!

Servers are a lot better today. Small loading times.

They seem high ranked because they quit. Came across a Ken who no lies had nothing but jump in and throw. Anti air and teched perfect second round, ran away.
    It's annoying but they'll put in some sort of penalty I guess.

I got bronze. Yay... I think.

Bit of lag this evening but 90% of it has been smooth thankfully.

... Damn it scratch that. I lost a couple of matches and now I'm a rookie again lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭Rob2D

I don't know how they're matching people up right now but I sure as hell am not getting 4-5 bar matches.

And yes, the rage quitting is REAL. I've lost count at this stage. Hopefully they can implement something to combat it.

I've only had one rage quit.

Set to five bars only and most matches are great connections.

Cross play against PC users produces the laggy matches for me.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

I've only had one rage quit.

Set to five bars only and most matches are great connections.

Cross play against PC users produces the leggy matches for me.

Similar experience for me. I get about 1 in 10 bad matches and they're nearly all PC. I get one rage quitter a session roughly but I got the same in USF4 so no change there :D

I've found the same with cross play, have restricted my games to PS4 only for the moment.

I've found the same with cross play, have restricted my games to PS4 only for the moment.

That option doesn't seem to be working, unless the maintenance the other night fixed it.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

RedXIV wrote: »
    [*]It should have been a multi-console game

Capcom Pro Tour would not exist in its current form among other things if so. So, no for me as I've enjoyed the CPT events immensely I've been to.
    [*]He approves of Sony allowing it to come to PC

I'm sure they're delighted :D
    [*]He is talking about the divide in critic reviews and customer reviews

Review scores stopped be relevant for me a long time ago. I know more about FGs than 99% of people reviewing them, and when I realised that I realised I should ask experts in a given genre what THEY think of a game before buying it instead, instead of people who have 10 games they have to play for 3 hours then bang out 1,000 words.

If someone asked me- and they have- I would tell them if they don't want to go online, or play local, not to bother yet. I tell them if they're all about the multiplayer, it's awesome fun. Which it is.

[*]Doesn't believe professional reviewers are paid to review as it's got good mechanics

Neither do I. Not directly anyway. As a partnered youtuber I'm aware there is constant opportunity to go to the dark side if you want though.
    [*]Compares the game to the Beta basically

It's no beta but clearly it's following the destiny model. From my pespective, they got the minimum viable product for the CPT out, and the rest will be patched in with the DLC over time to ensure people are kept interested. Personally, not a massive fan of that, but there you go. They got to try to find a way to minimise the "URGH Super Street Fighter alpha turbo hyper champion edition" moaning. Competitive players want their annual rebalance. That's got to be paid for somehow. They get moaned at when they do multiple disc releases. They got moaned at for releasing yearly DLC. So what do they do?
    [*]Game is lacking and this is a trend in modern games

Depends what you're looking for, but for some demographics (casual players) it certainly is. I'm disappointed; but not for me. I thoroughly enjoy playing SFV.

[*]Compares SFV to MKX and Killer Instinct and points out the vast difference in content

MK yes but KI was bare bones when it launched. Then again Capcom do other things much better than MK (netcodes been woeful on all of them from what I hear, severe balance issues needing constant patching, etc etc.). A perfect game would be MK's single player with SF's combat mechanics; that would probably require a herculean amount of work though.
    [*]At Launch "This game is Early Access, or a Beta" in a few months it will have the content to be a full game

Game is plenty fun for me and being honest all new content outside of balance/ characters will be a momentary distraction.
    [*]Reviewers are reviewing it as "the game it will be" vs users reviewing it "as it is now"

If so that's a bit crap, but as mentioned above why give a damn about reviews?
    [*]Loves Street Fighter as a series but was let down by the game even though it's a robust foundation

I don't care about anything else really as long as the training mode and multiplayer- online and off- works, and for me it does. The rest is decoration. The difference here is that I don't think everyone should agree with me and accept other people want that stuff.

[*]A modern figher game needs all the additional modes to be successful,"It should have been the Street Fighter version of Mortal Kombat X"

Completely incorrect based on the model Capcom/Sony are chasing. They want to grow SF into an esport. The type of game they are building needs to engage and entertain a competitive scene. That's also a modern fighter, just a different type.

