Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Street Fighter V: Despite all his ragé he's still just a rat in a Kage

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,857 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

http://www.capcom-unity.com/haunts/blog/2016/03/24/sfv-march-update---release-date-and-new-details
    We have some exciting news to share today: the long awaited March update that contains Alex will be releasing next week in two separate drops. Hit the jump for more details!

The first drop will take place on March 28 (MON) and contains the following content:

Challenge Mode
    Demonstrations: Learn the ins and outs of Street Fighter V through helpful demonstration and tutorial content. Contains content for each of the 16 characters, as well as advice geared towards players of all skill levels:
    Beginner Tutorials: 12 lessons covering, movement, normal attacks, special attacks, V-System, throws, counter hits, chip/recoverable damage, etc.
    Intermediate Tutorials: 11 lessons covering projectiles, invincibility frames, armor and armor break, recovery, cross-up attacks, anti-air options, etc.
    Advanced Tutorials: 4 lessons covering back dashing, frame advantage/disadvantage, combo potential, button priority, etc.
    Character Tutorials: 16 lessons covering each individual character.
    Trials: Put your skills to the ultimate test with combo trials for all 16 characters, ranging from basic to pro combos. Completing Trials will also earn you some extra Fight Money.
    Online Rematch Option
    Salty from a close loss online? Want revenge? Players can now play a 2/3 set in Ranked Match and Casual Matches, provided both players accept the rematch.

Battle Lounge Improvements
    Enjoy up to 8 person lobbies, complete with match spectating.
    Bug fixes and gameplay balancing
    Various game bugs have been fixed, along with minor gameplay balancing. For more details please see the previous post.

The second drop will take place on March 30 (WED) at 10AM PT and contains the following content:

Alex + related character story content
    In-Game Shop
    Fight Money Expenditure: Spend your hard earned Fight Money to purchase extra game content, such as DLC characters (100,000 FM each) and the Story Mode Costumes (40,000 FM each).

One feature that will not be making it into the March update will be the Zenny (real money) functionality of the in-game shop. We have taken a long hard look at this part of the store, and after much review, have decided it is not ready to launch just yet. As Zenny is purchased with real money, we wanted to be extra careful and make sure it’s fully tested and optimized before launching it. There is currently no ETA on the Zenny store and we will release it as soon as it’s ready.

We realize that this causes an inconvenience to fans who want to purchase the DLC characters, such as Alex, but do not have enough Fight Money or own the Season Pass. To address this, we will be making Alex available for free as a trial period to all players, until the Zenny shop launches. This also will apply to any future DLC character that releases prior to the Zenny shop launching. Once the Zenny shop launches, the free trial for any DLC characters that released prior to the Zenny shop opening will end, and players will need to either use Fight Money, Zenny, or the Season Pass to access those characters.

Any DLC character related content (such as costumes) that is purchased with Fight Money during the trial period will remain in your account once the trial period ends, but you’ll need to purchase Alex to use that content. The same goes for colors and character progress, etc. that are earned during the trial period; everything will be saved, you’ll just need to purchase the character to resume your progress once the trial period ends.

As a special bonus to our Season Pass users, they will be the only ones who will be able to access the premium costumes of the DLC characters until the Zenny shop launches, and they also get to keep character access once the free trial period ends. Additionally, we will be giving all Season Pass users a free, brand new stage in the near future!

Finally, as a way of saying thanks for everyone’s patience and understanding throughout the beta phases and game launch we will be making Ryu and Chun-Li’s story mode costumes available for free to all users on March 30 as well. This is an 80,000 Fight Money value, almost the full value of a DLC character.

Thank you for continuing to support Street Fighter V and we promise that the game will continue to improve from here on out. More new updates, fixes and support for other pressing issues like rage quitters are in the works and we hope to have more information to share soon.

Until next time!]

New update is out :D 6.2 GB :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,450 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Can't log in after downloading it?!

Edit: just checked, it's expected maintenance :(
    Hi Everyone, we will be bringing down the servers in 1 hr, from 10AM to 5PM PDT, for maintenance. Appreciate your patience & understanding

Dead for another hour at least :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

Alex Gameplay

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Love the way the patch went from nought to data mined in 5 minutes.

Have to say I'm flabbergasted by Capcom's (lack of) marketing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Finally got to play this game at the Rebellion @ the Roundy tournament this weekend past. Didn't get to try all the characters but it seems okay. Messed around briefly with Ryu, Necalli, Nash, Fang. My human opponents were also exclusively Laura players.

Haven't quite wrapped my mind around the v-skills, v-triggers and the wakeup roll. Those seem the most immediately different.

Not idea who I would main in a tournament situation. Ryu is a fun version of Ryu, Fang seems like the sort of super ridiculous villain character I like play for the flavour, and Nash has that Omega Deejay feel.

Finally got to play this game at the Rebellion @ the Roundy tournament this weekend past. Didn't get to try all the characters but it seems okay. Messed around briefly with Ryu, Necalli, Nash, Fang. My human opponents were also exclusively Laura players.

Haven't quite wrapped my mind around the v-skills, v-triggers and the wakeup roll. Those seem the most immediately different.

Not idea who I would main in a tournament situation. Ryu is a fun version of Ryu, Fang seems like the sort of super ridiculous villain character I like play for the flavour, and Nash has that Omega Deejay feel.

Honestly if any somewhat experienced SF player asked me who to start out with I'd say one of the shotos or necalli. Good reliable wake up reversals and AA are rarer in V than IV. It's not that I'm suggesting you go nuts with the DPs- that will 100% get you killed- but the threat of it will give you some breathing room while you figure out why Laura's shoulder thingy seems to be beating everything and why Karin seems to have 15 different rekkas.

