Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RX100 mk1 again...

Options
  • 05-12-2014 5:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭

So...apologies for another thread!

I have a one4all voucher, and a sudden itch for camera gear(that i probably dont necessarily need...). The rx100 has always interested me since it was launched as it was pocketable, has a wide f1.8 aperture when at it's widest focal length and great image quality. The question is; is the first gen still worth it for ~350/400?

I have a couple of cameras, 60D with a broad selection of lenses, and a m4/3 Samsung NX1000. The 60D is my primary camera, and i get great use from it. But the Samsung was always a bit of a weird one for me. Smaller than an SLR, but still needing a bag to realistically carry it anywhere. Which means that if I have a bag, I'll just bring the 60D with whatever walk around lens I want, meaning I never really got great use out of the Samsung.

This is where my logic leads me to the RX100, slim camera, still has manual controls if I want them and large sensor for a compact. My main concern is the lack of viewfinder, however I'm not going to spend as much on the MK3 for that!

So is there anything else I should consider? Is it still worth it? And if anyone has one, what's your experience.
    Tagged:

Advertisement