Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Steam Sale (Christmas, 2014 Edition)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭Laviski

Headshot wrote: »
    Maybe its just me but this steam sale has been crap

If you have bought all the.games you have eye on over the past years since the sale are common

bound to happen! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭franman

Think the steam sales have been bad for the past couple of years. You can always find better deals other sites like amazon or greenmangaming

• Registered Users Posts: 54,181 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Laviski wrote: »
    If you have bought all the.games you have eye on over the past years since the sale are common

bound to happen! :)

I was expecting better prices tbh.

Age of Mythology was like 6-7 euro. A great game but quite old at this stage. It should of been 2 euro

Prices and the lack of games on sale are my main concern

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Honestly, it does seem a little lackluster this year, there's been some utter rubbish in the community choice awards compared to before, which considering they used to be a lot more frequent you'd think they wouldn't need to pad them out. I'm just hoping there's a decent discount on Wolfenstein one of the days, and I'll be happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Links234 wrote: »
    Honestly, it does seem a little lackluster this year, there's been some utter rubbish in the community choice awards compared to before, which considering they used to be a lot more frequent you'd think they wouldn't need to pad them out. I'm just hoping there's a decent discount on Wolfenstein one of the days, and I'll be happy.

Wolfenstein 15 on g2play atm

http://www.g2play.net/catalogsearch/result/index/?q=wolfenstein

was 12 yesterday waiting till its 10 :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,737 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

I was thinking that too, but at the same time at least half of what's on sale each day i already own, the others didnt interest me or weren't low enough to buy

• Registered Users Posts: 7,007 ✭✭✭Wossack

a lot of the usual suspects alright

community choice being poor, and very infrequent aint helping though

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Anybody else not able to play on steam last night around 1am. Due to server overload.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

I kind of get the feeling that these type of discounts will now be the norm from now on. I imagine devs/publishers are giving out to Valve that prices are scraping the bottom of the barrel and that consumers are waiting until Sale time to buy their product rather than anytime else during the year. It might coincide with the change in the trading policy and also the region locks recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Well, I got myself Walking Dead season 2 for a fiver and Bioshock Infinite Season Pass as I really really want to play Burial at the Sea. More of Underwater Bioshock is great in my Books.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭kingtiger

I see Gauntlet is now a tenner, have to buy it, loved that game when I was a kid

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭tbukela

Got Walking Dead Season 2 yesterday, had been waiting ages for it.

Can't decide between Endless Legends or Ages of Wonders III. Any recommendations?
    Also waiting on Kerbal to drop further, is that realistic?

Got super meat boy, bit of an impulse buy but for that price meh

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

Got bully just there. I loved that game!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,964 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Got Bully Super Meat Boy and Star Wars Empire at War,

Also have some cards for trading if anyone is up for a trade? Looking for 3, 6 ,9 and 10

have 2 of No. 3, 1 of No. 4 and 1 of No. 7 to trade with

Holy crap today's deals are underwhelming :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

Holy crap today's deals are underwhelming :(

Yeah I thought there would be some great deals on Christmas Day!

Flash sale is better even. Kinda wanted to get Gone Home as well, but I'm trying to not buy anything I'm not gonna play right away, so may give it a miss for now.

Actually, what's the advantage in Sleeping Dogs definitive edition? I picked up the standard game I think during the summer sale but never got around to even installing it yet.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Flash sale is better even. Kinda wanted to get Gone Home as well, but I'm trying to not buy anything I'm not gonna play right away, so may give it a miss for now.

Actually, what's the advantage in Sleeping Dogs definitive edition? I picked up the standard game I think during the summer sale but never got around to even installing it yet.

Better looking graphics is all I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

among the sleep any good?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

I got rollercoaster tycoon :o
    I've heard so many stories about it I had to give it a go. Well notyet, I'm still playing bg2 ee

• Registered Users Posts: 13,732 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit is €2.99 at the moment.

Lowest price so far according to isthereanydeal.com, and cheaper than the US$/GBP equivalent ($3.99 / £2.99)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Football Manager 33% off?

Man this sale has BLOWN so hard

Better looking graphics is all I think.

So no advantage for me then. Really must play it at some stage

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

TheDoc wrote: »
    Football Manager 33% off?

Man this sale has BLOWN so hard

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=93574200&postcount=622

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭racersedge

It's felt like an odd sort of sale, to be fair. Perhaps we are so used to them now that we have become de-sensitised to the whole thing. That, coupled with other vendors offering games at comparable prices as well and suddenly the shine starts to come off these events.

Is this sale lasting longer than usual as well with going into the first few days of January? Would nearly prefer a shorter window which allowed for better titles to appear in daily deals. There has been a many days where you look at the titles and just shrug. I would have at least expected one stellar deal per day.

That been said, I have been more busier than usual than other sales (probably because I recently upgraded the computer). Day one say me pick up the truck simulator (for the giggles) and then snatched up Walking Dead Season 2 and the 400 Days DLC from Season 1 to tie it all together in a bow.

A belly full of alcohol saw me jump on the Sleeping Dogs Definitive Edition last night and then this morning my hangover treated me to the Farcry Collection (sans the newest title). So all in all I've spent about thirty quid, which ain't half bad with what you would get in a bricks and motar for that.

Still have an eye on a few things. Be nice to see Splinter Cell appear with a bigger chunk off it and like a few others, might jump on Wolfenstein should it come up on a worthwhile deal.

Have to see as the newer titles just haven't had enough appeal to be worth jumping on. Did pass on Assetto Corsa... very tempted. However still feeling stung from getting rF2 last year and still racing on rF so might wait for that appear in later sales before jumping on that bandwagon.

80% off of Planetary Annihilation. Is it that bad? I remember it looked good before it was released

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

80% off of Planetary Annihilation. Is it that bad? I remember it looked good before it was released

Definitely worth a fiver

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭Vojera

I picked up South Park: Stick of Truth as it was one of the two games I said I'd look out for and I know I'll play it right away. Otherwise the sale hasn't been great for me. Roll on 6pm, maybe I'll be surprised.

• Advertisement

Banished is seriously worth picking up, otherwise today seems a bit underwhelming again.

Advertisement