Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Steam Sale (Christmas, 2014 Edition)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 54,180 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Iv bought numerous stuff from G2play and never had issues. Yes iv heard of issues with Keys but contact their live chat and theyll get it sorted

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Lyrical

I feel guilty and have buyers remorse as I went overboard during this sale.I have only been on steam a year and a half and this was my first "proper" Xmas sale that I had time to check out the deals but I bought way too many games.

Although I did make a profit

Bought Defy Gravity for 9c and got 18c from selling the cards and

Gearcrack Arena for 9c and made 15c from selling the cards.

So small wins :o.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Links234 wrote: »
    It says €12.99 on the front page but when you click the link it jumps up to €17.32, besides I've heard dodgy things about g2play and how they're not an authorized seller, folks accounts being banned, so I wouldn't buy from 'em personally. I'm open to being corrected on this, of course.

yeah.........about that :o

page 1 of 3 :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

J Mysterio wrote: »
    I bought Red Alert 2

3? I don't see 2 on steam. Mind you, 2 is a far better game than 3.

Lyrical wrote: »
    Bought Defy Gravity for 9c

Dammit. I knew I should have waited. It was 19c last year. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭flyingsnail

Monotype wrote: »
    3? I don't see 2 on steam. Mind you, 2 is a far better game than 3.

Dammit. I knew I should have waited. It was 19c last year. :P

AFAIK the original Red alert was released as freeware, there are some tutorials out there if you want it to work on W7

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,844 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Kentucky route zero worth it?

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭tbukela

Tempted to make one last purchase - Kerbal or Risk of Reign, both sound really interesting.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,304 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Links234 wrote: »
    It says €12.99 on the front page but when you click the link it jumps up to €17.32, besides I've heard dodgy things about g2play and how they're not an authorized seller, folks accounts being banned, so I wouldn't buy from 'em personally. I'm open to being corrected on this, of course.
    That's because the prices they list are Brazil/Russia which you're automatically routed out of once going in (and correctly so). Never had problem with my purchases from them; you can also easily get 3% discount if you look around for the top streamers in Hearthstone who usually have 3% discount links.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

tbukela wrote: »
    Tempted to make one last purchase - Kerbal or Risk of Reign, both sound really interesting.

Kerbal is really interesting if you have an interest in space and satellites and such.

You can set insane goals for yourself like lifting an entire space station into orbit in one go.

And you can :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance is back to 80% off again.

It's not apparent, because it's one of those hidden deals and got a discount along with MGS: Ground Zeroes, but ****ing incredible game for the price. Thought a few people might like to know, and its seriously worth picking up, easily the best purchase I made this sale.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Ok... Just bought a rake of games...

Age of Mythology
    Majesty 2
    Star Wars Empire at War
    This War of Mine
    TW Shogun 2
    W40k Dawn of War

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

tbukela wrote: »

Risk of Rain is brilliant but it's quite hard in the later stages - enemies everywhere! You can play it co-op. I love it anyway.

bought revengeance

Lol, so when I posted the Wolfenstein trailer earlier, I convinced a few peeps to get it (even though it might wait until next sale for me), am I being a bad influence again? :pac:

Oh such a seriously fun game :D

laughed way more than i should have.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

I got endless legend, brilliant civ game enjoying it way more than beyond earth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭McSasquatch II

^Haven't bought much this sale at all, but definitely picking up Endless Legend in the morning!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,725 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Lone Stone wrote: »
    I got endless legend, brilliant civ game enjoying it way more than beyond earth.

Ye easily the best game I picked up in the sale. Put a good 20+ hours in over the break.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

So this year even though it was a disappointing sale, I picked up the following

South Park
    Wasteland 2
    Microsoft Flight Simulator X
    Metal Slug 3
    Stanley Parable
    Thief
    Need for Speed Hot Pursuit
    Halo Spartan Assault
    EU IV: Res Publica
    Orion Prelude 4 Pack

half were impulse buys and I've finished South Park over Xmas (it's worth picking up if you haven't already)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

With the sale coming to a close, I would advise to buy any games you think you may want. With the new EU Digital Tax law coming into effect (immediately across some sites such as Kinguin), Steam (and other online retailers) will be costing more and we'll see most likely an added 23% to the prices you see (sale or non-sale)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Had 6 games on my wishlist, 3 of them went on sale at >= 50% off. Result.

Now I have 3 games on my wishlist. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭lmimmfn

Cravez wrote: »
    With the sale coming to a close, I would advise to buy any games you think you may want. With the new EU Digital Tax law coming into effect (immediately across some sites such as Kinguin), Steam (and other online retailers) will be costing more and we'll see most likely an added 23% to the prices you see (sale or non-sale)
    The affect to steam prices should be minimal, they're registered in the UK so you're already paying at least 21% vat if not 23%. Its not the same as kinquin as they were probably not paying any tax.

lmimmfn wrote: »
    The affect to steam prices should be minimal, they're registered in the UK so you're already paying at least 21% vat if not 23%. Its not the same as kinquin as they were probably not paying any tax.

After reading more into it, Valve's European subsidiary is located in Luxembourg, where the VAT rate is 15% (now 17% as of yesterday). So more realistically we'd be looking at a 5 - 7% increase.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Cravez wrote: »
    After reading more into it, Valve's European subsidiary is located in Luxembourg, where the VAT rate is 15% (now 17% as of yesterday). So more realistically we'd be looking at a 5 - 7% increase.

I'd very much be expecting Valve to absorb some / all of that cost, at least with blockbuster titles, as they already fail to compete with the high street on that front.

I'd very much be expecting Valve to absorb some / all of that cost, at least with blockbuster titles, as they already fail to compete with the high street on that front.

I agree, considering that already make alot of money from the Steam EU store where $1 = €1. The increase would meant that Brick and Mortar stores could potentially be cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Stormhawk88

Caved in the last 15 minutes of the sale and picked up endless legend if its as good as everybody says itl be well worth it.

Well, that was actually a decent sale, made all the better for me not buying too much stuff, more time to work on that backlog :D

It wasn't a bad sale in general, but it was the worst Steam sale in a good while. I actually bought more from Humble Bundle and GreenManGaming than Steam this time around, even though I had tons of Steam cash. I mainly bought Payday DLC and also gifts for others for this sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Rebel Rebel

0 purchases for me, but i did manage to craft a badge and make €0.40 selling the cards

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭lmimmfn

0 purchases for me, but i did manage to craft a badge and make €0.40 selling the cards
    I made about 12 euro selling that junk :)

Advertisement