Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ATM not stolen in Celbridge - set on fire instead

Options
  • 05-12-2014 5:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭

I'm surprised that this hasn't been in the media today but the Ulster Bank ATM was dragged out of the wall during last night.

I drove down the main street this morning and there were plenty of squad cars there along with a messy looking hole in the wall. I can only assume the thieves actually got the ATM out and made off with it.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

That is crazy:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭DesperateDan

Wonder what the maximum amount of cash an atm could hold would be?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Peppa Pig

On RTE now

Wasn't dragged out - it was set on fire :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Toulouse

Wowzers! How would you even get one to light :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭Joe Public

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭n97 mini

Probably vandalism. The playground in Celbridge suffered a (pointless) similar fate at the hands of some of the local "youths".

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Davidth88

Interesting , that ATM was also damaged by what looked by fire about a month ago IIRC

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭The Mulk

n97 mini wrote: »
    Probably vandalism. The playground in Celbridge suffered a (pointless) similar fate at the hands of some of the local "youths".

I thought this was confirmed as an attempted robbery, using a method where they pump gas into the machine to try blow it up.

Either that or someone with a serious grudge against Ulster Bank:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Peppa Pig

The Mulk wrote: »
    I thought this was confirmed as an attempted robbery, using a method where they pump gas into the machine to try blow it up.

When I passed it the other day, I got the impression it was an attempted robbery. 3 squad cars and about 6 gardai were there.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭n97 mini

The Mulk wrote: »

That occurred to me first, but it doesn't look like a likely candidate for that sort of robbery as it's not particularly exposed.

• Advertisement
Advertisement