Honestly if any somewhat experienced SF player asked me who to start out with I'd say one of the shotos or necalli. Good reliable wake up reversals and AA are rarer in V than IV. It's not that I'm suggesting you go nuts with the DPs- that will 100% get you killed- but the threat of it will give you some breathing room while you figure out why Laura's shoulder thingy seems to be beating everything and why Karin seems to have 15 different rekkas.

hate that stupid shoulder thing. :P Has taken me far longer than expected to learn to deal with.

RedXIV wrote: »
    hate that stupid shoulder thing. :P Has taken me far longer than expected to learn to deal with.

It's -5 on block according to SRK wiki. Even at range you should be able to stop her momentum with a jab or 2 to say "no"!

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Simon_K

hMlOQPO.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

CUPINE!???

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Chun-Li breast physics have been changed in the new patch.

Ok genuinely looking for advice now. Was trying some of the trials and in general I can get to trial 7 or 8 without too much difficulty.

However when I do the trials with Rashid, I can't get past the 5th which goes something like:
    HK
    <-M
    Quarter roll back and kick.

The demo makes it look as though the second move should cancel after the first hit but it always strikes twice for me which gives the opponent time to recover and block the final attack. Anyone got some tips on how to do it?

Appreciate it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

Ok genuinely looking for advice now. Was trying some of the trials and in general I can get to trial 7 or 8 without too much difficulty.

However when I do the trials with Rashid, I can't get past the 5th which goes something like:
    HK
    <-M

The demo makes it look as though the second move should cancel after the first hit but it always strikes twice for me which gives the opponent time to recover and block the final attack. Anyone got some tips on how to do it?

Appreciate it!

Press start and watch the demostartion

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Naphiel

HK
    <-M

Appreciate it!

Its crush counter hk, wait a tiny bit, forward mp (1 hit) special cancelled into the kick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,021 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

You just have to do the cancel very quickly on the first hit of the MP.

How much FM are colours in the Shop?

How much FM are colours in the Shop?
    Colour 10 is 10k, 11 is 5k, 12 is 2k

I'm hearing you can't use FM to unlock colours 3-10 and you have to reach certain character levels in order to get colours 11-15 with FM.

More nonsense from Capcom.

Meanwhile Tekken 7 will come out with a million customisation options that are free and present from day one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭Rob2D

Hey, I thought we were supposed to get access to the battle outfits????

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Rob2D wrote: »
    Hey, I thought we were supposed to get access to the battle outfits????

Premium costumes can only be purchased using Zenny, Capcom's currency that you buy with real money. For whatever reason, Capcom have said there's some issues with Zenny and they're not making it usable yet. Until it does, no Zenny Only items will be visible on the store.

The only exceptions are if you got preorder DLC codes for Battle Costumes (Ryu, Chun, Bison or Cammy), or if you buy the Season Pass, which will give you Alex and all the other DLC characters' costumes.

Side note, it's super clever of them to release Alex for free for a while until the Zenny is active. Initially everyone was just going to spend all their FM on Alex with no thought towards costumes or whatever else. Now there's a chance people will buy costumes with their FM and suddenly find themselves without enough to buy Alex when he gets taken away again. Those folks will then probably put down some real money to unlock him again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Double post!
    So how excited is everyone for unlocking costume colors now?
    To get all the colors for the entire cast (16) you need to play at least 90 (10+30+50) survival levels. That's 1440 rounds.
    Oh but now we have alternate costumes! Total 3 costumes announced so far. 4320 rounds!
    What, there's DLC characters now too? Let's add Alex in there. 4590!

And that's if you get all survival runs done without losing a game. This mode is bad, you guys.

Yes, I know these are costume colors and not essential additions, but even getting just the colors for your one main character is such a bull**** time commitment. Survival is not a fun mode by any stretch. You go on auto pilot for literally 20 minutes at a time in some of them, only actually paying attention for the last batch of fights. Those first matches are essentially pointless. Why are they even there except to waste time and build bad habits?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Just out of curiosity and pardon the ignorance of a casual player here but do people really care about colours and outfits?

Personally I couldn't give a damn.

I'd like to have access to new fighters as the come available but the colour thing. ..meh

Seems it's not based on level for 11-15, but which difficulty setting of Survival you've beaten.

So they're still forcing that **** on people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭Rob2D

Sairus wrote: »
    if you buy the Season Pass, which will give you Alex and all the other DLC characters' costumes.

Yeah I thought that since I have the season pass I wouldn't have to wait. Oh well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,721 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

I'm hearing you can't use FM to unlock colours 3-10 and you have to reach certain character levels in order to get colours 11-15 with FM.

More nonsense from Capcom.

Meanwhile Tekken 7 will come out with a million customisation options that are free and present from day one.

In fairness, Tekken will also sell a bazillion more copies.

Just out of curiosity and pardon the ignorance of a casual player here but do people really care about colours and outfits?

Personally I couldn't give a damn.

I'd like to have access to new fighters as the come available but the colour thing. ..meh

Some people just want a colour. It's like watching the world burn. Or tangerines.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Some people just want a colour. It's like watching the world burn. Or tangerines.

hqdefault.jpg

The colour choice is important and there's so many other things they could have locked behind Survival mode.

Everyone associates 3S white Ken with Daigo.

Red Yun with Kazunoko.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,721 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

The colour choice is important and there's so many other things they could have locked behind Survival mode.

Everyone associates 3S white Ken with Daigo.

Red Yun with Kazunoko.
    It's funny, but as much as I love 3S, I completely forgot what colour Daigo used.

All bout Deshiken (green)

Advertisement