Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RIP Jackie Healy Rae

Options
  • 05-12-2014 4:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,494 ✭✭✭

No words needed for the man. His actions spoke volumes for the county.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

One thing I would have to say about Jackie Healy Rae is that he put his little village of Kilgravan firmly on the map.

RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

I guess there will be a week of mourning down there now.
    RIP.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,494 ✭✭✭dobman88

I guess there will be a week of mourning down there now.
    RIP.

Suppose it's a waste of time reporting this post to a mod of the same forum. Disgraceful post from a mod imo. A man just died and you're making sarcastic comments like this. Well done.

I think his family may mourn for a bit more than a week.

dobman88 wrote: »
    Suppose it's a waste of time reporting this post to a mod of the same forum. Disgraceful post from a mod imo. A man just died and you're making sarcastic comments like this. Well done.

Wasn't intended as sarcasm. I meant in general for the village/area.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭lottpaul

R.I.P.

One of my favourite recollections of him is an interview on Radio Kerry years ago re pay parking at Kerry General Hospital. Jackie was wrong footed a bit, flip flopped (allegedly) on the issue and was getting a tough time from the interviewer who asked him what he would say to those who were making these "allegations" about him.
    Jackie built himself up to full speed on the fluster/bluster/indignation scale and roundly condemned these "allegators" who were dragging his name and that of the good people of south Kerry through the mud and if he met any of the said "allegators" he would set them straight etc etc :D Classic.

Sympathies to all of the family.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 212 ✭✭DainBramage

Get over yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭newman10

Have to agree with you dobman. Some of the people who are making comments about JHR are people who have voteed for the looney left or right and are more bigoted in their opinions than the voters of South Kerry.

Jackie represented his electorate to the best of his ability, which is what we expect of all TDs and we knew where we stood with him.

RIP

newman10 wrote: »
    Have to agree with you dobman. Some of the people who are making comments about JHR are people who have voteed for the looney left or right and are more bigoted in their opinions than the voters of South Kerry.

Jackie represented his electorate to the best of his ability, which is what we expect of all TDs and we knew where we stood with him.

RIP

As I said, I was not being sarcastic with my OP.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

No words needed for the man. His actions spoke volumes for the county.

Ya. The Kerry Bertie!

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Spaniel heaven

RIP to a true character who did amazing things for his community all while hiding a mine of intelligence and talent behind a veil of the innocent country man.

• Advertisement

RIP to a true character who did amazing things for his community all while hiding a mine of intelligence and talent behind a veil of the innocent country man.

And supported Bertie ahern till the end, our grandkids will be paying debts thanks to these two chances!

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭Norfolk Enchants_

And supported Bertie ahern till the end, our grandkids will be paying debts thanks to these two chances!

<snip> No need for insults MOD.

He was a gombeen politician who supported a party of crooks. Sure wasn't he in Fianna fail long enough, why wouldn't he!

He was a gombeen politician who supported a party of crooks. Sure wasn't he in Fianna fail long enough, why wouldn't he!

Worst effort at trolling ever, ever, and only serves to highlight your ignornance.

Worst effort at trolling ever, ever, and only serves to highlight your ignornance.

My ignorance? Lol

Your a Fianna fail voter!

My ignorance? Lol

Your a Fianna fail voter!
    And more highlighting your ignornace, another FAILKeep digging lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭groovie

They ought to rename the thread to Dumb And Dumber. Have a peaceful christmas, gents.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Closing this thread due to lack of respect for both the deceased (regardless of who he was or his political party) and people on the board. MOD

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement