Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Street Fighter V: Despite all his ragé he's still just a rat in a Kage

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Waitasec
    Azza wrote: »
    For all those people sick of getting rage quiters try hosting games and playing with Irish players.

List of CFN for Irish/Northern Irish Players

JunDP101
    TheDoombaGoomba
    brianvondoom

Wha?

TheDoombaGoomba

Oh hell no, that word is mine!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

1st time playing in about a week now and 2nd game in a ranked match and the ****er rage quits.

Seriously what is the point?

And Capcom why is this not punished?

Also te wait between matches seems to have gotten worse. I have it set at whatever the default is too so I'm not necessarily looking for only players with great quality connection.

Just played a guy called "uselessdave" from Ireland.

He wasn't great but he didn't rage quit!

And another rage quit. That's it I'm done with ranked until that's fixed. ****in stupid.

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭J0hnick

9Rvptts.jpg

Finally did it, even if I pulled half my hair out!.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭Rob2D

J0hnick wrote: »
    9Rvptts.jpg

Finally did it, even if I pulled half my hair out!.

Lunatic!

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

2CF0C320B74F573E1E7EC814561B873E1DE77980

I lost at level 54, 93, 87, 99, and 91 before eventually prevailing.
    But my title is so Shiney!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭J0hnick

I lost at level 54, 93, 87, 99, and 91 before eventually prevailing.
    But my title is so Shiney!

Judging from your time and score compared to mine, you clearly went in more, got more EX and CA finishes, and used less stat boosters. Did you get the "Veteran of Veterans" title as well or is it different for Bison ?.

I took Fireball zoning to piss taking levels to make it, there's a few rounds that were almost time outs :P

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

There seems to be a real improvement with finding online games, got around 12 in a 45 minute session, shame 19/12 were against Ryu and the other 3 were Necalli.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭SwarfegaHead

I've had a fair amount of matches since late last night/this morning. Made it up to Bronze then got beaten back down getting matched up against an English Ryu player like 6 matches in a row. My Laura is definitely improving but I have a terrible habit of panicking against players that really know what theyre doing, and all my actual skill goes out the window. Need to learn to keep calm and pay attention so I can react decently to my opponent. Baby steps!

Also those of you finishing challenge mode on Hell are madmen.

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

J0hnick wrote: »
    Judging from your time and score compared to mine, you clearly went in more, got more EX and CA finishes, and used less stat boosters. Did you get the "Veteran of Veterans" title as well or is it different for Bison ?.

I took Fireball zoning to piss taking levels to make it, there's a few rounds that were almost time outs :P

A lot of the time I'm just using J.HP, S.MP, C.MP xx MP.Infero over and over and when I have a meter to do an EX or CA I do them. Later on I start exploiting A.I patterns, Birde, Ryu and Zangief being the easiest to abuse.

I started using stat boosters around the 50-60 mark and up to that point only to restore health when it got below 50%.

Yeah first time completion net you the "Veteran of Veterans" title but you also got a unique title for your character as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,021 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Has everyone added themselves on this: http://sfv.fightinggame.community/

Will keep track of your stats for the world to see.

• Advertisement

10_alexscreens06.jpg

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2016/mar/10/first-look-alex-street-fighter-5-march-update-detailed/

No redesign for Alex much. Shame how they kinda gave up on that. Still looks cool anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

In that Alex update they showed an obscured picture of the store:

erklVlM.jpg

It's hard to make out, but you can see the first few letters of each tab through the Alex window. (You can see a full sized version here) A guy on reddit did a pretty convincing mockup of what he reckons the tabs are based on the positions of the visible letters:

ciXuyJV.png

Nothing really shocking there, but at least nice to know we probably will just be able to buy colors with FM.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,450 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Got to Super Bronze last night after a few matches of sweating buckets. I'm fairly resigned to never hitting the gold leagues :D

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Perfect! Can't beat a bit of dead pants

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Macal

So Alex's movelist looks like this. His movelist seems to be all motions and no charge from the looks of it.

Flash Chop. Heavy version can followed up with Power Bomb. Most likely will be his main combo tool and will absorb projectiles as before.

Power Bomb. Command grab. Self-explanatory.

Air Knee Smash. Anti-air.

Head Smash. No mention of the input for this, but probably will be either dpf+P or hcb+K. Think of it as a bootleg Stun Gun Headbutt.

V-Skill: Overhaul. Gives Alex a guaranteed counter hit on his next attack, provided it doesn't whiff or get blocked.

V-Trigger: Rage Shift. A single hit mid-long range attack with built-in armour. Causes guard crush on block.

Critical Art: Heavy Hammer. Sounds like a double qcf motion attack.

There is something really soul destroying about playing for 2 hours and losing every match online. Haven't felt this rage since i was a teenager :(

Did it! I won one! thank fcuk!

EDIT: Won my second match of the night and the prick rage quit on me!!!! ARGH! I hate the blasted game!!!!

Macal wrote: »
    So Alex's movelist looks like this. His movelist seems to be all motions and no charge from the looks of it.

Flash Chop. Heavy version can followed up with Power Bomb. Most likely will be his main combo tool and will absorb projectiles as before.

Power Bomb. Command grab. Self-explanatory.

Air Knee Smash. Anti-air.

Head Smash. No mention of the input for this, but probably will be either dpf+P or hcb+K. Think of it as a bootleg Stun Gun Headbutt.

V-Skill: Overhaul. Gives Alex a guaranteed counter hit on his next attack, provided it doesn't whiff or get blocked.

V-Trigger: Rage Shift. A single hit mid-long range attack with built-in armour. Causes guard crush on block.

Critical Art: Heavy Hammer. Sounds like a double qcf motion attack.

Full move list somewhere?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Macal

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    Full move list somewhere?

I got the info from a Capcom-Unity/Shoryuken article. No commands shown for the moves though, just going off educated guesses.

http://shoryuken.com/2016/03/11/at-ease-loser-get-more-info-on-alexs-return-in-street-fighter-v/

• Advertisement

Cool, thanks man

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 574 ✭✭✭TheMikenyan

Aw, no Flash Elbow or Stomp?

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Simon_K

street fighter story mode accused of being a bit too easy?

RedXIV wrote: »
    street fighter story mode accused of being a bit too easy?

Too easy? Or maybe the baby is just a savage.

Best SFV video that has been or ever will be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,857 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

I challenge you not to laugh at this :D

The thread title ended up being more appropriate than ever could have been imagined!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,021 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

PSN updates are normally on a Tuesday, so if we get this in March, it'll be on the 29th I reckon.

• Advertisement

PSN updates are normally on a Tuesday, so if we get this in March, it'll be on the 29th I reckon.

Well they've no choice now anyway. Unless they delay it. Now that would be funny.

Hier kommt Alex.......nicht?:pac:

Advertisement