Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Steam Sale (Christmas, 2014 Edition)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Cravez wrote: »
    If anyone is interested in Carmageddon: Reincarnation, I would buy it now while it's in the flash sales. It's the cheapest I've seen it across any site/platform and I've been keeping an eye on it for a while.

From what I've heard, it doesn't contain a lot of content just yet nor is it well optimised (at the moment) but even buying it now for when it's fully release is probably going to be the best option in terms as price as it's probably going to increase when it's out of EA. And I doubt it will get discounted this much again (maybe again for the same price in the summer sale/crimbo sale next year)

I played a few months ago and the driving was solid, very reminiscent of Carma2. Level details were ok but there was only 2/3 levels. AI wasn't too bad either.

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭Kunkka

Picked up Tomb Raider as was a huge fan of the original. Pleasantly surprised so far

• Registered Users Posts: 4,261 ✭✭✭munster87

Any idea will the Telltale Game of Thrones game go any cheaper in the next couple of days?

• Registered Users Posts: 30 2dizzylizzie

Has anyone tried the Lara Croft games (not actually Tomb Raider) are they any good? They're 50% and 20% off but are they worth it at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Has anyone tried the Lara Croft games (not actually Tomb Raider) are they any good? They're 50% and 20% off but are they worth it at all.
    Guardian of Light is meant to be good, but Temple of Osiris got a poor response, haven't played either though I might add.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭ionapaul

Completed Guardian of Light, really liked it. Will give Temple of Osiris a try when it costs a fiver or less, so maybe this time next year!

I have less than an hour to decide on wolfenstein, if I want to buy it or not, and I put money in my account today, so I can afford it if I want to. I know its also one I definitely wanted from the start of the sale, and that I will play it, I am going to play it right away. But I'm seriously considering giving it a miss so that I can focus more on the backlog.

I think I may just do that. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭Vojera

I haven't played Temple of Osiris, but Guardian of Light is good fun. It's quite different to regular Tomb Raider, what with the isometric camera and the emphasis on combat, but I had a lot of fun playing it. I thought it almost had a side-scroller beat-em-up feel in parts, but that might just be me! There are also optional side-tombs which are puzzle-based, so there's good variety.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Wetbench4

Links234 wrote: »
    I have less than an hour to decide on wolfenstein, if I want to buy it or not, and I put money in my account today, so I can afford it if I want to. I know its also one I definitely wanted from the start of the sale, and that I will play it, I am going to play it right away. But I'm seriously considering giving it a miss so that I can focus more on the backlog.

I found Wolfenstein unputdownable, and i didn't think i would. I got it for about €14 on kinguin about a month ago so if you do miss it in the sale, all is not lost.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Seriously stayed up till 4am playing it last night, cant play now cos there are people here. Excellent game enjoyable old school feel to mowing down everything and have died a few times.

Fcuk off and let me play ffs :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,007 ✭✭✭Wossack

yea Id totally cave and get wolfenstein :p its a good one to have on the backlog vs the open ended games (damn planetside 2), as theres a definite story to be ran through

Is this the last batch of deals?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭McSasquatch II

Yeah, they're starting the encore deals a day early by the looks of it. So nothing actually new from here on in. Disappointing end to a disappointing sale.

Hah, so I've another 48 hours on Wolfenstein :p

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Payday 2, GOTY, or standard edition which do you recommend?

I'm thinking standard as it's a lot cheaper as i cannot see myself spending the extra 13.78 for mostly costumes.

Payday 2, GOTY, or standard edition which do you recommend?

I'm thinking standard as it's a lot cheaper as i cannot see myself spending the extra 13.78 for mostly costumes.

I'd recommend the GOTY edition, the DLC does add a lot of content, it's not costumes and vanity items, but additional maps and a lot of weapons and mods for weapons. They're not essential but can add a lot of flavour to the game and different options for dealing with special enemies. But with that said, Overkill are pretty cool in that you don't need to buy the DLC for the maps in order to play them. As in, you can join an armoured transport heist you just can't host one. Up to you, of course. ;)

Actually, one thing you could do is see which DLC appeals to you. I'd really recommend the Gage Mod Courier DLC because it really adds a lot of customization options to your weapons. It's really the one thing I'd say is close to a must have.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,446 ✭✭✭Nollog

do we have a trade thread on here? i have excess gems i'll trade to folk if they need to cash them in before they expire

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

Wait, what? They're expiring...? Ah damn.

Edit: I don't see any notice on the side of their expiration. :S

• Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭McSasquatch II

The gems aren't expiring. It said it on the page about the auction, pre-sale.

Edit: From here;
    What happens to Steam Gems after the Holiday Auction ends?
    Gems will not disappear from your Inventory after the Holiday Auction event ends. You can continue making and using it to create Booster Packs.

Edit 2: I suppose that just refers to the auction ending, and not the sale itself...

o rly?
    during the pre-christmas auction they said they were expiring.
    cool beans then.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,703 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

First time in a while I've not purchased a game on steam. Perhaps too much time spent on WoW.

Manach wrote: »
    First time in a while I've not purchased a game on steam. Perhaps too much time spent on WoW.

me too, was tempted by 1 dlc, and now waving my fingers around roller coaster tycoon 1 and 2 :\

I'm proud of myself that I didn't get much, so unless I cave and get Wolfenstein, my final haul is:

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance
    Mark of the Ninja
    Super Meat Boy

Spent about 7 euro in all

Oh, also got Assassins Creed IV: Black Flag for herself as a Christmas pressie :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Links234 wrote:
    Oh, also got Assassins Creed IV: Black Flag for herself as a Christmas pressie 

she'd LOVE Wolfenstein!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭flyingsnail

I'm proud of myself that I didn't get much, so unless I cave and get Wolfenstein, my final haul is:

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance
    Mark of the Ninja
    Super Meat Boy

Spent about 7 euro in all

Oh, also got Assassins Creed IV: Black Flag for herself as a Christmas pressie :D

You managed to abstain a lot more than I did :P But still I managed to pick up a number of games I really wanted so not all bad for 57.91

Rome 2 Total war
    Batman Arkam Origins
    Ruse
    Bulletstorm
    Saints Row IV
    Hitman Absolution
    south park stick of truth
    Wolfenstein the new order

sweetie wrote: »
    she'd LOVE Wolfenstein!

you know, she would, but she's very much in the same position as me and has a lot of stuff she needs to play, I only got Black Flag for her because she'd been playing through the AC games, and I know she wanted it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

I bought Red Alert 2 and Dead State. Pretty disappointed in the sale. Is everyone sure tomorrow will not differ? Am thinking about This War of Mine.

Any Turn Based games anyone would recommend in the way of X-Com, The Banner Saga, Expeditions Conquistador or Blackguards? Don't especially enjoy the older games like Fallout Tactics.

My final tally is:
    South Park: Stick of Truth (with DLC)
    Rogue Legacy
    Strongbad's Cool Game for Attractive People
    Eidos Anthology (via the Squeenix offer)
    A Bird Story (and soundtrack)
    A few games for the Boardsie Steam Gifts group

A little more than I intended but I'm happy enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Wolfenstein down to 12.99 on g2play.

Mother****ers!!!

• Advertisement

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Wolfenstein down to 12.99 on g2play.

Mother****ers!!!

It says €12.99 on the front page but when you click the link it jumps up to €17.32, besides I've heard dodgy things about g2play and how they're not an authorized seller, folks accounts being banned, so I wouldn't buy from 'em personally. I'm open to being corrected on this, of course.

Advertisement