Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Steam Sale (Christmas, 2014 Edition)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Thanks Retrogamer, so it's nothing like lets say Deus Ex Human Revolution then? Plot wise I mean. I had been eyeballing it since release :o damn, conflicted

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭bpb101

Fallout 3 or new Vegas maybe ?
    dont really want a alien type thing/ zombie things

• Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭McSasquatch II

bpb101 wrote: »
    Lads does anybody know of some open world games with guns and its is modern(as it not laser guns but not swords)
    dont paying 60 quid for farcry 4
    Ive played(have)
    gta iv
    Mafia 1+2
    Far cry 3
    la noire

watch dogs looks a bit deer and not worth it from reading the reviews.
    I really like the mafia games
    Any suggestions

Maybe more tongue in cheek than you're looking for, but what about Saints Row 3 or 4?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Since i discovered g2play.net steam sales are nothing to me. Lower prices than steam sales all year round. Its pretty insane. Although had a quick glance and Deus Ex is cheaper on steam.

But stuff like Assassins Creed: Unity for 26 on g2play and 40 on steam is a big difference. Not that anyone would actually want to buy Assassins Creed: Unity :pac:

Oak76 wrote: »
    Maybe more tongue in cheek than you're looking for, but what about Saints Row 3 or 4?

Thanks but not really what I'm looking for. I also want to be able to drive

One problem I have Is I never get to finish gtaiv because I get a few hours into it and then I leave it for a while and by the time I get back to it there always some games for windows update or it dosent work because of some new update and then eventually I lose all my progress by a format. Then I'm back to the start. La noire I loss my data twice or 3 times on a system format. That's a big problem by buying non steam games

Thanks for the suggestions folks though. Anything else . Basically a modern day fps open world that uses real guns with and against a human character

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭McSasquatch II

Thanks for the suggestions folks though. Anything else . Basically a modern day fps open world that uses real guns with and against a human character

If you really want to steer clear of any kind of fantasy/horror/sci-fi element, then you aren't left with much choice. ARMA II maybe? Lots of mods available for it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Lads does anybody know of some open world games with guns and its is modern(as it not laser guns but not swords)
    Ive played(have)
    gta iv
    Mafia 1+2
    Far cry 3
    la noire

Any suggestions
    Fallout 3 or new Vegas maybe ?

Add Borderlands 1 and 2 to that as well. You will not be disappointed with those four games. Make sure you have a lot of free time, 240+ hours in all those games combined with the DLC's.

It's not zombie or alien. It is a post nuclear war world. You grow up in a vault and once you get older you leave the vault to explore the massive game world. Many hours involved.

Thanks but not really what I'm looking for. I also want to be able to drive

One problem I have Is I never get to finish gtaiv because I get a few hours into it and then I leave it for a while and by the time I get back to it there always some games for windows update or it dosent work because of some new update and then eventually I lose all my progress by a format. Then I'm back to the start. La noire I loss my data twice or 3 times on a system format. That's a big problem by buying non steam games

Didn't see this bit till now. No driving in fallout. Bit of driving in Borderlands but they are different than the games you are looking for.

Off the top of my head, The Godfather is good the first didn't play the second, also Scarface is another excellent game. They are both like GTA. Also GTA San Andreas is a very good game. I don't know if those games are out on PC as I played them on Xbox but San Andreas is available for PC.

Also Scarface starts off at the end of the film so it is kinda like a FPS as everyone is there to kill you but once you escape the house you go stay in a hut outside of town and then build up your drug empire. It is open world once you leave the mansion.

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭Kunkka

Just bought Depth half price! Apparently a lot of fun in multiplayer and with Jaws being my favorite movie ever hoping I love it :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

No aliens or zombies,mutants yes, big open worlds yes, I guarantee you'll love them.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Hopefully kerbal goes on sale tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

picked up Microsoft Flight Simulator for €5!

Krusader wrote: »
    picked up Microsoft Flight Simulator for €5!

Thinking of picking that up myself, I've no controller though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭flyingsnail

Thinking of picking that up myself, I've no controller though.

I picked it up myself a while back, unusable until I bought a flight stick.

I picked it up myself a while back, unusable until I bought a flight stick.

Damn ya that's what I thinking

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Someone was looking for Skyrim Legendary Edition... its 10e on Green Man Gaming.

Off the top of my head, The Godfather is good the first didn't play the second, also Scarface is another excellent game. They are both like GTA. Also GTA San Andreas is a very good game. I don't know if those games are out on PC as I played them on Xbox but San Andreas is available for PC.

Also Scarface starts off at the end of the film so it is kinda like a FPS as everyone is there to kill you but once you escape the house you go stay in a hut outside of town and then build up your drug empire. It is open world once you leave the mansion.

cant seem to find The godfather or scarface of them on steam
    Like fps as well so scarface looks good

...and the first purchase of the sale is! Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance

Now, to watch it languish in my queue while I go play Payday 2 for hours :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭TheFullDuck

Ive played(have)
    gta iv
    Mafia 1+2
    Far cry 3
    la noire

Any suggestions

sleeping dogs surely

can be picked up cheaply enough now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I got the borderlands pre-sequel. After all the meh opinions I read when it came out, I'm surprised how much I like it. :)

Mr E wrote: »
    I got the borderlands pre-sequel. After all the meh opinions I read when it came out, I'm surprised how much I like it. :)

Honestly, I want that too, but gonna wait until it's a bit cheaper ;)

cant seem to find The godfather or scarface of them on steam
    Like fps as well so scarface looks good

According to wiki both games were released on windows platform. If you can find them online somewhere.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Godfather:_The_Game

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scarface:_The_World_Is_Yours

Both excellent games but Scarface in my opinion is better.

Thanks for the ideas Scarface godfather and sleeping dogs all look great. Now we play the waiting game on steam

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Odd cant buy the insurgency 4 pack for gifting but can buy it in singles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 656 ✭✭✭EITS

Mr E wrote: »

I think it's (slightly) cheaper on Funstock Digital, got two games for €29.60 with the coupon code #FUNISHOT

Anyone here played trans ocean ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

Have yet to pull the trigger, but Ethan Carter is tempting me...

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Stormhawk88

Got Risk of Rain about an hour ago haven't stopped playing it. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭Jacovs

Prison Architect for 5,59, might pick that up.

Advertisement