Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quick advice on VAT

• 05-12-2014 2:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 42

I would like to find an advice on how often do we as a new LLC have to pay VAT return.

Lets say we are online retail website with low turnaround as new company. What is the most common practice on paying VAT?

Every 2 months, or just every 6 months?

Many thanks for any help ;)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭dbran

Its usually every two months but if the amount of VAT payable is low the revenue may allow the return to be quarterly or even 6 monthly.

dbran

• Registered Users Posts: 42 infoinfoinfo

Thanks a lot! As for the "low" - what amount does that mean? And if we wanted that, do we request it beforehand? Many thanks

Revenue will decide. You dont get to choose.

dbran

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭sohappy

Revenue put me on 6 monthly when I registered and I requested to change to 2 monthly , they had no problem changing I just had to wait until the first period had passed,

They dont mind so much going from 6 months to 2 months. Going the other way they are a bit more careful of.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭delahuntv

Call revenue and chat to them - they are not monsters. I have always found them to be extremely good at giving advice / infomation. Of all government depts, they are by far the most user friendy and helpful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Same with Revenue I filed the wrong period one time and the lady in the phone was incredibly helpful and it was sorted in a couple of hours was expecting it to take ages and be a massive pain. Compared to dealing with other government bodies it was incredibly straight forward.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,599 ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

Advertisement