Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dunnes stores vouchees

Options
  • 05-12-2014 4:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭

Had a long post wrote out and deleted it so Long story short did a big shop and had 3voychers for Money off. Lady only scanned two. I queried this and she denied it eventually she scanned them and realised I was right. Called a manager and he said that there was nothing he can do and will be in my easter club vouchers. They were also so ignorant and rude to me. What can I do? I don't want to just leave it at this as it was not my mistake.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭dobsdave

daisydood wrote: »
    Had a long post wrote out and deleted it so Long story short did a big shop and had 3voychers for Money off. Lady only scanned two. I queried this and she denied it eventually she scanned them and realised I was right. Called a manager and he said that there was nothing he can do and will be in my easter club vouchers. They were also so ignorant and rude to me. What can I do? I don't want to just leave it at this as it was not my mistake.

What is the actual problem? your post isn't very clear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

dobsdave wrote: »

That only two of her three vouchers were applied ands he didn't receive the discount she was expecting, and now has to wait to Easter to avail of it?

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭daisydood

Sorry. I want the money taken off? I had to pay the extra e10 myself. Like they offer €10 off a €50 spend, 5 off a 25 spend. I spent 140- and handed in 2x10 & 1x5 voucher meaning I should have got 25 off but instead they only deducted 15- so I had to pay the extra 10. I don't think its fair that I should have to pay it when I handed in my vouchers and it was the girl on the till who was wrong

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    That only two of her three vouchers were applied ands he didn't receive the discount she was expecting, and now has to wait to Easter to avail of it?

If it wasn't scanned, then is it not available to spend now?

Thanks oldnotwise. I thought it was fairly obvious what the problem was

• Advertisement

If you read the post, you'll see the OP was told she must wait until Easter to avail of it.

That's not my point in order to use it I would have to spend another €50 in store when I have my big shop done so won't be spending that!! The money should have been taken when I handed in the vouchers

Sorry. I want the money taken off? I had to pay the extra e10 myself. Like they offer €10 off a €50 spend, 5 off a 25 spend. I spent 140- and handed in 2x10 & 1x5 voucher meaning I should have got 25 off but instead they only deducted 15- so I had to pay the extra 10. I don't think its fair that I should have to pay it when I handed in my vouchers and it was the girl on the till who was wrong

I see now, you should have called the manager before paying the 10.
    No good to you now I know.

I see now, you should have called the manager before paying the 10.
    No good to you now I know.

I didn't realize it till I got to the car as I assumed they were taken off. Anything i can do now?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

Call into the manager again and explain that you are unhappy and you do not think it is fair that you have to wait until Easter to use the voucher.

Suggest to him that he makes a note of what happened on a piece of paper and put the voucher in the till and give you a ten euro note. The note will explain to the person who counts the till what happened and at the end of the day the till will balance other than there will be ten euro less in cash but this will be made up by the extra ten euro in vouchers.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

As above but in addition there is no way the money off voucher makes its way to your club card points balance at Easter.
    Go talk to the manager again.

As above but in addition there is no way the money off voucher makes its way to your club card points balance at Easter.
    Go talk to the manager again.

I was thinking that alright. Sounds like the manager just wanted to get rid of the customer.

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭magicmushroom

I wouldn't bother with the manager as he was of no help last time.

Call the head office and explain what happened to them, they will have more power than the manager I assume.

If you read the post, you'll see the OP was told she must wait until Easter to avail of it.

I read the post no need to try to be smart.

"....They were also so ignorant and rude to me. What can I do....?

It wasn't clear if it was a voucher to spend, or x off if you spend y.
    The op also said in another post that they wouldn't be spending enough to use the voucher as opposed yo not allowed to spend it till easter.

Actual I have just reread the thread again. Are you sure that you can actually use all those vouchers in one transaction. I don't really use those vouchers from Dunnes that often but do use them for another chain.

If you get 2 voucher saying that you get ten euro off if you spend fifty euro you cannot use both vouchers in a single transaction even if you are spending over a hundred euros.

It may not be that the girl did not scan all the voucher but that she did scan them all and the system did not allow two of the same vouchers to be used in a single transaction. Might be with reading the terms and conditions on the back of the voucher before you do anything else.

I read the post no need to try to be smart.

"....They were also so ignorant and rude to me. What can I do....?

It wasn't clear if it was a voucher to spend, or x off if you spend y.
    The op also said in another post that they wouldn't be spending enough to use the voucher as opposed yo not allowed to spend it till easter.

I wasn't trying to be smart - I am smart - that's why I was able to deduce the OP's query on a first reading :)

Miaireland wrote: »
    Actual I have just reread the thread again. Are you sure that you can actually use all those vouchers in one transaction. I don't really use those vouchers from Dunnes that often but do use them for another chain.

If you get 2 voucher saying that you get ten euro off if you spend fifty euro you cannot use both vouchers in a single transaction even if you are spending over a hundred euros.

It may not be that the girl did not scan all the voucher but that she did scan them all and the system did not allow two of the same vouchers to be used in a single transaction. Might be with reading the terms and conditions on the back of the voucher before you do anything else.

As long as you go above the required spend (per voucher) then you can apply them. There is no way for that to be applied to your Easter points as there is no personal record to put them against and you must spend a set amount to avail of them.

Head office call mate

II am smart

Says OldNotWise!!

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭cnoc

The OP would have required 3 separate transactions at the till to avail the money off on each voucher.
    OP - did your shopping go through in 1 lot or 3 separate lots?

Says OldNotWise!!

:D WALKED into that!

...I'm also not old lol

• Advertisement

You can use them all in one transaction now. They have been advertising it that way for the last three weeks and I have done so.

cnoc wrote: »
    The OP would have required 3 separate transactions at the till to avail the money off on each voucher.
    OP - did your shopping go through in 1 lot or 3 separate lots?

Not correct. They can all be used in one transaction.

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭cnoc

Not correct. They can all be used in one transaction.

:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭kc90

cnoc wrote: »
    :eek:

To be fair, some of the previous promotions did require that.

Thanks guys will try head office tomorrow and yes all 3 can be used together.

Thanks guys will try head office tomorrow and yes all 3 can be used together.

Thanks handy to know. I get sent Dunnes Vouchers but rarely use them but if that is the case may go to Dunnes for my Christmas shop :)

Thanks handy to know. I get sent Dunnes Vouchers but rarely use them but if that is the case may go to Dunnes for my Christmas shop :)

These are money off dependant on spend from your last weeks shop. Not ones sent in the post.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Does a voucher print out? and if so, is this voucher then scanned again to take the money off the new bill? If so th shoudl def issue either another €10 voucher or give the €10 back.

Advertisement