Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What to get if Humax Foxsat dies( with Raydon)

Options
  • 05-12-2014 7:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭

Have A Humax Foxsat with raydon software installed.

( This enables me to receive and record Saorsat by manual programming)

What is the newer equivalent all in one box or does one exist?

The humax is top class and handy

Would it be worth to sell the box on if a newer replacement exists?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭FRIENDO

Well done in getting Saorsat on the humax, I'm still struggling with this, have had 19.2 in the past on the box but must be doing something wrong with my saorsat setup on the hdr.

The humax hdr is a good box, I have mine since 09, humax have brought out newer boxes on the market with very good demand services and freetime recording. However Unless you can access these services which only seems to work in England, Wales etc.
    I would find it difficult in justifying spending money on a newer box if the humax hdr is working.

http://www.humaxdigital.com/uk/products/product.php?gid=135&pid=5

• Registered Users Posts: 3,794 ✭✭✭Apogee

Have A Humax Foxsat with raydon software installed.

( This enables me to receive and record Saorsat by manual programming)

What is the newer equivalent all in one box or does one exist?

Any chance of you posting a few pics of Saorsat running on your Humax, including what you see in the EPG?

Something like a Vu+ or Gigablue quad running Vix image may be worth considering. Will give you a combined EPG and a fairly close approximation of series link.

IMAG0148.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭winston_1

What to get if Humax Foxsat dies( with Raydon)?

A capacitor kit to fix it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭phelixoflaherty

No info what so ever on epg

I got all the info for setting it up in this forum and the foreign one.

Watty's info was always bang on .

I'll try and string a list together the info

FRIENDO wrote: »
    Well done in getting Saorsat on the humax, I'm still struggling with this, have had 19.2 in the past on the box but must be doing something wrong with my saorsat setup on the hdr.

The humax hdr is a good box, I have mine since 09, humax have brought out newer boxes on the market with very good demand services and freetime recording. However Unless you can access these services which only seems to work in England, Wales etc.
    I would find it difficult in justifying spending money on a newer box if the humax hdr is working.

http://www.humaxdigital.com/uk/products/product.php?gid=135&pid=5

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭FRIENDO

No info what so ever on epg

Thank you, I must try get the saorsat on the hdr again, possibly the saorsat will only work in a particular port, also trying to programme the correct channel frequency can sometimes be a challenge on the humax.

would be thankful for any help.

They changed the FEC settings on saorsat last year with no notification.
    the FEC seems to have been changed to 2/3 from 1/2.
    The Foxsat has no 'Auto' setting for FEC.

Advertisement