Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Street Fighter 5 ( Ps4 , Pc )

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

So the beta didn't last very long.

Servers were taken down after an hour. No idea when or if they'll be back.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

It's back up in the States. Us poverty Europeans got to wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,539 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Still nothing, never got to try it when it was working.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Have they said a time for the beta coming online in europe since the initial 'launch'

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

Capcom will be sending representatives over to Dublin next weekend to Celtic Throwdown tournament run by the Irish Fighting game community.

They will bringing a preview build of Street Fighter V for attendees to try. It will be first time anywhere in Europe that people will able to play the latest build of the game that contains the recently announced R.Mika character. A considerable coup for the Irish Fighting game community and its organizers, so congrats to them.

https://www.facebook.com/events/827279547320811/

Also congratulations to the IFGC streamer in chief Doctor Doom for exposing Dark Onion as a fraud in Belfast last weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

I don't know what that says about you, given that you placed below me at the last tournament we were both at? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭ayjayirl

Suppose we'll find out on sat.

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    I don't know what that says about you, given that you placed below me at the last tournament we were both at? ;)

How many tournament victories do you have over me again?.....I can't remember is it between zero or none? :D

giphy.gif

All this hatred for second seed at CTTD, and my character is so honourable. It hurts me deeply.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

6459443006a3d498c7df2d9a33991d2d.jpg?v=239400
    Going on sale for MSRP $99.99 in North America, the Street Fighter V Collector’s Edition is the ultimate package for fans of the series! Check out all the contents below (and please note that above image is stll work in progress):

SFV game disc
    The standard SFV game disc and case is included in every Collector’s Edition.
    10 inch, fully painted Ryu statue
    Meticulously articulated and commanding in stature, the sculpture depicts Ryu preparing for his next battle. The Collector’s Edition packaging is specially windowed as well so that you can see the top half of the statue from the outside.
    48p hardcover artbook
    Jam-packed with design sketches and other behind-the-scenes materials that shed light behind the development process of the game.

Code Cards for additional downloadable content:
    Udon Digital Street Fighter Comics
    A collection of some of Udon’s finest work with the Street Fighter comic series.
    SFV Soundtrack Sampler
    Curated selection of some of the best tunes from the game.
    Twitch One-Month Subscription to Capcom Fighters channel
    This bonus is actually included with every standard copy of SFV, and gives a free one-month subscription to the Capcom Fighters channel on Twitch, which grants exclusive access to special Street Fighter chat emoticons, as well as video archive access.

That statue does not look in any way articulated!

Anyway, really looking forward to playing the latest build of SFV this weekend :)

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Sieghardt

Man, I havent been that big a SF fan in a while but between Rainbow Mika and beardy Ryu I think I'm back in

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

New character: Rashid

Returning character: Karin !! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Laura has also been leaked by Famitsu.

SekJJRR.jpg

GRawedG.jpg

GeBYcCU.jpg

WXV5xuz.jpg

New character:
    Laura Matsuda

So who's picking this up?

Decided to buy it there and so far I'm enjoying it. The online appears to be buckling big time at the moment but I don't mind too much as I'm rubbish at the moment.

I've just been going through the prologue story missions. There isn't a lot of content at the moment but it's going to be updated regularly.

• tok9 wrote: »
    So who's picking this up?

Decided to buy it there and so far I'm enjoying it. The online appears to be buckling big time at the moment but I don't mind too much as I'm rubbish at the moment.

I've just been going through the prologue story missions. There isn't a lot of content at the moment but it's going to be updated regularly.

It's a sign of the times :(

I don't know if it really matters for a fighting game though. I'm not complaining when I say there isn't much content, I'm just saying for others.

There's enough fighters and stages in the game. I'll have another crack at it tomorrow.

I heard that if you complete all the prologue content you'll have enough coins to get the first character next month so that's pretty nice.

• Advertisement

• tok9 wrote: »
    I don't know if it really matters for a fighting game though. I'm not complaining when I say there isn't much content, I'm just saying for others.

There's enough fighters and stages in the game. I'll have another crack at it tomorrow.

I heard that if you complete all the prologue content you'll have enough coins to get the first character next month so that's pretty nice.

Stripping back the Single Player content to the bare minimum is a joke tbh
    That's why it's a sign of the time.

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Stripping back the Single Player content to the bare minimum is a joke tbh
    That's why it's a sign of the time.
    FACT:
    There hasn't been a good single-player mode/training room since Virtua Fighter 4: Evolution :cool:

On-topic:
    New players!
    There is an offline scene in Dublin!
    Come chat here in the Fighting Games subforum: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1204

We still have regular Wednesday meetups; Saturday casuals may be coming back too :)
    Come along if you want to chat & discuss the game, etc.

Also, look forward to Celtic Throwdown 2016 - now a part of the official Capcom Pro Tour! :cool:
    https://www.facebook.com/events/1635167570096260/

It'd be nice if it had a training system where I could try and line up my moves with commands but other than that I'm honestly fine knowing there is more SP story coming down the line.

I didn't buy the game for the single player so it doesn't really affect me.

I tried the online tonight and bar being completely rubbish at the game the majority of matches worked perfectly, one match was a small bit statutory but it was still playable.

I'll try and find a favourite fighter tomorrow. I finished up on Necalli who seemed pretty good but I don't know any of his moves.

• K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    FACT:
    There hasn't been a good single-player mode/training room since Virtua Fighter 4: Evolution :cool:

Mortal Kombat on the x360 says hello

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Mortal Kombat on the x360 says hello

It probably had more single player campaign "things to do", but VF4:Evo actively tried to teach player:
    • How to do moves (obviously)
    • How to defend
    • How to defend against 2-3 things at the same time
    • How to mix-up the opponent
    • How to read frame data
    • How to be as good as an entry-level Japanese salaryman
    It also had a really cool "campaign" where you travel to various arcades and fight CPU opponents, which were built from actual game data of top Japanese players.
    And it had modes with crazy effects, like "Lower gravity", "Infinite cancelling", etc.

VF5 felt so barebones after that.

I've been having a blast with this game so far. Messing around in training trying to find the best character for me.

Right now that looks like Ryu and Cammy. Going to keep on practising till I get good with one of them!

I'm curious to see how much coins you get for the rest of the single player content they update as you only getting between 20-50 coins per online match which is tiny.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Danonino.

On sale in Argos for 55 quid. cheapest I've seen. Payday needs to hurry up ha ha broje from buying a new stick.

Now I have a stick and no sf5. Urrgh

Danonino. wrote: »
    On sale in Argos for 55 quid. cheapest I've seen. Payday needs to hurry up ha ha broje from buying a new stick.

Now I have a stick and no sf5. Urrgh

I got it for 31euro on PC (digital key).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Danonino.

Guarantee I'll buy it for 55 and it will appear as a psn game when the first paid dlc lands or something :D

• Advertisement

No harm mentioning it here I suppose, I develop an app for SFV that has content for all level of players. Frame Data, Moves List, Calculators, Notes, Tutorials etc.

Android
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.fullmeter.fat

iOS
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/frame-assistant-tool/id886775464

Advertisement