Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Street Fighter 5 ( Ps4 , Pc )

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Danonino.

I wonder what specs will be needed to run it on a P.C. Bar this game I have zero interest in XBOX1 nor the PS4 so far so I hate that this one game will be the deciding factor in getting a PS4.

But bloodborne...

• Funny thing is a lot of people in the games forum were giving out stink about ms buying out the rights for tomb raider

Now Sony do the same thing

For me personally it won't matter I own both but this a funny auld place

• Registered Users Posts: 10,216 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

In all fairness it's street fighter not battlefield or cod.. Wont exactly break hearts sure we have our own exclusive fighter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

In all fairness it's street fighter not battlefield or cod.. Wont exactly break hearts sure we have our own exclusive fighter

unless you are a evo player

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

Killer Instinct does not compare to the SF series.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

Luckily I've a PS4 but let's put it this way, if it was announced as Xbox One exclusive I'd more than likely go out and buy the Xbox One.

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭Randall Floyd

Batesy wrote: »
    Luckily I've a PS4 but let's put it this way, if it was announced as Xbox One exclusive I'd more than likely go out and buy the Xbox One.

Exactly, microsoft need more exclusives if they want to shift consoles.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

I don't see how this is comparable to the Tomb Raider deal. MS paid for a game, that was already being developed, to not come out on PS4 for an agreed amount of time.

In July of 2013, the producer of Street Fighter came out and said he didn't have the money nor staff to do a SFV - http://www.gamespot.com/articles/ono-says-no-budget-for-street-fighter-v/1100-6411507/

This seems more like a Bayonetta 2 scenario rather than paying for a timed exclusive.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Keno wrote: »
    I don't see how this is comparable to the Tomb Raider deal. MS paid for a game, that was already being developed, to not come out on PS4 for an agreed amount of time.

In July of 2013, the producer of Street Fighter came out and said he didn't have the money nor staff to do a SFV - http://www.gamespot.com/articles/ono-says-no-budget-for-street-fighter-v/1100-6411507/

This seems more like a Bayonetta 2 scenario rather than paying for a timed exclusive.
    To be honest, that reads more like Ono didn't have the R&D Budget and Team to bring Ultra Street Fighter IV to the next gen consoles as well as the previous ones.

Still pretty god damn shocked they've gone with full blown exclusivity though, even if it is just for the first iteration in the series. The cross platform play does somewhat hint at the relationship they have with Sony for the title though. And by relationship I of course mean the amount of money that's exchanged hands. :o

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Seems as good a time as any (given that there are some posters here I don't see over there!), to remind people that the Fighting Game forum here on boards is the hub of the Irish Fighting Game community, which is probably one of the most (if not the most) active offline communities for a genre in Ireland. And we play a lot of Street Fighter (and all those other fighting games :P)

As for SFV, it's looking a bit too hitstop-ey atm, but it's very early days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

kotaku saying it will be cross platform, And thats the reason its not on Xbox.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

dreamers75 wrote: »

?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭rizzla

dreamers75 wrote: »
    RasTa wrote: »
    ?

PC players can play against PS4 players.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

Azza wrote: »
    Cross platform play confirmed between PS4 and PC.

Holy sh1t! Now that is pretty amazing! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

This does sound more like a Bayonetta case than a Tomb Raider case to be fair.

Anyway, I'm not much of a fighting game player... the only fighting game I really enjoyed was Tekken 3 but I have to say that teaser trailer has made me interested in this.

Amazing what a good trailer can do for something.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Was just thinking how there’s precedence for this console exclusivity going way back to the SNES days when there was no Street Fighter II or Street Fighter II Turbo the Megadrive. I’d put money on a similar thing here whereby we eventually see Super Street Fighter V Turbo Championship Edition EX Alpha on the Xbox One.

