Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Street Fighter V: Despite all his ragé he's still just a rat in a Kage

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Story mode is a bit of a mixed bag, but it's really cool all the unexpected characters that show up.

As Kiki linked, it's really interesting how some of them actually have gameplay elements at least in a partial state.
    Thoughts on some of that:
    Seeing so many of the dolls playable was cool, and especially how they all had at least one unique attack. It'd be neat if they made a single Shadaloo Doll character or something where it randomly picks one of the dolls every round.
    Abel is one of the few returning characters to have zero gameplay despite showing up a bunch, so I doubt he's high on the list of returning cast.
    It'd be cool if Kolin shows up as playable eventually. She's got a cool face and I always liked her design in SF3.

I both like Juri's new gameplay and hate it. Curious to see how it properly shakes out when she releases.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

Urien turned out deadly. They did a good job keeping his original kit/design, all his moves feel fluid, his normals are all in line with what they were like in SF3 etc. I'm also happy with how they approached Aegis, it seems like a combo tool now with SOME mixup potential, unlike in 3s where it was really strong and almost always led to a tough high/low mixup or unblockable. Definitely worth waiting all these years for! Cannot wait till he is released :D I'm not even mad about him wearing a suit, he looks ****ing boss. His animations are also really pretty, his super is easily the best looking super so far. Fair play Capcom

His V skill does seem strong though (gives all specials armor and other added properties apparently, not quite sure what it does yet), but I guess the long time it takes to activate it might balance it out. He has a 3 meter v gauge so I guess it's fine

Ramza wrote: »
    I'm not even mad about him wearing a suit, he looks ****ing boss.
    Actually, interestingly modders have found that his naked+sock skin is in there, but it's built onto his standard costumes, just layered underneath them.
    Necalli's model is done the same way, one model for regular mode and one for V-Trigger. Urien possibly will have something like wearing a suit as default, then some action like V-Trigger or Super will explode his clothes off, leaving him as SF3 Urien.
    Original Urien

Also, we got combos:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,721 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Sairus wrote: »
    Actually, interestingly modders have found that his naked+sock skin is in there, but it's built onto his standard costumes, just layered underneath them.
    Necalli's model is done the same way, one model for regular mode and one for V-Trigger. Urien possibly will have something like wearing a suit as default, then some action like V-Trigger or Super will explode his clothes off, leaving him as SF3 Urien.
    Original Urien

Also, we got combos:

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

I'm the first person to moan about alt costumes but god damn Juri looks good and makes a lot of sense as a biker. Totally suits here personality.

As for the story mode, I love it. Lots and lots. It's awful in the way a Street Fighter should be. Stand out moments:
    Guile's GRAB ON and subsequent brofist with Charlie
    THE DOGTAGS!!!
    Zangief flexing his way through every problem
    Sim attempting to murder people pushing them out of planes and stuff
    Cameos. All the cameos
    Putting out fires with fireballs
    Abel confirms he met Charlie

Things I didn't like:
    I know he's supposed to be all quite and internalised but you'd think Guile would be all "WHERE THE **** IS CHARLIE YOU KILLED HIM AGAIN" with Bison
    Ryu seems very marginalised, then shows up to use the power of macguffin to bop Bipson and resolve the plot. Would have made much more sense for Charlie or Rashid to find a way to stop him.
    Necalli seems pointless

Things found interesting:
    Face turns. all the face turns! The dolls are all out there, including Decapre, on the side of angels.
    Is Vega "cured?" He flings his mask away at the end, not in a "buffing myself in a fight" way
    Is Rog face turned? He seems almost happy when Shadoloo is done
    How powerful is Sim? He casually blocks a metsu shoryu (the move that literally gutted Sagat) while holding Necalli back and has a little chat while doing it. Is Sim Oro powerful?

All in all I hope there's a continuing series of SF cinematics. I'd especially love to see what happens after SFIII next.

• Advertisement

Ramza wrote: »
    Urien turned out deadly. They did a good job keeping his original kit/design, all his moves feel fluid, his normals are all in line with what they were like in SF3 etc.

