Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Street Fighter V: Despite all his ragé he's still just a rat in a Kage

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,721 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Rob2D wrote: »
    How is she still in school?!

Canon? SFV precedes SFIII:2nd Impact / SFIII: 3rd Strike timeline-wise.

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Cause my bomb is too Ibukilicious for ya babe.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

A preview of the story mode is available.

Looks pretty good so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Seen it there the other day and I honestly thought it was a fan made pisstake for the 1st couple minutes until I figured the voiceovers sounded new and legit. :pac:

• Advertisement

Seen it there the other day and I honestly thought it was a fan made pisstake for the 1st couple minutes until I figured the voiceovers sounded new and legit. :pac:

The Japanese voices actors do sound strange if you're used to listening to the English ones.

It looks very promising so far. Can't wait to see the full thing.

Nobody seems to have realised Haunts mentioned over on reddit that not everything for the June patch has been announced...

He also threw his hands up and admitted Ibukigate is his fault, you got to respect someone that does that in the face of the vitriol Capcom have been receiving.

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

Game seems dead in Ireland, very few people here playing online. Story mode and one new character are not going to address its most serious issued, namely the netcode, rage quitting and the amount of time match making takes.

Long term it remains to be seen how the game will last, more and more people are starting to say the games shallowness is starting to show and everyone plays the characters the same way.

I've pretty much stopped playing with the state of online play. Its just takes too long to get a game.

Azza wrote: »
    Game seems dead in Ireland, very few people here playing online. Story mode and one new character are not going to address its most serious issued, namely the netcode, rage quitting and the amount of time match making takes.

Long term it remains to be seen how the game will last, more and more people are starting to say the games shallowness is starting to show and everyone plays the characters the same way.

I've pretty much stopped playing with the state of online play. Its just takes too long to get a game.

I still play online but only in Battle Lounge. It's a bit better since online 2/3 because once you're in you're usually playing a bit longer but yeah they need to address these things.

I disagree with you on the story mode thing though- casual players love that stuff. Not sure about 6 months in though.

Considering most players will probably blow through Story mode in a week at worst...

• Advertisement

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Considering most players will probably blow through Story mode in a week at worst...

Doesn't matter, that's what they want. They wanted their MK story mode. Wouldn't shut up about it, in between asking about Mika and Alex (that clearly none of them play because you never run into them online).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

I'm probably the definition of a casual as I don't get much gaming time and then the hassle of connecting the arcade stick. (I know, yes I am that lazy)

I played the beta and then at release but I was fed up with rage quitters so until yesterday it had been probably 3 or so weeks since I'd played.

The quality of player seemed to me have gone up or I'm getting worse.

I didn't have any rage quitters which is good I suppose but the matches I did win the opponent didn't play again which is annoying as I had to go search again.

On that, the searches seems to have gotten longer so maybe less are playing.

I'm hoping to get on again tonight. Thinking of picking up Necalli. Playing as Rashid currently but after being schooled by another Rashid player last night I'm questioning my ability with him. Lol. More practice might help.

I played a bit of challenge mode which was interesting.

Is the arcade mode there now? I didn't look for it but if it's there I'll have a go on it later.

I don't think that'll give the game the longevity it needs but it might get a few more casuals interested.

I assume that street fighter IV retained a huge amount of its player base.

I wonder if they closed the servers there would it force people to SFV? Not nice but maybe the only way?

Honestly I'd say Overwatch is a bigger problem for them than SFIV :D

I still play online but only in Battle Lounge. It's a bit better since online 2/3 because once you're in you're usually playing a bit longer but yeah they need to address these things.

I disagree with you on the story mode thing though- casual players love that stuff. Not sure about 6 months in though.

Story mode's not going to do anything for the community in Ireland or the game in general overall, might see a temporary return of casual players but it won't get them playing online.
    Doesn't matter, that's what they want. They wanted their MK story mode. Wouldn't shut up about it, in between asking about Mika and Alex (that clearly none of them play because you never run into them online).

No one asked for story mode, but everyone casuals and pro alike just assumed arcade mode and a VS CPU mode would ship with the game at launch.

I do see quite a few people playing OverWatch all right. They shipped a good game and they shipped a complete game, if the game has longevity we might have lost a few players for good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭Rob2D

I do see quite a few people playing OverWatch all right. They shipped a good game and they shipped a complete game, if the game has longevity we might have lost a few players for good.

Been playing a lot of Overwatch myself lately and while it is quite enjoyable, I don't really see the longevity. I feel like I've already seen everything the game has to offer. It's a highly casual affair, and I'm sure they meant it to be that.

I don't see it developing the kind of legs that a fighting game traditionally can. At least not competitively. It doesn't scratch the same itch. For me at least.

Story mode's not going to do anything for the community in Ireland or the game in general overall, might see a temporary return of casual players but it won't get them playing online.

No one asked for story mode, but everyone casuals and pro alike just assumed arcade mode and a VS CPU mode would ship with the game at launch.

I'm not saying story mode will bring people to the game; there's a long history in SF of casual players demanding something for no reason (RE: Mika and Alex again). But there was an endless stream of people on the sites I was on during the dev cycle going "why can't you do a fighitng game like injustice or Mortal Kombat with the AWESOME story mode". It's arcade edition all over again...

Honestly there's nothing strange or unusual with people wandering away and coming back to SF, although they really snatched defeat from the jaws of victory with V.

Personally I think it will come down to Evo. The SF scene- anecdotally- seems to get a burst of new players around then. Hopefully the game comes across well.

Well MK 9 did set the bar for fighting games story modes. They made people realise storylines in fighting games did not need to be rubbish, so I can understand why people would ask for it, although personally I didn't see much requests for it in the he run up to the release of V.

The online needs to be better if the game is too survive.

SFV will go free to play. Called it ages ago and I firmly believe it'll happen.

I bet that's what they're banking on at this stage.

first 30 minutes of story mode has been posted. Plus a peak at Balrog.

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭Constant Markievicz

Gootecks and Mike Ross decided to check out the African rankings in this episode. At 22:17 you can see the top ranked player in the Ivory Coast! For some reason, they seem to suspect that some of these players are't really from Africa, though. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 135 ✭✭Doodleking

Elated that a matchmaking feature will be improved, 'cause it was way too long!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

At the end of CEO they made the announcement that the 'June' update with Ibuki, Matchmaking fixes and Story mode will all be arriving on July 1st.
    Also, Boxer is arriving the same day. Woop woop!

After that trailer, they showed a couple of teasers for Juri and Urien too, which are viewable on the Twitch archive:

https://clips.twitch.tv/capcomfighters/AdventurousTroutNotATK

Juri's costume looks a hell of a lot better in game than the glimpses in story mode! Side note, I friggin love reveal trailers like this where there's crowd noise overlaid. Sounds hype as ****.

EDIT: Ha. Just realized they 'censored' Juri's outfit. In the story mode her chest is exposed. In game she's got a black bodysuit on under her other bodysuit.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

**** yeah

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

• Advertisement

ZRK8XE3l.png

My goodness.