http://www.pcgamer.com/street-fighter-v-will-allow-pc-and-ps4-players-to-beat-each-other-up/
    Last Friday, Capcom surprised everyone by unexpectedly rolling our a reveal trailer for Street Fighter V. Then, slightly less unexpectedly, they bundled it back in—most likely subjecting the employee who had accidentally published the trailer to a subsequent trial by Hadouken.
    The game is now officially announced, and we've learned a few more details with it. Well, one main detail: Street Fighter V will offer cross-platform play between PC and PS4. That means you can theoretically punch your way through every SFV owner, regardless of what platform they're playing on.
    Sounds great, assuming the netcode is up to the task. Cross-platform play has traditionally been a shonky mess for shooters, but fighting games seem far more suited to the task.
    We're still pretty short on other details about the sequel. There's no release date as yet, so instead here's a picture of Ryu doing a kick so powerful that ink squirts out of his foot or something.

Sweet

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

But the mouse and keyboard players will destroy the console casuals on joypads!!!! :pac::pac::pac:

Macro Keyboards and fireball dragon punch spam :D

Arcade stick master race guys ;)

• Advertisement

Fighting games are anything but suited to online play! By far the genre where lag has the worse effect!

Also lol at the PC gamers on the pc gamer site, who are going "crush consoles peasants at 120fps".

Nah man, 120FPS in a 60 FPS locked genre is the new meta. See TWICE THE FRAMES

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

Cross-platform play is sweet. Too bad I don't like SF... I hope Tekken 7 does this.

I wonder how stable the online will be for the cross-platform, though. 90% of lag is still caused by dumbasses using wireless, though. So it'll be pretty hard to tell who is lagging from what when they come in complaining. A wired connection on PS4 vs a wired connection on PC playing within the same region SHOULD have a pretty solid connection, though. If not then they dun goofed.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Massive for Sony.
    Bad for Ms.
    Not great for console games overall.

At least Sony are putting out good exclusives aswell, but I hope they don't start buying up big games like they're Monopoly squares.

If they go down the route that Ms did with the 360 and just let the exclusives dry up while purchasing DLC for the big games, then I'll be fairly disappointed.

This is the biggest exclusive grab I've seen in recent years. Makes no odds to me, I'd sooner buy an Xbox One than Street Fighter on my PS4.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Danonino.

I don't think its Sony buying the exclusive rights more sony funding a game that wouldn't have been made for another few years without them.

Like Nintendo and bayonetta 2. I could be wrong but didn't ono say not too long ago that street fighter 5 was a long way off and that they didn't have the funds or people to do it?

Microsoft only bought the exclusive rights to tomb raider and minecraft very recently. I like exclusivity in consoles it gives solid reasons to own both and encourages competition. Look at Sony's last 4 or so years with the PS3, they were behind so upped the content and quality compared to Microsoft. I'm really interested to see how Microsoft reacts :) a new IP maybe?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Azza wrote: »
    Also lol at the PC gamers on the pc gamer site, who are going "crush consoles peasants at 120fps".

I'm something like the 8th best Guile IN THE WORLD on steam.

I'm somewhere in the top 200 on 360...

(For non SF players, generally we don't even care about online points, online lag makes high level SF difficult to play. That being said, playing ranked on PC is like travelling in time back to 2009 on XBL).

USF4 online for PC is truly like playing people from the past. It's like they're stuck in a time warp where metas don't exist :P

• Advertisement

For these who may have missed these.

Exhibition Match from December 2014. Mike Ross Vs Combofiend.

Exhibition match from January

Charlie Nash game player trailer.

M.Bison reveal trailer.

Game is due out before the end of Capcom's 2016 financial year, which is March 2016.

Some information that was leaked at the beginning by French commentator Ken Bogard (who has a reliable track record with leaks).
    Uses Unreal Engine 4.
    Will have weather/time effects in stages.
    New mechanic called V-Trigger, that changes characters stances.
    No traditional standalone updates planned, will have updates like League of Legends has.
    More effort will go into the story.
    PC version was made in the African, Latin American and South Asian markets in mind where console penetration is limited.
    Its expected one new character will come from each of those regions.
    Despite rumors otherwise, there is no known information on roster size.

Producer Yoshinori Ono has said the next character to be revealed is a character that's not been seen for a while.

Also the game will playable at E3.

Advertisement