How many people were at evo for MK compared to SFIV? They're different scenes.
    [*]The hardcore fans wanted a bigger game

I seriously doubt he's a more hardcore fan of SF than I am and I don't care, but disappointed that the content other people wanted is not there to snare them in.
    [*]This is an example of whats wrong with gaming today

Speaking as someone who's getting support directly from Capcom because of this game, to help our local scene, he can shag off with this one. If they're everything that's wrong with gaming today, try getting support from Namco or Sega for a gaming tournament for their properties.
    [*]Capcom as a publisher with a great legacy, sponsered by Sony should have ensured this game was full to the brim of features

To him, to me I'm happy a working SFV is here in time for CPT. To me, that's ensuring the games legacy.
    [*]If you're thinking of buying Street Fighter 5, just wait 3 months

Not going to hurt anyone if you do that!

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭blag

That option doesn't seem to be working, unless the maintenance the other night fixed it.

Doesn't work for me and cross play is usually where I run into issues.

Weird, it works for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Danonino.

The complaints about content in reviews is reminding me of splatoon. That got a similar blasting on release, its packed to the gills now though.
    It's gonna be grand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

I take my losses like I should.....and yet when I win my opponents dashboard and I get nothing. :rolleyes:

Got so fed up I just started playing lobbies. Faster games, you learn more, and your opponent isn't an arse.

On the plus side my fightpad finally arrived a week later. Reviews weren't kidding, the dpad is awful. It has an analog stick though which I'm using and it works okay. I think i'll either learn on the analog or use an adapter for my old pad.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

Ranked is a nightmare at the minute for rage quitting, I run into it quite a bit and it's frustrating. Mostly it's GGs but people who ragequit are absolute cünts who ruin it for everyone else. A punishment system needs to be implemented ASAP (low priority queue, 100pt penalty for rage quitting etc).

Also, not sure if it's just me but battle lounge flags never seem to show/ping for me when I search for lobbies. All I see are white SFV logos. Kinda annoying.

Seems I've been lucky with rage quitters. 9 times out of 10 I've got good connection and players who stick with it.

Problem I have is that there are some incredibly goo players just ****ing with me. I just got my head handed to me by a ryu a moment ago.

I know I'm a casual level player but holy **** some people are insanely good at this game.

Fought an Irish lad this evening, think he posts on here ayjayirl? GG dude.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭OniKen

Is anyone else (PC) having problems running the game? My pc is ether at the recommended or above the specs needed but the frame rate is skipping pretty bad, as if I'm playing someone with one bar... even when its offline and on a low graphics setting. (Other games I have work fine). Also it won't find me a match online... although I don't think I'd want one with the way its running -_-'.

The beta worked fine for me when it was out.

Windows 10 64-bit
    Intel Core i5
    8 GB DDR3 RAM
    Nvidia GTX 970
    DirectX 11

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

OniKen wrote: »
    My pc is ether at the recommended or above the specs needed but the frame rate is skipping pretty bad, as if I'm playing someone with one bar... even when its offline and on a low graphics setting.

Windows 10 64-bit
    Intel Core i5
    8 GB DDR3 RAM
    Nvidia GTX 970
    DirectX 11

A couple of things to check:
    First make sure your graphics card is actually being used by the game. Open up your NVIDIA Control Panel, then go into 'Manage 3D Settings'. Find SF5 in the drop down box and select your NVIDIA card as the preferred option.

Second if you're using a laptop, make sure it's plugged in while playing. Even when I force mine to run at maximum settings on battery it cuts the frame rate in half until I plug it in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

https://twitter.com/Yoshi_OnoChin/status/702651929743077377
    Ono wrote:
    We'll be announcing information about SFV's next patch within next few days.I am terribly sorry, but please wait momentarily.

Hopefully there'll be fixes for non XInput sticks and a RQ solution in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭OniKen

Sairus wrote: »
    A couple of things to check:
    First make sure your graphics card is actually being used by the game. Open up your NVIDIA Control Panel, then go into 'Manage 3D Settings'. Find SF5 in the drop down box and select your NVIDIA card as the preferred option.

Thanks, ill try it out

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

There is absolutely no excuse for releasing a fighting game in 2016 without punishent for quitters. None.

Advertisement