I remember having a discussion with you about how if I were you I wouldn't have wanted him in IV as he'd have to be so changed he wouldn't be the character you loved, it's good to see him looking so... urieny for you :)

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

The prologues were data mined for Urien and Juri.

Urien fights a clone of himself who has his original costume, sure that costume will show up a premium costume eventually.

Azza wrote: »
    The prologues were data mined for Urien and Juri.

Urien fights a clone of himself who has his original costume, sure that costume will show up a premium costume eventually.

:20 second mark. Apparently its tied to his CA/Super, after activating his clothes rip off. Which makes sense, as you can see his sleeve start to rip/tear during the CA startup. I could be wrong though. But yeah, would be cool to see it as a standalone costume for sure.
    I remember having a discussion with you about how if I were you I wouldn't have wanted him in IV as he'd have to be so changed he wouldn't be the character you loved, it's good to see him looking so... urieny for you :)

True that. Honestly I cannot find anything I don't like about how he is right now, even his voice is ****ing spot on. Apparently people datamined hidden voice clips and animations that weren't in the story too (see above video).

• Advertisement

I look forward to finally fighting your main and owning him :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,021 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Anyone else getting really long loading times on PS4 since the update?

At this point the updates are larger than the game.

I keep getting 40006 (40060?) errors when paired up with PS4 players, where points aren't calculated/shown.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭Rob2D

Any word on if Kanzuki Beach will be banned next week? I'm straight up refusing to play it anyway.

Defo banned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Officially banned at Evo as well, as it should be.

Can't imagine the thought process behind creating and approving that stage.

Officially banned at Evo as well, as it should be.

Can't imagine the thought process behind creating and approving that stage.

tumblr_lwwo2rDTaK1r9652ro1_400.gif

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    tumblr_lwwo2rDTaK1r9652ro1_400.gif

The greatest Kiki post of all time

Why was the training stage banned?

Azza wrote: »
    Why was the training stage banned?

Probably because it seems very boring and bland to an outside viewer/non-player. Showcasing lots of stages makes it more interesting to said people I suppose. That's my best guess. Evo is the biggest tourney of the year and thus a great opportunity to reel in casual players and to garner interest in people to pick up the the game, etc. Also, with it being broadcast on ESPN, I'd say banning training stage was a good idea.

• Advertisement

Pretty sure it is indeed because casuals complain endlessly about training stage. It's up there with picking Ryu and not having a story mode on their irritation list, only beaten by releasing a rebalanced version on a disc.

Just checked my pool. IF I win my first match I'll fight KBrad for my second match! :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 135 ✭✭Doodleking

What is "A shadow falls"? Is it a new story mode?

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Yes, it's the free dlc story mode

PC mods already flowing out allowing you to play as all the story mode characters. There's even a mod that lets you play online with Juri and Urien.

...I'm probably not going to tempt fate with that last one though.

Capcom: I can't get into the details right now but we are working on additional methods to unlock colors in the game outside of Survival Mode. I'll update on specifics once I get more info.
    Oh please god happen soon. Also please god don't require fight money or actual money.

One trial, one color please.

Oh please god happen soon. Also please god don't require fight money or actual money.

Or the SSFIV method.

Each time the character is selected in a Vs, or Online match, a colour is unlocked.

Survival can still be there for Fight Money, Titles, and Trophies.

I just downloaded the PC mod. 1 round and done. Simples! :D

I encourage everyone on PC to do the same.

• Advertisement

Rob2D wrote: »
    I just downloaded the PC mod. 1 round and done. Simples! :D

I encourage everyone on PC to do the same.
    I'm still worried about eventual repercussions for doing that.

It'd be pretty easy for Capcom to check everyone's best times going through survival and see they are impossible to get without cheating. Normally I doubt anyone would bother checking that stuff, but when racking up massive amounts of Fight Money actually affects Capcom's bottom line on DLC sales I wouldn't be shocked to see them crack down on it eventually.

Advertisement