Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Street Fighter 5 ( Ps4 , Pc )

Options

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

So it begins again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

This song , once again been going through my head :S

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Will probably wait till they release the final version, unless they detail an upgrade path early on.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,458 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

wes wrote: »
    Will probably wait till they release the final version,

2021 is a long time away, you know.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

2021 is a long time away, you know.

Will probably give long before then to be fair..... Hopefully they do detail an upgrade path however, so we don't have to pay full price again and again.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 481 ✭✭anonyanony

Video removed anyone save a copy or have another link

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭wexdevil

anonyanony wrote: »
    Video removed anyone save a copy or have another link

wes wrote: »
    Will probably give long before then to be fair..... Hopefully they do detail an upgrade path however, so we don't have to pay full price again and again.

Capcom's only mistake with the SF4 series was not offering an upgrade option from SF4 (the first version) to Super SF4 (second version). They released Super as a stand alone again, an upgrade option should of been given. But at least Super was not sold at full price (€29.99 at release). Super had quite a lot of new content though, such as 10 new characters, new music, new stages, new games modes, bonus stages, updated trials and rebalanced gameplay and was critically very well recieved.

The subsequent versions Arcade Edition and Ultra where offered as an upgrade option from Super/Arcade Edtion or as a full standalone and where priced accordingly.

For casual players you don't need to ever upgrade. The differences are generally not worth while. The upgrades are not for you. But for the fans of the series who understand the mechanics and changes being made its what they want and expect and they are happy with it. Addtional content but more importantly rebalancing to keep the game fresh. Its being like that since the days of the arcade.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Not a game I'd play myself but it's disappointing to see the trend of third-party platform exclusives continue.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

It'll be timed. I'd be absolutely amazed if Capcom went for full exclusivity on this entry or even allowed the vanilla release to be platform exclusive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

More timed exclusive bull****. It really has no place in the world of games. It just punishes owners of the other console. The developers should spend more time optimizing games properly rather than releasing half finished titles for specific platforms.

Not the sort of news that should be celebrated.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,412 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Even when Capcom does exclusives and the developer threatens to kill themselves they end up on rival consoles/PC. See Dead Rising 3/Resident Evil 4/Street Fighter 2...

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Microsoft's policy with exclusives was (is?) that you could either release on MS's console first (timed exclusive for MS), release only if it was a major update (ie the dreaded incremental), or not release at all (remaining Sony-exclusive).

So fvck 'em.

Sony now have 3 console-exclusive fighting games (Skullgirls, Guilty Gear Xrd, SF5) and their console is cheaper too.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,749 ✭✭✭✭Penn

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Microsoft's policy with exclusives was (is?) that you could either release on MS's console first (timed exclusive for MS), release only if it was a major update (ie the dreaded incremental), or not release at all (remaining Sony-exclusive).

So fvck 'em.

Sony now have 3 console-exclusive fighting games (Skullgirls, Guilty Gear Xrd, SF5) and their console is cheaper too.

I can't see MS turning Street Fighter away.

A real shame if it is exclusive though. Fair enough for some games, but proper gaming institutions like SF which have always been generally multiformat where possible, it's unfair on those who selected a console without possibly knowing it could become an exclusive to the other.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,192 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

The original video was taken down by Capcom but someone managed to make a copy.... then capcom got that video taken down as well :pac:
    Seems it was a mistake and revealed before the VGA's tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

I do find it interesting that nobody is going nuts, ala Tomb Raider on the Xbox

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

So fvck 'em.

i thought xbox was cheaper now? :confused:

Aren't capcom in financial trouble? surely a timed exclusive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

i thought xbox was cheaper now? :confused:

Aren't capcom in financial trouble? surely a timed exclusive.

It says exclusively on PS4 and PC during the trailer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭rizzla

Eh, thats only if the dev wants to publish through ID@Xbox thing.

Wonder if this is the same reason MS got Tomb Raider, offered alot of money as they don't have an Uncharted.

Sony offered alot of money as they don't have their own credible fighter.

Regardless its still too soon, Capcom are trying to bury the genre again.

• Advertisement

Too soon?. SF4 was released back in 2008. While fans where happy with the updates to SF4, they where also chopping at the bit for a new game in the series. A new games that isn't that cluster f**k Street Fighter X Tekken that is.

Will admit there is a flood of fighting games now, largely off the back of SF4 success.

RasTa wrote: »
    I do find it interesting that nobody is going nuts, ala Tomb Raider on the Xbox

Sony fanboys are the worst.

rizzla wrote: »
    Sony fanboys are the worst.

Not a chance, Pc master race are the most obnoxious

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,412 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Not a chance, Pc master race are the most obnoxious

PC master race only come across as arrogant because they are always right :P

Retr0gamer wrote: »

nobody trampoling there grand mother for a pc rig , bunch of nerds XD

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Oh look, someone got a pair of big boy pants with their new rig. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Confirmed PC + PS4 exclusive (Not timed liked TR). Pretty big I guess, probably the only fighting game I play so glad its at least going to be on PS4, shame for XB1 only owners.

Cross platform play confirmed between PS4 and PC.

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭Uncle Ruckus

I wonder what specs will be needed to run it on a P.C. Bar this game I have zero interest in XBOX1 nor the PS4 so far so I hate that this one game will be the deciding factor in getting a PS4.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Advertisement