Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hardwareversand English Windows 7

• 05-12-2014 1:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 49

Hi all,

Just wondering how to ask Hardwareversand to give me the English version of Windows, rather than the german one? There doesnt seem to be an option to select english.. I've sent them an email asking it but no reply.

Thanks,
    Fergulbops

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭excollier

Surely you just select language when you go to install it - one of the earliest screens.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

Just buy a windows cd key and download the iso for whatever language you want. If you can get a key through dreamspark if you're at college it's free.

If you buy a german version of windows you can just use that key with an english iso, it just means you wouldn't be able to use the disk they send you, and you'd need access to a different computer to burn the disk, or make a bootable usb

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭Sniipe

Just buy a windows cd key and download the iso for whatever language you want.
    Are their legit places to buy a windows Key if you are not a student?

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Fergulbops

My current PC has Windows 7 Home premium.. Is there any restriction to just using the same key again for the new computer??

Heard somewhere you can have up to 3 PC's with the same windows 7 key.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭SweetCaliber

Fergulbops wrote: »
    My current PC has Windows 7 Home premium.. Is there any restriction to just using the same key again for the new computer??

Heard somewhere you can have up to 3 PC's with the same windows 7 key.

The 3 PC rule usually is for Microsoft Office.

You can only use the Windows 7 product key on one computer at a time.

• Advertisement
Advertisement