Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Steam Sale (Christmas, 2014 Edition)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,278 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

If anyone wants an amazing JRPG Trails in the Sky is on sale right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭flyingsnail

How does Hitman Absolution compare with the other Hitman games? Looking at it for 3.99 in the 12 hour deals.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

How does Hitman Absolution compare with the other Hitman games? Looking at it for 3.99 in the 12 hour deals.
    I'm wondering too as I'm thinking of grabbing it myself too!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

It's actually ok, certainly not the worst in the series. Some of the missions span across multiple areas so they can be quite big. It's very story driven compared to the other games in the series where every mission is pretty much a main mission whereas in previous games it sort of took a break between the storyline to give you a non related hit.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭ionapaul

Bought my first game of the sale last night, The Walking Dead Season 2 for a little less than €6 I think. Really enjoyed the first season so am looking forward to this.

Don't plan on spending too much more to be honest, have a good few games on my wishlist but have promised myself that I'll hold off until they are much lower than present price, which not happen this sale.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Mum transferred my Xmas money to my bank account...................She doesn't realize what she has just done

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Got Rome 2 cheap. Even discounted I have the buyers remorse.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭flyingsnail

Riamfada wrote: »
    Got Rome 2 cheap. Even discounted I have the buyers remorse.

I know what you mean, I got it during this sale. steam says I have played 10 hours and it seems like enough for me, I just didn't love it like the other total war games but I can't put my finger on why.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Yeah, for some reason just cant really be arsed to play again...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Defeated the blade wolf, yay ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭racersedge

Cravez wrote: »
    It's actually ok, certainly not the worst in the series. Some of the missions span across multiple areas so they can be quite big. It's very story driven compared to the other games in the series where every mission is pretty much a main mission whereas in previous games it sort of took a break between the storyline to give you a non related hit.

Yeah.. it's different, for lack of a better word than what some of the others. There are missions where you don't have a target to kill, for example. As Cravez said, it is story driven. Of the story, some parts feel a bit... off, but that is a personal opinion.

There is room for returning to it as well on play through's as in some levels there are different ways to go about it. Like most games these days, you can 'achieve' these different scenarios to.. well, boost your ego! :P I suppose if you enjoy going back at it and trying to nail a guy a different way, it's adds variety!

Overall, I enjoyed it - despite the differences from the past series. Few things take a bit of getting used to (such as how disguises work). Not the worst in the series (I still struggle to be a silent assassin in the first game which felt more like a FPS with stealth elements than what it turned out in later games).

You could do worse for four euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Assetto Corsa is just out of early access, on v1.0 now so it's unlikely it'll get any bigger discount for a good while

Well... looks like I was wrong.. -50% now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭Nedved85

Well... looks like I was wrong.. -50% now :D

I snapped at that price, will tie me over until project Cars :)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Payday 2 GOTY with all DLC 22.93

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Payday 2 GOTY with all DLC 22.93

Get it

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Links234 wrote: »
    Get it

original_24086599.jpg?1403639573

Patience :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Yep, I went crazy. I got the following games today and over the weekend;

Sniper Elite
    Sniper Elite v2
    Sniper Elite III
    Age of Mythology Extended Edition
    Hitman Codename 47
    Hitman 2
    Hitman Contracts
    Hitman Blood Money
    Flight Simulator X Steam Edition
    Rust
    The Forest (Thanks, PewDiePie)
    Garry's Mod
    Saints Row The Third
    Saints Row IV
    Shogun 2 Total War: Fall of the Samurai DLC
    Shadowrun Returns

Two or three of the games I actually got off of Kinguin.net just to shave one or two euro off (they were cheaper than the actual Steam sale)

Out of all of those games, I'll probably finish...one of them (maybe :pac:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭McSasquatch II

Not a huge discount for either, but sorely tempted by both Endless Legend and Age of Wonders III. Can only afford one though... Thoughts?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,725 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Not a huge discount for either, but sorely tempted by both Endless Legend and Age of Wonders III. Can only afford one though... Thoughts?

Picked up Endless Legend the other day, fantastic game. The game Beyond Earth should have been.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭McSasquatch II

Picked up Endless Legend the other day, fantastic game. The game Beyond Earth should have been.

Hmmm, it's the one that I've been leaning towards alright. Reviews have been good, and it's appeared in many "Best of 2014" type lists.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Wetbench4

bpb101 wrote: »
    Lads does anybody know of some open world games with guns and its is modern(as it not laser guns but not swords)
    dont paying 60 quid for farcry 4
    Ive played(have)
    gta iv
    Mafia 1+2
    Far cry 3
    la noire

watch dogs looks a bit deer and not worth it from reading the reviews.
    I really like the mafia games
    Any suggestions

This is worth a look for the price http://store.steampowered.com/app/8190/

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Is it one of those games that's u forgiving difficulty wise?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

only have 35 left to play with as I owe the bank 18 :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,007 ✭✭✭Wossack

mark of the ninja se, garrys mod, and hotline miami added.. not bad for 8 odd

Picked up Mark of the Ninja there :D so that's two games so far

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Yeah, just broke myself, have been watching it for a good while even if I don't have the time for it at the moment. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,365 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Fair warning for those thinking of Endless Legend. The game itself is actually really good - great city management, good unit variety, plus upgrading them is fun, along with your heroes. Great little game.

However, it's not the most stable. Crashing every hour or so randomly - and sometimes making particular decisions also crashes the game - then when you reload making the same decision crashes again. No big deal - unless it's a decision that's critical for your empire's well being.

Fair warning for those thinking of Endless Legend. The game itself is actually really good - great city management, good unit variety, plus upgrading them is fun, along with your heroes. Great little game.

However, it's not the most stable. Crashing every hour or so randomly - and sometimes making particular decisions also crashes the game - then when you reload making the same decision crashes again. No big deal - unless it's a decision that's critical for your empire's well being.

Ah well if theres stability issues I'll pass till there sorted, How is it difficulty wise?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,365 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Ah well if theres stability issues I'll pass till there sorted, How is it difficulty wise?

Haven't really gotten beyond medium, to be honest. Can't really comment. The AI so far though, seems to make the choice to backstab you while you're at war with someone else. Annoying, but clever - intentional or not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54,182 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Maybe its just me but this steam sale has been crap

Advertisement